Purchasing New Router

I am looking for any suggestions as to the purchase of a good, reliable high speed router with at least 4 LAN ports and 2 VoIP ports.

Pinball Wizard
    I have a Linksys E3000, works great, there are many, I like the ratings and got a great deal at Costco!!

Thanks, but I need on that has phone VOip connectivity. I plan on dropping my landline phone service in favor of porting to wireless carrier and thus need a input for FAX machine. Nice router though.

not a member
    You don't need a router for this, there are devices that will do this for you.

Probation
    ASUS rt-ac87u and an OOMA TELOS

me i run my vonage router thats phone one to my mane router

get active
    Well, its a question that relates more to money and future proofing as the high end models like the AC 5300 models are good but stay away from Netgear as the value for money isn't there and they have no repair depots anywhere on the planet. I'd be inclined to go with Asus, either their AC 5300, AC 3200 or the AC 1900 but I don't think I'd go much lower down on the other models. TP-Link has some good AC routers, not too hard on the wallet and like Linksys, some models are better than others. As for a Voip phone service, its very hard to beat the Ooma Telo, I mean crystal clear and less than 5 bucks a month unless you want all the bell and whistle services but still hard to beat even with them. I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 with DD-WRT loaded on it as Netgear Genie is a pile of crap which usually is the case with most remote management. Firmware is problematic best not to update
    as signal issues, radio issues are just the beginning of several issues that you just don't want to deal with. Netgear provides great lip service and apologies but it doesn't do much else

I use the Apple's AirPort Extreme it works awesome
    Two of the greatest qualities
    to have in live are:

PATIENCE
    and
    WISDOM

Probation
    I would get one that support DD-WRT or other bins so you can have OpenVPN etc etc... and safe all the time ..