Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

STB EMU on Firetv Sitck

I know hat several people have put the STB-Emu on a fireTV box, but has anyone put it on the stick yet? I have had Kodi running on it for some time and it is fantastic but I was wondering if it is fast enough to keep up with the demand of IPTV? I know how to sideload and setup APKs on it, that not really what I am looking for. I am just wondering if anyone has had good luck with this? or any other IPTV emu on the firetv stick.

i would think that if kodi is running good on the stick that the emu with iptv would run fine as well

On demand is working but have not figured out live channels

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
    I know hat several people have put the STB-Emu on a fireTV box, but has anyone put it on the stick yet? I have had Kodi running on it for some time and it is fantastic but I was wondering if it is fast enough to keep up with the demand of IPTV? I know how to sideload and setup APKs on it, that not really what I am looking for. I am just wondering if anyone has had good luck with this? or any other IPTV emu on the firetv stick.
    I have put both fireTV and stick, there is no issues or slowdown on stick at all.

radmacks or t00legit2014 can you give a step by step how you did this on stick not fire tv

Any Steps and directions will be highly appreciated...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ABBA View Post
    Any Steps and directions will be highly appreciated...Thanks
    Well, I 'll tell you what i did. I'm assuming that most folk know how to sideload the fire stick, but if not, use my best friend google to locate files identified and I'll go ahead and include those instructions for an all-in-one set of instructions.

You will need the following to successfully load your fire tv stick with the STB Emulator:

1) Fire TV Stick - obviously
    2)A computer on the same network with the firestick
    3)A bluetooth device capable of emulating a mouse - I'm using my old Vizio tablet.
    4)Beverage of choice *optional*

Files needed (use my best friend google to locate them)

1) adbfire115 (too many problems with any other versions)
    2)STB Emulator 0.5.21.apk (use the latest when performing these steps)
    3)MX Player 1.7.37.apk (use the latest......)
    4)WuKong Remote (needed later when applying initial settings in STB Emulator with bluetooth mouse emulator)

Preparing the Fire TV Stick for sideloading:

Fire stick should be installed to an HDMI port on the TV - you will have to allow the introduction video to play before you proceed with steps that follow.
    1)Scroll down to settings on the firestick and then over to system>developer options and then hit enter.
    2)Change ADB debugging from off to on and do the same for Apps from Unknown Sources and then hit the back button - curved arrow button on the remote that came with the firestick - once and then move up to "about" and hit enter.
    3)Move down to "network" and write down the IP Address that's assigned to the firestick. You can hit the back button until you're back at the home screen and sit your remote down for now.

At you Computer:

1)Extract adbfire, MX Player.apk, and STB Emulator.apk that you downloaded to desktop. Makes it easy to access these files during sideloads.
    2)In the adbfire folder, double click on the adbfire.exe file to launch the app. A message will pop-up about the latest version, but just hit no for now.
    3)In the "Device address" field, input the IP address that you wrote down ealier, as instructed. If you forgot to write the address down, drink some of your beverage of choice and head back to the tv and complete my first set of instructions.
    4)Hit connect and you should see the status at the bottom of the app change from "device not connected to "device connected".
    5)Hit the "Install APK" button and then schroll up or down to desktop - remember this is where we placed our downloaded documents.
    6)Choose the STB Emulator.apk file and hit ok to start the sideload process. It will take a few seconds and should alert you when successfully installed.
    7)Hit the :Install APK" button again and select the MX Player.apk. We have successfully loaded the necessary files.

At the Mouse Emulator (Vizio tablet for me)

1) Go to the google play store and download WuKong Remote to your device.
    2) Sit the device aside, but not too far.

Back to the tv and firestick menu:
    1)Scroll back down to settings>then to applications>and then to manage all installed applications.
    2)Scroll down to STB Emulator and hit enter>launch application. Allow it load - beverage time.
    3)Grab that tablet that you loaded WuKong on and hit the "search for devices" button and allow the firestick to be discovered. It came back listed as "smart TV" in my search.
    4)There are options at the top of the WuKong app on the tablet to allow toggling between classical module, gestures module, mouse module, and keyboard module. Choose mouse module.
    5)Move the cursor near the top right of the screen near where the time and date is located and tap once and a four icons should appear.
    6)Tap on the first of the four - the icon looks like an equalizer or volume indicators for, like your computer. You'll know it when it pops-up.
    7)Once I've selected that settings button - equalizer/volume look alike - I use the remote that came with the firestick to enter everything else, so sit that tablet down and use your firestick remote.
    8)Scroll down to profiles>test portal>STB Model and hit enter. It should be defaulted to MAG 250, but if not, select it.
    9)Next go to portal settings>portal URL>and hit enter and a keyboard will pop-up.
    10)Enter the http://1.iptvprivateserver.tv/>and then next and then ok.
    11)Hit back button and then go to screen resolution and make certain that it's set to what you prefer. I left it at 1280X720.
    12)Go to MAC-address and hit enter. Again hit enter and a keyboard will appear. Change the last six digits of that MAC address to something that you probably could remember later if needed. I used the last six of my social, so it should look like this - 00:1A:79:XX:XX:XX. Of course, the x's are the six numbers that you choose. Hit ok and get that beverage of choice again.
    13)Exit out by hitting the back button.
    14)While on the main screen and on the TV icon in STB Emulator, hit the button on the firestick remote that looks like three lines. A menu should appear with exit, profile, mediaplayer, subtitles, and audio language as your choices.
    15)Go to mediaplayer>scroll down to external player and hit enter. An information box will pop-up to tell you that you must restart your application in order for the settings to apply. Go ahead and hit "exit" and you can hit the home button (button that looks like a house on the firestick remote) then go to settings>applications>manage all installed applications. Scroll down to STB Emulator and launch it.
    16)Once loaded, you should be on the main screen on the TV icon. Select all and get that beverage of choice.
    17)ENJOY!!!!

update: When you select a station for the first time, a menu will pop-up asking you to choose an app to stream the video. Select MX Player and choose "always".

Posted but maybe edited if the wife discovers issues with instructions.
    Last edited by freeze; 02-21-2015 at 02:15 AM.

Very nice step-by-step!

made it a sticky thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    made it a sticky thanks
    Very easy install(even for me)!
    using firetv stick with NYKO PRO
    no.16 once loaded ,you should be on the main screen on the tv icon. i have black screen with 1.iptvprivateserver.tv/ on the top left. no select all. i tried mouse it gives me stb emulator that looks like a remote(a lot of blue colored icons).i can click tap in far right top and i get a tab with exit,menu,setup,and ect. i have tried to select setup and menu be it goes back to black screen with 1.iptvprivateserver.tv/,any help would be appreciated,thanks.
    Last edited by gamb; 02-24-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast