PDA

View Full Version : TL-WN823N wireless adapter

pcw883
02-13-2015, 09:08 PM
Hello all. First post, so be gentle.. ;-) I have just bought a MAG254 and assumed that a TL-WN823N (300Mb mini USB) wireless adapter would work. I know now that I should have read some of the links here, but, I didn't! My problem is configuring the wireless settings on the MAG254. As I understand, I need to configure the MAG254, then plug in the adapter... But I can't get to the wifi config screen - just a dialog telling me "Wifi Adapter not connected". Am I missing something obvious? Any help gratefully received! Thanks...

ABBA
02-13-2015, 09:44 PM
You have to go into Main Menu...SETUP...and once you in there..you have TO GO TO Settings...and then Internet Options...and Wireless....
Hope it helps

pcw883
02-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Hi, Thanks ABBA, but my menus are different... I connected using Wired ethernet today and updated the box. But still no sign of the wireless adapter. I have been through all the available menus - the Network -> Wireless option still pops-up the Notice saying "WiFi adapter not connected". I guess that this USB adapter must just be incompatible with the MAG254? I have tried it on a PC and it connects to the wireless network ok.
I will try one of the adapters from the list.

maxluna
02-15-2015, 04:48 AM
Go to main menu ( your see tv, video, YouTube etc) open settings then network then down to WiFi and open. Next open auto (dhcp) now you set up your Wi-Fi

pcw883
02-15-2015, 10:16 PM
Configured wifi settings for my network, but still no sign of the adapter. There is a light on the usb adapter which doesn't come on, and the "Scan" for networks doesn't show anything. Must just be a compatibility issue with this adapter? Thanks for the suggestions, but think another adapter is the solutions...

K00lKatT
02-15-2015, 10:23 PM
In your network menu on box, did you turn your wifi on??? and Ethernet off??