Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FUSE & Kodi

no, I certainly didn't say that, thks...do a little investigating and you will learn the reasons & causes for it...one of which is the version of kodi you are using
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

This time after the 15.0 release it became clear that for several devices using an Amlogic chipset there was a change in firmware that caused Kodi to not function properly and only show a zoomed in or only used part of the screen. Devices that came from manufacturers that had properly updated their firmware did not have this problem. However for some this never happened and caused all the problems you might have experienced. One method was to put special build firmware on the device which fixes the problem and Kodi would just work fine again. Sadly this is a quite technical process and could brick your device if not done properly. Luckily a community developer invested a lot of time in tracking down the problem and together with our main Android developer came to a solution for fixing this.

In short, we’ve solved the problems for the users that had the zoomed in or partial screen using Kodi in Android. As such we included these changes into the 15.2 build for every one to test and hopefully get their device working again.

yes, this is what i plucked from the site. and i see it appears my problem has been fixed in 15.2. which is what it says i'm downloading on the box but 15.1 is what we are really getting, the question still remains why would one box work and not another. they both came from the same manufacture.
    I'm not trying to be arrogant with you KK, its just been a long week and day and i've been looking forward to sitting down with this box for months. not to mention the fact i received it on monday and just today had a chance to fool with it. i was expecting a much better performance from this box than what i'm getting. I've factory defaulted it again. i'm done for the evening. thank you for pointing that out to me KK. i'll start fresh tomorrow.

no prob, Dawg...I know this issue has been reported to avov..I think Asft may have found a way around it but not sure...
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Quote Originally Posted by CyberDawg View Post
    Not sure i fully understand, so farmer1's device works fine but mine doesn't. So, i'm SOL?
    I installed Kodi 15.1 and have the same problem with the picture size. It shows only in the top left corner of my screen. I also installed the TVMC version of Kodi 14.1 and it shows full screen.

HD stands for Harley Davidson 4wheelin's Avatar
    when you get small screen try clicking ok button ..

on my android devive (which I'm not using now or i'd know which), on an external keboard either the / or \ (forward slash or backslash) toggles between 1/4 screen and full screen. maybe will do trick for you too.

not a member
    I am not familiar with the fuse, but does it force you to use their app store? This device does not allow you to side load apps?

incorrect, this is a hybrid, the best of both worlds...

in setup go to display and load at 720p will give you full sreen size in kodi and they are working on it could even be kodi itself dont know

Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    in setup go to display and load at 720p will give you full sreen size in kodi and they are working on it could even be kodi itself dont know

This seemed to do the trick. set display settings to 720p as advised and video is playing in full screen. the 2 movies i checked out looked like 16x9. hopefully i can find a movie with a true full screen to test further. so far, much better than last night.

i noticed tonight it said my download was 15.2 on the splash screen but the update checker ID'd the version as 15.1 and suggested an update...???

Also kodi froze tonight during ice films install, i deleted it and tried it again with the same results. had to go into get more to find it instead of going directly to eldorado's repo to install it as usual.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast