Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

A few minutes and then black or freeze

Hi guys I have looked around here with no luck about my situation.

I have a Mag 254 on Rocket with two sources of internet and it happens on both, It will work fine for a few minutes and then either go to Black screen or freeze and will stay black until I hit the back button and then streaming is going again.

This had just started a few days ago and I have tried it on every buffer setting but does not matter, I do have another provider that seems to work okay but that one will expire in a few days and sure would like to find out why my rocket subscription isn't working correctly.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I'm getting the same issue last few days with my mag 254... the freezing is getting very bad on channels that I never had any freezing on..
    I think the server is overloaded with all the non paying kodi users... I think they need to make access to the server just for mag and avov users...

its been good for me was watching the fight with np last night

Junoir Member
    Playing movies or the big bang - modern family channels seem to work okay but anything live streaming pretty much sucks. If Rocket really want's to get into this they will need to fix this issue, I have a friend that has the same setup with Fios internet and has the same problem.

Is there any tricks to set the mag254 up better that anyone knows or is this as good as it will get and I should move on to a different service. Looking for any help here!!!!!

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GCOOP View Post
    I'm getting the same issue last few days with my mag 254... the freezing is getting very bad on channels that I never had any freezing on..
    I think the server is overloaded with all the non paying kodi users... I think they need to make access to the server just for mag and avov users...
    Thanks coop, Should I be looking into a box with kodi? I am new to iptv but have been on satellite for since back coding the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo23 View Post
    Hi guys I have looked around here with no luck about my situation.

I have a Mag 254 on Rocket with two sources of internet and it happens on both, It will work fine for a few minutes and then either go to Black screen or freeze and will stay black until I hit the back button and then streaming is going again.

This had just started a few days ago and I have tried it on every buffer setting but does not matter, I do have another provider that seems to work okay but that one will expire in a few days and sure would like to find out why my rocket subscription isn't working correctly.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    I saw this issue occur Saturday night while watching the UFC fight on my friends mag unit, it actually ran quite smoothly, but then randomly froze (twice at different times), went black about a minute later, then shows the channel information, and loads back the channel sometimes or you just have to change channels to get it going again.

I think this may a bug in the r12 firmware, but that is speculation on my part. As for any freezing there has been almost none on that particular unit (Mag 254), I'm told there was some on the PPV movies section, but that has been recently explained.

could had been the feed it self as i heard happened as well on regular subs.
    Lets Go !

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame15 View Post
    I saw this issue occur Saturday night while watching the UFC fight on my friends mag unit, it actually ran quite smoothly, but then randomly froze (twice at different times), went black about a minute later, then shows the channel information, and loads back the channel sometimes or you just have to change channels to get it going again.

I think this may a bug in the r12 firmware, but that is speculation on my part. As for any freezing there has been almost none on that particular unit (Mag 254), I'm told there was some on the PPV movies section, but that has been recently explained.
    Thanks Game, I think I will do some wiping and reloading of the box etc. I get the blackout or freezing on every channel with Rocket just not with the other service so it's just confusing.

Junoir Member
    Well I reset everything did another software update to the r12 and works fine no freezing but after two minutes or less it goes to black screen until you refresh the channel and that's no way to watch TV. This does not happen on the specialty channels like big bang, modern family etc. I can get about a 15 minutes of some movies as well before it will go back to the menu screen in VOD. I even cleared off the IKSClub service that worked fine to make sure there was no interference and still Rocket goes down. I know Rocket is having problems with satellite (as I am a customer of that too) but as I read that IPTV was the way to go as it was not subject to ECM.

I am just very frustrated customer and need help here as I have no clue which way to go with this now. I appreciate any help very much

try and reboot router

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast