Register
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Most of the channels are SD, no one wants SD these days.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxen View Post
    fox sports plays well here.. been watching champions league too.. and other major events..
    again its not the server getting overloaded.. its all the ppl using the same line as you also watching the event, and doing other stuff, as soon as you get to Amsterdam the overload will end they have plenty of bandwidth at the AIX. blame the isp, internet, your neighbors watching it in HD at another service, or whatever.

you are of cause entitled to your opinion, but the real solution is your decision because how do you expect nfps to react to this when it works for some and not for others. and what is the logical answer to overloading their bandwidth/server when it works here for example. how is that possible?

I bet they hear it everyday.. I have 100Mbit, my internet is fine. they stand in a dilemma answering that. it is nobodys internet, its a complicated animal that many companies try and sqeeze every penny out of every bit which result in bad routes at primetime, remember ppl are not just watching champions league on nfps/rocket/iks66 but on services that take up much more (of your) bandwidth too.

I agree with the audio encoding, that really needs to be fixed, but they are trying to give us a better resolution. I am sure they did not expect this changing the audio codec at the same time, and I really hope they will fix it too. coz it is a major showstopper.
    fair enough, I see some logic in this post BUT when lets say Fox Sports was freezing/Buffering, as soon as I hopped to a regular international or English channel, there was absolutely no Buffering then back to Fox and buffering returns ? Doesnt this mean its a channel related and not internet as other channels work buffer free, I had to watch the same stream on a free website with almost-HD quality and completely freeze free. Shouldnt that stream which was "better than SD" frozen more(or at least frozen same as nfps) if it was the 'internet overload" at that particular moment ?

Not trying to be a pain but more reasonable answers are always appreciated. thanks

So far the service is amazing, for the price and the variety of channels its offers and for normal use, I have only so far had problem with LIVE events on Fox Sports, HBO PPV, TNT etc where the channels would buffer a lot during big events.
    Last edited by apun; 11-28-2015 at 04:56 AM.

Channels are all working now

Quote Originally Posted by apun View Post
    fair enough, I see some logic in this post BUT when lets say Fox Sports was freezing/Buffering, as soon as I hopped to a regular international or English channel, there was absolutely no Buffering then back to Fox and buffering returns ? Doesnt this mean its a channel related and not internet as other channels work buffer free, I had to watch the same stream on a free website with almost-HD quality and completely freeze free. Shouldnt that stream which was "better than SD" frozen more(or at least frozen same as nfps) if it was the 'internet overload" at that particular moment ?

Not trying to be a pain but more reasonable answers are always appreciated. thanks

So far the service is amazing, for the price and the variety of channels its offers and for normal use, I have only so far had problem with LIVE events on Fox Sports, HBO PPV, TNT etc where the channels would buffer a lot during big events.
    In my opinion apun if you care to hear it is that you are damn lucky that you still enjoy the service where as for me ,I subscribed to NFPS in hopes of watching the Filipino channels freezing or what not as long as there are these channels.Buffering will always be apart of this service and I can blame poor service .I hope I am not hijacking this thread for I opened up my own thread regarding my request for Filipino channels and never mind regardless of BUFFERING as long as the channels are there.The mods have DELETED them all the time.BUFFERING OR POOR service and poor support.Next time I wouldn't mind paying 15 Cnd dollars which would amount to 180/year BUT with 4 Filipino channels....it's still cheaper than sub again I don't mind the BUFFERING as long as the SERVICE is GOOD and the SUPPORT is also GOOD.Maybe when my code expires then I'll switch to another private server.I'm sorry apun if I maybe hijacking your thread.
    Today only happen once

Bump,bump,bump
    Last edited by Flameangel; 11-28-2015 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Double post.
    Today only happen once

tux tux tux
    Quote Originally Posted by apun View Post

ok that is a bit weird, maybe the channels are external, some of them is.
    I am not the biggest sports fan, but some of my friends are hence the champions league nights also watched HBO events, and I do watch some boxing events though, and other stuff mostly on the request of my friends who are computer illiterates.. could you try pm'ing me before hand when some big events are happening on these channels and we can compare directly? I am naturally curios, its in my blood heh. and I am not disregarding what you are experiencing at all.

the internet is very unpredictable, and some of what you see happens for me too the other way (to US, Canada, and Australia which has paticular bad infrastructure though).

an example of how unpredictable the internet is if I trace route to iks66.tv, rocket , or nfps.
    I am (very lucky) and goes trough minimal of 5 hops (I wont post the hosts I go trough but you can always try pm)

my localnet, my public ip on my isp's net, the ix of my country, amsterdam ix, iks66.tv server. 1,2,3,4,5 very short - cant be shorter.
    with a average ping time of 17ms!

if I trace route aftvnews.com I go through 7! hops of isp's in my country, before I reach US then 4! hops through US isp's, I then hit the aftvnews server.
    with a average ping time of 115ms

in this case it completely disregards my direct connection to the IX, and takes another route, now this route could/should be faster depending on the other isp's so there is some reason behind it. but if the other isp's are cheap and allow for to many users or cap them at primetime it will be slow(er). and the same thing applies on the other side of the ocean. other US sites take other routes and directly to the ix, it differs.

I know this example does not mean much in praxis, but there are far worse scenarios for me too.
    but it proves how inconsistent things can be, I happen to have faster connections to the rest of Europe and worse going overseas.
    and nfps,rocket,iks66 even though located in belize, they do not use the caribbean IX (I dont think many do yet if you search the internet), instead they seem to have bought their hosting and connection at a company connected to the amsterdam IX that offers offshore hosting. I am of cause not completely sure of the details, but it looks that way.

but as said next time you there is a live event you expect to buffer feel free to pm me the channel no. and the event before its going on. as said I am curios at nature, things bite to me and I am a stubborn troubleshooter.
    Last edited by tuxen; 11-28-2015 at 02:06 PM. Reason: im not native and often missunderstood.. so edit has become my middle name lol
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxen View Post
    ok that is a bit weird, maybe the channels are external, some of them is.
    I am not the biggest sports fan, but some of my friends are hence the champions league nights also watched HBO events, and I do watch some boxing events though, and other stuff mostly on the request of my friends who are computer illiterates.. could you try pm'ing me before hand when some big events are happening on these channels and we can compare directly? I am naturally curios, its in my blood heh. and I am not disregarding what you are experiencing at all.

the internet is very unpredictable, and some of what you see happens for me too the other way (to US, Canada, and Australia which has paticular bad infrastructure though).

an example of how unpredictable the internet is if I trace route to iks66.tv, rocket , or nfps.
    I am (very lucky) and goes trough minimal of 5 hops (I wont post the hosts I go trough but you can always try pm)

my localnet, my public ip on my isp's net, the ix of my country, amsterdam ix, iks66.tv server. 1,2,3,4,5 very short - cant be shorter.
    with a average ping time of 17ms!

if I trace route aftvnews.com I go through 7! hops of isp's in my country, before I reach US then 4! hops through US isp's, I then hit the aftvnews server.
    with a average ping time of 115ms

in this case it completely disregards my direct connection to the IX, and takes another route, now this route could/should be faster depending on the other isp's so there is some reason behind it. but if the other isp's are cheap and allow for to many users or cap them at primetime it will be slow(er). and the same thing applies on the other side of the ocean. other US sites take other routes and directly to the ix, it differs.

I know this example does not mean much in praxis, but there are far worse scenarios for me too.
    but it proves how inconsistent things can be, I happen to have faster connections to the rest of Europe and worse going overseas.
    and nfps,rocket,iks66 even though located in belize, they do not use the caribbean IX (I dont think many do yet if you search the internet), instead they seem to have bought their hosting and connection at a company connected to the amsterdam IX that offers offshore hosting. I am of cause not completely sure of the details, but it looks that way.

but as said next time you there is a live event you expect to buffer feel free to pm me the channel no. and the event before its going on. as said I am curios at nature, things bite to me and I am a stubborn troubleshooter.
    perfect, I also want to compare with others to see if it really is just me lol

So today is sat Nov 28th, since you watch boxing: [300] HBO will be showing Klitschko's fight at 5 Pm EST. Lets try to watch that and compare. and i will pm you in the future when there is big event. thanks

Bad buffering today. All channels tested. English and American.

West coast USA.

TV Addicted
    tuxen are you watching HBO ? Couple rounds into the the fight and it is already buffering every minute for about 5-6 seconds which is not as bad as what I had on Fox Sports couple days ago.

Anyone else can confirm HBO buffering? By actually watching the channel for 5,10 mins, not just couple minutes. As I am typing this, the buffering has increased and is more frequent.

TV Addicted
    419 Also showing the event, and also buffering, confirmed in another post by another user also!

Current speed test for me= 39mbps !

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast