Junoir Member

Stalker Client Effected by Which Kodi/ System Files??

Hello All,

I am fairly new to the world of IPTV but have been using Kodi without a PVR client for some time. I recently got myself a donation and am very happy with the service of the video add-on with IVUE but have had a lot of difficulty getting the Stalker Client to work.

I have Kodi (15.2) running on a windows (7) box and after following all the slightly different variations on set up on this site I always got “unable to load channels”. I then came across this thread (:http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?9850-unable-to-load-channels-again:) and the solution that seemed to work for OP was that he had to completely clear cashe both within Kodi and externally in his android box. I tried to do the same on my windows box and deleted the folder: C:\Users\<LOGIN>\AppData\Roami ng\Kodi\userdata\add on_data\pvr.stalker buuuuuuuuuuuut still “unable to load channels”.

So anyway I got my work laptop (windows 7) which has never had kodi installed on it and tried all the steps again to see if it is cashe or existing files on my htpc that is up the Stalker Client and BOOM worked first time! So my question now is how can I replicate this on my htpc and what files do I need to delete so the Stalker Client can load correctly? I have my set up customised up to the gills so really don’t want to start from a fresh install if I can avoid it; I am hoping someone here will know what exactly effects the client so I can try remove it from my other system before going through the steps again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by K00lKatT; 11-02-2015 at 01:43 PM. Reason: link update

not a member
    1. Start Kodi
    2. Go to settings, Live TV and disable Live TV.
    2. Go to Settings, Add-ons, PVR and select the Stalker Client.
    3. Disable PVR Stalker Client.
    4. If you have the Stalker Video Client. Disable it or uninstall it, it is not needed for this.
    5. Close Kodi
    6. If your using an Android device, clear the cache for Kodi.
    7. Delete the following folder.
    Windows users: C:\Users\<LOGIN>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\add on_data\pvr.stalker

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    1. Start Kodi
    2. Go to settings, Live TV and disable Live TV.
    2. Go to Settings, Add-ons, PVR and select the Stalker Client.
    3. Disable PVR Stalker Client.
    4. If you have the Stalker Video Client. Disable it or uninstall it, it is not needed for this.
    5. Close Kodi
    6. If your using an Android device, clear the cache for Kodi.
    7. Delete the following folder.
    Windows users: C:\Users\<LOGIN>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\add on_data\pvr.stalker
    Thanks Alucard, it was actually your step by step instructions on a different thread that got the client to work for my on my work laptop but all those steps dont work for my htpc set up. Stalker video addon unistalled and "C:\Users\<LOGIN>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\ad d on_data\pvr.stalker" deleted but still get unable to load channels, do you kkknow of any other folder/ file that might effect the client?

Fire From Within

There are certain .db files in the Database folder in the userdata folder that are used by PVR.Stalker. Since these are regenerated when they missing, you can 'AS AN EXPERIMENT' delete them and see if you can get the pvr to load. Look for Epg*.db, and TV*.db files, delete them when not running Kodi, then restart Kodi and the TV/PVR function.

Junoir Member
    Hi Dara,

Brilliant thanks for the suggestion im in work at the moment but I will "EXPERIMENT" with this when I am home and report back here. But I have just checked the database folder on my work PC (system that has only had Stalker Client set up) and right off the bat there is "EPG10.db" and "TV29.db" that have been created by kodi so as an early guess I think these files or some verson of them on my HTPC must be messing with the client.

Thanks again

Junoir Member
    I can confirm that it was the files in the database folder that were effecting the Stalker Client thanks for all your help guys.

So anyone on a windows system who cannot get Stalker Client to work with the descriped steps try:
    - Stalker video addon: unistall or disable
    - Go to "C:\Users\<LOGIN>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdat a\ad d on_data\pvr.stalker" and delete the folder
    - Go to "C:\Users\<LOGIN>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\da tabase" and delete any .db files that have EPG, TV or PVR in the title
    - After all that try the steps as mentioned by Dara or Alucard in other threads.

not a member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12irish12 View Post
    I can confirm that it was the files in the database folder that were effecting the Stalker Client thanks for all your help guys.

So anyone on a windows system who cannot get Stalker Client to work with the descriped steps try:
    - Stalker video addon: unistall or disable
    - Go to "C:\Users\<LOGIN>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdat a\ad d on_data\pvr.stalker" and delete the folder
    - Go to "C:\Users\<LOGIN>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\da tabase" and delete any .db files that have EPG, TV or PVR in the title
    - After all that try the steps as mentioned by Dara or Alucard in other threads.
    You can do a clear data under the live tv settings to clear the databases.

Fire From Within

Deleting those files manually forces a rebuild, but whatever works.