PDA

View Full Version : STB Emulator Setup Question

jrn8265
10-27-2015, 01:04 PM
So, I stopped authenticating last week and made this change which worked until yesterday...

how to fix
1 start STB emulator
2 press Menu button
3 select settings
4 select Profiles
5 select Rocket
6 change Serial number to any 13 digits and select OK to save
7 select Device ID (scroll down or it at the bottom of page)
8 select Reset Device ID to default value and select OK to save
9 press return button on your remote to STB emulator main page
10 press Menu button and exit STB emulator
11 wait 1 minute and re-start STB emulator and wait few minutes.

Late yesterday I received a "must register device message and still have it now...

Do I have to do this now below to fix this latest problem?

"go to route checker change/mac address and change one number when it say successful change it back to the original Mac address "

Do I also have to make any device ID, serial # changes also?

This is driving me nuts!! Just need it to work!

Thanks

Roach46
10-27-2015, 01:13 PM
I did basically the same as you, i did not change my mac address, i really don't understand why most are doing this, sooner or later your going to lose your donation, if it was working, try unplug your box and wait about a min and plug it back in, my stb wouldn't load yesterday, i unplugged the box and plugged it back in, running fine

jrn8265
10-27-2015, 03:16 PM
" i really don't understand why most are doing this, sooner or later your going to lose your donation"

Can I ask what you mean by this? My donation is good for another 11 months. Thanks

dara
10-27-2015, 03:41 PM
With the STB Emulator, you can try a different MAC address, as long as it's using the "00:1A:78" prefix, so I would try that to get back your emulator. Make sure you are actually sending that Device ID, with a check in the box. Start with that fresh MAC, because the values you may or may not have sent may have been stored and the server isn't letting you back in with that MAC.

As far as losing your donation, it's not likely, unless your linked MAC is overused and detected by the server people.

jrn8265
10-27-2015, 03:49 PM
So I purchased a new donation this morning. The old I will use later on for another box. I am now using a 78 mac address on the STB emulator. (I was using a 79 number) I did get in ok now.

I have not changed any serial number or device ID in the STB emulator profile other than the default nor checked the send device ID box yet. Yet it is all working. Should I check that send device ID box or do anything at this point since it is now working? If I don't will I risk losing my service again? Thanks for the help as this is all very confusing to me.

jrn8265
10-27-2015, 03:51 PM
I should add that I am also using ipvanish on the box to protect myself from mac hijacks...is this ok? thank you

dara
10-27-2015, 03:55 PM
So I purchased a new donation this morning. The old I will use later on for another box. I am now using a 78 mac address on the STB emulator. (I was using a 79 number) I did get in ok now.

I have not changed any serial number or device ID in the STB emulator profile other than the default nor checked the send device ID box yet. Yet it is all working. Should I check that send device ID box or do anything at this point since it is now working? If I don't will I risk losing my service again? Thanks for the help as this is all very confusing to me.

I think eventually it will stop working if you don't send the device ID. Hold off on checking that box for now, but if you get that message on logon in the future, make sure you use a different MAC, check that box, completely exit the emulator, and start it again.

It's a possibility that the MAC could get guessed, but that's mathematically unlikely, if its sufficiently random. I don't know if hiding your ip address matters... not that many people share that as a success factor.

jrn8265
10-27-2015, 03:59 PM
So when you say different MAC, I am now using my actual androids MAC ...I can just register any last 6 digits of the 78 mac in the future if this happens? Is that what you mean?

Roach46
10-27-2015, 04:02 PM
my 2 cents, if it aint broke, dont fix it

Roach46
10-27-2015, 04:09 PM
" i really don't understand why most are doing this, sooner or later your going to lose your donation"

Can I ask what you mean by this? My donation is good for another 11 months. Thanks

from my understanding your mac is linked to your donation, the mac is where you`ll be receiving the signal, thats why you can only run one device at a time, they are still fiddling with the iptv, sooner or later, they will get around to, if your mac and donation does not match up from original purchase then it will be wacked, this is just my 2 cents