PDA

View Full Version : IPTV Stalker 9.0.21 & repo question

dreamscape
10-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Has 9.0.21 made it into a repo yet?

I remember dara saying that iVue were going to update there's but my repo for then still says 9.0.19 ........

Or is it anywhere else?

dara
10-26-2015, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I know they know about the version, but it hasn't made it to the repo. They may have 'customer support' reasons to not do so. If you are really desperate, you can maybe find the prostreams repo, where they did have their version of 9.0.20 which did have the ability to "send serial number", but they did that to support their customers who bought from them. My guess is that is now not public, as they have a customized version of IPTV Stalker that is a private release, and they don't want non-customers from using the prostreams guide.

I know that some need the repo because they can't directly side load the addon because they don't have a USB port to do that. What I suggest is that you download the addon to a an accessible location on your LAN then do a "install from zip" from that location. On a windows machine, its pretty easy, just create a shared folder for the network to see, perhaps in your Users folder, then on Kodi, go to file manager, add source, click browse, click Windows network (SMB), and find your folder where you downloaded the addon .zip . You may need a special sideloader if the box maker made it hard for you to do an "install from zip"

The end purpose of repos is to make it easy for people to get an addon, and automatically get updates to it. Upgrading using a .zip isn't that much harder, but more secure, as you won't get undesired clones if you get the zip from a trusted source.

dreamscape
10-26-2015, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I know they know about the version, but it hasn't made it to the repo. They may have 'customer support' reasons to not do so. If you are really desperate, you can maybe find the prostreams repo, where they did have their version of 9.0.20 which did have the ability to "send serial number", but they did that to support their customers who bought from them. My guess is that is now not public, as they have a customized version of IPTV Stalker that is a private release, and they don't want non-customers from using the prostreams guide.

I know that some need the repo because they can't directly side load the addon because they don't have a USB port to do that. What I suggest is that you download the addon to a an accessible location on your LAN then do a "install from zip" from that location. On a windows machine, its pretty easy, just create a shared folder for the network to see, perhaps in your Users folder, then on Kodi, go to file manager, add source, click browse, click Windows network (SMB), and find your folder where you downloaded the addon .zip . You may need a special sideloader if the box maker made it hard for you to do an "install from zip"

The end purpose of repos is to make it easy for people to get an addon, and automatically get updates to it. Upgrading using a .zip isn't that much harder, but more secure, as you won't get undesired clones if you get the zip from a trusted source.

Thanks for the reply dara, I need to get it onto kodi on my iphone (non-jailbreak) and I'm not sure it works with share etc

dara
10-26-2015, 01:20 PM
I don't have a iphone, but if you have a cloud service, that allows you to download a file to a location on your phone, you maybe able to access that file from Kodi.

dara
10-26-2015, 01:52 PM
found this in a google search, it might help you iphone users. It was made back when Kodi was xbmc, but should still be relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvfTdoEfr40

dreamscape
10-26-2015, 04:19 PM
Using a windows SMB share worked a treat, thanks, didn't think of trying that :D