PDA

View Full Version : Freezing since Sunday. Avov specific?

SebsiBC
10-27-2015, 01:45 PM
I've been getting a lot of freezing since Sunday on my tvonline+. At first I chalked it up to weekend related congestion, but it's still doing it even on off peak times. Didn't see much mention of this happening to others here, but I found a couple of comments on nfps' other site in the avov area stating that the issue is avov specific.

Seriously, this problem started about 3 days ago with Avov i dont know about Mag or other boxes but avov wasn't like this 4 days ago. There was an update I think then hell broke
on the box mad freezing. I now put my Avov aside and and using Kodi on PC not a single freeze. I hope we have an Avov guy in this forum to come up with some answers. This is not an NFPS or provider issue. I repeat, AVOV is mad freezing right now Unwatchable.... could be the fact that Stalker now require serial # and thus checking box's serials and creating authentication lags and making the boxes freeze?

there's definitely an issue with how this box communicates with the server, I also believe this has became an issue with the serials input now required with Stalker. since we had no freezing prior to serial been needed I've tried advance credentials made up 13 digits serial to no avail. I have a friend with Mag who claims he's not experiencing freezing I doubt tho. All I know is Kodi on my Pc is freeze free but same channels, Avov is freezing bad not watchable at all.

Anyone "in the know" happen to know what's going on?

theone
10-27-2015, 02:19 PM
I have the same box and yes there are some channels that are freezing as I had that experience over the weekend but some have cleared up while others still freeze. This is not an Avov issue but the server. They are working to get things right and will take some time as channels will be up and down and freezing at times.

xbmcbg
10-27-2015, 07:56 PM
The problem is said HLS standard and lack of wide Internet channel. In theory it should work correctly with both preset profiles in servers but in practice does not happen. The problem will be exacerbated by the increase in users.

SebsiBC
10-28-2015, 01:24 AM
2 weekends ago it was terrible. Staff chalked it up to hardware issues with their host, resolved it and everything was perfect all week, including this past Saturday. However when I woke up Sunday morning I found that almost every channel I try to watch seems to freeze for 10-30 seconds once every 1-3 minutes... No matter what time of day or night.

I'm pretty confident that it started when they started requiring serial numbers be sent, but of course with the avov box that all happens behind the scenes. Something is causing it to hang, and it's making the end user experience absolutely awful.

Not trying to complain, but its an issue that needs resolving because as it stands it isn't even worth the 7/mo.

Someone should give asft a shout to see if he's also having issues. He's a big avov fan, and is quick to tell users the problem is between the remote and the couch, so if he's having issues too maybe the powers that be who run the backend will listen to him.

theone
10-28-2015, 01:42 AM
2 weekends ago it was terrible. Staff chalked it up to hardware issues with their host, resolved it and everything was perfect all week, including this past Saturday. However when I woke up Sunday morning I found that almost every channel I try to watch seems to freeze for 10-30 seconds once every 1-3 minutes... No matter what time of day or night.

I'm pretty confident that it started when they started requiring serial numbers be sent, but of course with the avov box that all happens behind the scenes. Something is causing it to hang, and it's making the end user experience absolutely awful.

Not trying to complain, but its an issue that needs resolving because as it stands it isn't even worth the 7/mo.

Someone should give asft a shout to see if he's also having issues. He's a big avov fan, and is quick to tell users the problem is between the remote and the couch, so if he's having issues too maybe the powers that be who run the backend will listen to him.

Did you not read my Post no 2? and if you call out a mod, you will be banned permanently.

Capt.Kangaroo
10-28-2015, 01:45 AM
I have the same box and yes there are some channels that are freezing as I had that experience over the weekend but some have cleared up while others still freeze. This is not an Avov issue but the server. They are working to get things right and will take some time as channels will be up and down and freezing at times.
Yep, ditto for me. I have Avov and Mag boxes, doesn't matter its the server.
Weekend was pretty bad but much better today for me.

SebsiBC
10-28-2015, 01:55 AM
Did you not read my Post no 2? and if you call out a mod, you will be banned permanently.

I did read your post, but my thinking was that if this is serverwide then why aren't there dozens of posts complaining about the constant freezing like the last time the server went sideways? Also, there were others stating that there is no freezing on kodi/stalker, and others stating that the mag boxes could be tuned to mitigate the freezing a bit. No offense at all, but you guys run the forums (and do it well) I doubt, however, that you have your hands on the back end.

Wasn't trying to call asft out either. Dude is to the point and likes avov boxes, so if his previously working 5 boxes suddenly went to crap (while other installs seem to still work ok) I'd expect someone in the server room might listen to him.

Really though, I'm just trying to wrap my head around why it's happening when it was working so well up until Sunday. The hardware issue I get. It was bad, and there were a lot of comments here expressing that fact. Simultaneously, there was the stolen donations, cloned macs, and whatever else was going on putting unnecessary strain on the system, so yeah, too many people who they weren't planning on and everyone else suffered. Again, I get it. Then they fixed the server issue, outwitted the leechers, and things were perfect.... Until suddenly it was worse than before. That, I just don't get.

Whatever the case, thanks to the staff here for putting up with us, and thanks to the many people behind the scenes putting it all together for us. Hopefully they sort it out soon.

K00lKatT
10-28-2015, 02:12 AM
think the back end is working on the security system, just guessing, but geezers aren't wrong very often..LOL

masterl
10-28-2015, 02:38 AM
Same here, lots of issues. I am really starting to think if this worth my time and money..... I've been having problems for the past days. At some point nothing is working on my mag.
The sad part is that I was thinking of getting a package covering more months but with these problems, and I have this service for under a month, I can't take the chance of paying for a broken service

Capt.Kangaroo
10-28-2015, 02:51 AM
I know its a PITA but I can assure you that they are trying their best to fix the problems.
They know its bad for business otherwise.
They need it to be the best it can be.
We'll just have to wait it out.
Not Avov specific

SebsiBC
10-28-2015, 03:19 AM
At the end of the day, this is why I bought an avov instead of a mag. If the service has issues, there's always the apps like kodi to keep me entertained.

Thanks again everybody.

floder2
10-28-2015, 04:00 AM
Yep ///not an Avov problem....its the server in Belize giving us the headache .........too bad they picked that country........has some of the worst internet service in the Caribbean

SebsiBC
10-28-2015, 06:05 PM
Everything seems to be working great again as of this morning. Thanks for your efforts!

Oh, and if the avov team happens to read this, we would very much appreciate it if kodi were updated to 15.2 in the micky market. I read that the latest version resolves the issue of videos being displayed in the top corner when the box is set to 1900x1080.