PDA

View Full Version : Two complaints with the TV Online +

PayPerView
10-31-2015, 02:09 AM
First complaint is the remote control has no Page Up and Page Down buttons. The TV Online remote has these buttons but not the + remote. When you have to scroll through a list of channels, movies in the VOD section, servers, etc. you have to do it one freaken line at a time. that gets old fast. Yes, you can hold the arrow button down and it will scroll semi quickly, but a Page Up and a Page Down button should have been put on the remote. It is obvious that the + remote will also be the same remote that will ship with the Fuse. AVOV is trying to save money on their devises by having one remote to serve them all. Why else would there be a "sat" button on the + remote except to bring up a list of satellites. same with the TV/Radio button on the remote. These are two buttons that do not belong on the + remote and could have been Page Up and Page Down buttons.

Second complaint is I cannot figure out any way to hook this box up to my CRT TV (yes, the old TV with big fat back). I have the RCA cable adapter and plugged into the hole in the back of the + but the problem is the + has no settings for 640 X 480. All the display settings are for high def. The lowest def in the settings is 740 X 480; still to high for a CRT TV. What's the purpose of having the RCA plug in the back if standard def is not supported.

crazed 9.6
10-31-2015, 02:24 AM
heaven forbid that a company use a generic remote and in the process saving money and shorting the consumer that P+ and P- option :eek:

sorry about the dramatics but I thought your comments called for it :eek:

theone
10-31-2015, 02:46 AM
For the first complaint, you could have checked out the remote first before you bought the box or you could have simply emailed them your question and they really do answer emails. As for your second complaint, its time to move into the 21st Century and buy a new TV. Avov is not going to go backwards in technology. They assume that 10 out of 10 people have an HDTV and not a old style tube so these 2 questions of your are really not Avov's fault but yours.

LuluPu
10-31-2015, 03:08 AM
On your comments about old TV and RCA inputs, I have an old Hitachi 61 inch TV witch after 14 years of great service is still kicking it and it refuses to die. As such my wife will not let by a new HDTV until this one goes dead. I really love to watch movies and sports on it because of the size and definition on it so I ordered a RCA/SVHS to HDMI converter through Amazon for US $34.00 dollars and it works great converting my old signals from component (also works with RCA out) to HDMI. Also I do have a Yamaha Aventage 3030 receiver working on the up conversion of all my sources to HDMI so that the converter can do is magic and pass it to my old tv. It works great, this might be a solution for you. I had it for over eight months now and it works great.

PayPerView
10-31-2015, 03:21 AM
For the first complaint, you could have checked out the remote first before you bought the box or you could have simply emailed them your question and they really do answer emails. As for your second complaint, its time to move into the 21st Century and buy a new TV. Avov is not going to go backwards in technology. They assume that 10 out of 10 people have an HDTV and not a old style tube so these 2 questions of your are really not Avov's fault but yours.

One does not usually check out a remote on a product especially when it's a standard feature on virtually every product out and was included on the TV Online remote. Why would anyone think there'd be any difference in the remote. The only difference between the TV Online and the Online + is the processor and the added memory. Other than that the boxes are the same so why wouldn't the remote.

As for the TV, I do have an HDTV in the living room but in the bedroom I still have a CRT TV that I haven't changed out yet. AVOV did choose to go backwards in technology by putting an RCA jack on the back of the box. They did not assume 10 out of 10 people have HDTV's or they would not have installed this jack on the back of their box.

As for the statement that this is my fault and not AVOV's is untrue. They removed a standard feature and are not supporting a feature they built into their box.

K00lKatT
10-31-2015, 03:32 AM
the channel up down button will give you very fast scrolling, have you tried it??

Marley
10-31-2015, 05:28 AM
no that works oh no