PDA

View Full Version : Reviews of Fuse

timezone12
10-31-2015, 04:58 PM
Ok so most of us are sitting here checking our emails for tracking #'s and waiting for a chance to play with the fuse. Some of you have already received your box and have been playing with it already. So how about some feed back on the fuse. Is the fuse worth the money... how fast is it... setup.....and what ever else you'd like to say. This will help the rest of up going thru withdrawals waiting and waiting and waiting....... LOL Thanks

periko_69
11-01-2015, 05:42 AM
Well so far, everything seems to be working very well, Set Up time takes about 7 mins. As for the first time it boots up it goes thru a system check since I see lights going blue, green then red. Automatically updates to the latest firmware. Once all the boot process finishes. Main Menu so far so good, like the fact that it has Kodi, Mickyhop and TV online. 3 in one box. No complaints very happy to have purchased avov product and my first iptv box. Prior I was running a rasberry pi2 with osmc. Hudge upgrade!:cool:

alcan
11-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Hi,

Can you do favorite ? or not saving separate folder ?

periko_69
11-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Yes you can pick your favorite channels and then select your favorites tab. I have some just to make sure it does save the channel. It does not create a folder it's all with in the menu. Hope I answered your question.

kron
11-01-2015, 11:19 PM
favorites work liked mentioned above, although I have noticed that after a short period of time the favorite list disappears! Could be a bug?

kron
11-01-2015, 11:21 PM
Not sure how others are doing with the remote that comes with the box, but it doesn't respond nicely. Testing it a few feet away, pointing directly to it, can take several presses more times than not. I have plugged in a wireless keyboard and mouse and they both respond properly.

K00lKatT
11-01-2015, 11:35 PM
the new remotes require a light touch...just have to get used to it

kron
11-01-2015, 11:40 PM
The separate kodi works well, although you have to manually add whatever you want... genesis, 1channel etc. All works nicely so far. Not sure if it's like this on other boxes, but I came from a laptop/hdmi into tv for kodi and I could right click on the show to get a sub menu with options, but on this kodi the right click is the 'back' button.

Outside of the separate Kodi there are apps where you can install 1channel, icefilms and others.

periko_69
11-02-2015, 12:37 AM
Yea the only thing i experience with Kodi was it freezes when you install a zip like phoenix and genesis repositories. I just had to exit to main screen and re enter into kodi and the repositories were installed.

tbird686
11-03-2015, 06:02 AM
well im just trying out the fuse

its smaller then i thought, looks like when the send out the tuner it attaches to the side making the square box rectangle

there are 4 tabs on the left once it set up and ready to use

it uses tv online and its there version i guess of the stalker program in the mag box and this one runs really smoothly
very simple box, easy to set up the iptv part. i don't see a page by page option when flipping the channels. kinda sucks for going threw 100 channels

then mickyhop is nice i loaded the one channel on it and i like the way it works way better then i did when it was on the xbmc, loads up like net flix

then kodi comes naked we will have to find the add on's............i didnt much like the xbmc layout back in the day and the new kodi is the same you need a key board to navigate around it and i have the key board it connected with no problem.

then the tuner........i dont have one yet

its going to take a little getting use to i love my mag box but for sure this will be better for down times on the iptv, will give more options for other sources
i saw in the mickyhop apps .....netflix and hulu, youtube

so if one bought it and hated the iptv at least you can go legit and buy those services

it has a vpn section i'd like to try to set it up so i could get hulu in the future.

i see it can do games but im not sure what kinda remote i will need.

no tuner yet...thats what i want to test. i'm not sure how it will connect to the iks because i use the goo router and i dont see the same settings i have in my nfusion to add in the new avov fuse

maybe when get the tuner it will do and update.

i tried to do an up date but it didnt need it.

there really is not a lot of setting to play with so i guess it makes the box more dummy proof.

finally got the nfps to work ( had to move my mac off my mag box and put this one on) i have 2 services on the box was wondering if the channels would mesh together but they don't
you have to exit out to change services and it does it faster then the mag box

i don't know if the service got better or the box is helping i'm finding the picture to be way better with this box.

i have made a favorite list for the kids channels it was easy.

i know i'm probably just rambling but i know when they post review and no one says anything..........here i am......lol

i hope this is a good start more can add and we can all learn to tweak this new bad boy out and get the most out of it!!

oh ya be prepared the remote is a pain but i'm starting to get use to it

Marley
11-03-2015, 04:47 PM
so favorites stay dont lose after a reboot thanks for update

Farmer1
11-03-2015, 05:55 PM
If it has TVonline that should have genesis add to it already. Kodi on tvaddons most likely version 14.2

profster
11-03-2015, 06:56 PM
Pick TV addons instead of Kodi and it installs all the goodies you need. This box is simply Awesome.

Marley
11-03-2015, 07:17 PM
that's great to hear and it has so much space how many apps in market place

tbird686
11-04-2015, 02:42 AM
i think 89 apps

anyone else using it i wonder if there is a way to get it to connect to my home network, i could with the mag box

i go to local media
then it asks for usb disk or TF card

whats a TF card?

found it

TransFlash and MicroSD are the same

tbird686
11-04-2015, 02:57 AM
i opened the tv addons and it was nice it loaded a bunch on it for us i was looking around it stalled for a bit then crashed went back to main menu ......will keep playing around

having some issues with the remote honestly not liking the remote feels like its not going to last..........i have had to turn off the power with the remote then back on for it to continue to work

K00lKatT
11-04-2015, 03:11 AM
the new remotes require a very light, brief touch...you'll get used to it

tbird686
11-04-2015, 03:42 AM
i'd like to see others feed back here as well for it over all..........come on new toy lol

Capt.Kangaroo
11-04-2015, 03:54 AM
i'd like to see others feed back here as well for it over all..........come on new toy lol
Soon as mine arrives, I'll post my feedback.
Just Waiting....:)

tbird686
11-04-2015, 04:35 AM
ya i want to max out this bad boy i'm dieing for the tuner i think i might know how to set it up

next i'm guessing a usb controller for the gaming ..........to see how that goes.

i'm wondering like on some of the other android boxes i remember there was a way they could play old classic games, wonder if this one can too

tbird686
11-04-2015, 04:48 AM
just tried to play with the network settings.........dont do that till you have the tuner.......crashed then stuck in the reboot mode

just did the factory reset.....set it all up again....lol

( just not fun if your not breaking it)

Farmer1
11-05-2015, 02:05 AM
At first glance sleek looking unit
Same remote as the TVonline plus. It also works on the tvonline plus
I realy like the menu
Michyhop
Kodi
ATSC DVB S2
TVOnline
all on the left side
setup basicly the same as the other avov boxes

Farmer1
11-05-2015, 02:08 AM
just tried to play with the network settings.........dont do that till you have the tuner.......crashed then stuck in the reboot mode

just did the factory reset.....set it all up again....lol

( just not fun if your not breaking it)

Try a factory data reset
Manual Factory Data Reset.
1) Make sure the box is connected to the TV by HDMI or RCA
2) Make sure the power is plugged out of the box
3) Push and hold the reset button with the pin for 10 seconds
4) Continue to hold it down and plug the power into the box
5) Hold the reset button for at least another 5 seconds and then let go
6) Proceed to wait for a bit while the box resets, it should open up again in console mode
7) Select the factory data reset option
8) The box will perform a factory data reset and reboot
9) It should then boot normally and start working. If it boots into the console mode again, make sure to just select perform normal boot up (I believe it is the first option)

tbird686
11-05-2015, 03:05 AM
ya when i did the factory reset looks like if there is a file update you don't just download it or automatically update

but you would download to usb then flash the box?

Farmer1
11-05-2015, 03:37 AM
sure clad I'm not one to gripe and complain right away
first off Kodi and TVAddons would always get stuck at 32 to 50% complete
tried everything i could think of ,Factory data reset,reboot, Manual reset, power off power on
then i realized my internet was slower then heck tonight so i hooked up my cell as personal hot spot
wow everything seams to be working great for set up now

Farmer1
11-05-2015, 05:34 AM
finding my remote to need a push till you hear a click then let off same as the TVonline remote

Marley
11-05-2015, 09:08 PM
with the ATSC DVB S2 you get anything

tbird686
11-06-2015, 12:01 AM
still no turner they said there still waiting for them.........so they can send them out

profster
11-06-2015, 03:03 PM
If you power down the fuse with the power key, then restart the fuse with the same key, all your favorites that you previously saved are gone! This must be a bug.

Marley
11-06-2015, 04:14 PM
yea profster asked that long time ago thanks

tbird686
11-07-2015, 02:29 AM
it really makes me scratch my head on how they are what looks like the 4th generation of boxes and the remote is so behind

like if i go into the menu to pick a tv show off nfps then i watch it full screen thats great but if i go back into guide to see what else is on and start to look around then want to go back to that channel you cant your stuck in the guide still..i exit then have to go back into the tv system...if you pick a new show there is no back option eithor so remember the channel you were last on.

i know i know no big deal but it is when your paying big bucks and its such a common feature we have be come a custom to.

i hope they can fix it. there are lots of buttons on the remote that don't do anything like when you watch a movie the fast forward or skip buttons do nothing
if you push the circle around the okay it will fast forward.

just my two cents today..........good box but can they fix these little things and turn it into the bad ass box its ment to be?

i hope so

Marley
11-07-2015, 02:35 AM
i hear you on that and yes they are working hard at it

Capt.Kangaroo
11-07-2015, 02:35 AM
it really makes me scratch my head on how they are what looks like the 4th generation of boxes and the remote is so behind

like if i go into the menu to pick a tv show off nfps then i watch it full screen thats great but if i go back into guide to see what else is on and start to look around then want to go back to that channel you cant your stuck in the guide still..i exit then have to go back into the tv system...if you pick a new show there is no back option eithor so remember the channel you were last on.

i know i know no big deal but it is when your paying big bucks and its such a common feature we have be come a custom to.

i hope they can fix it. there are lots of buttons on the remote that don't do anything like when you watch a movie the fast forward or skip buttons do nothing
if you push the circle around the okay it will fast forward.

just my two cents today..........good box but can they fix these little things and turn it into the bad ass box its ment to be?

i hope so
Thats the case with the Online+ also.
Im sure they will address with updates. They're really good with customer feedback.
Shoot them an email.
I did about the + and got a response the next day.
Enjoy your Fuse....

apom
11-11-2015, 04:17 PM
After 24 hours I must say that this box is off the charts!!! WOW! Get it!!

Tvaddons through Kodi is amazing. So much to watch.