PDA

View Full Version : Setting favourites in Stalker using ninja epg - how?

Autoroam
10-24-2015, 07:15 PM
Got iptv working ok by using stalker pvr….currently I have the TV tab on my Home Screen with the following submenu tabs: Channels/Guide/Recordings/Timer/Search.

I need to assemble my favourite 130 channels in one place for easy access….preferably under a submenu tab that says Favourites. Just so I don't have to scroll through 1,000 channels all the time.

Can someone help or point me in the direct of a tutorial etc?

Many thanks

psycon
10-24-2015, 10:13 PM
you want to create a channel group then add all your favorites to it... look in settings>TV>group manager and channel manager..

or you can simply disable the guide for the channels you dont want to see in the channel manager.

Autoroam
10-25-2015, 06:50 AM
Thanks psyon…really appreciate the input.

I took your first option and managed to create a Favourites group using the group manager under tv settings.

Is there some way to organise or even group channels within Favourites…. (news, sports, movies, music etc)….or even arrange them in the order you want?

Cheers

Alucard
10-25-2015, 12:38 PM
This might help: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?8634-Kodi-PVR-Channel-Template-Loader

Autoroam
10-25-2015, 07:15 PM
Spent 15 minutes creating a favourites folder with 130 channels and saving it....it the shows up in the sidebar under viewing options.

Great.

But if you restart kodi its gone and you have to do it all over again....ugggh....

Alucard
10-25-2015, 08:25 PM
Spent 15 minutes creating a favourites folder with 130 channels and saving it....it the shows up in the sidebar under viewing options.

Great.

But if you restart kodi its gone and you have to do it all over again....ugggh....

Disable the group syncing with back end under live tv settings.

Autoroam
10-27-2015, 06:30 AM
Hi I changed the setting like wot you said….then restart Kodi and set favourites, then click ok….but upon restarting next day, my favourites disappeared again.

Alucard
10-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Hi I changed the setting like wot you said….then restart Kodi and set favourites, then click ok….but upon restarting next day, my favourites disappeared again.

Then try to disable all back end syncing. You might try using the template loader in post 4 to try to create your groups. If it still clears, then it may be that the sync changes are not being updated on the server and the only way to fix that is reset your MAC. I had to do that once.

robflate
11-08-2015, 12:37 AM
This is something I've never managed to get working. Alucard, are you saying that with syncing on, if I make a custom channel group, it syncs to an online server? It's not just local? For me, it doesn't matter if I have syncing on or off, custom channel groups are always deleted when I reboot Kodi. I'd love to get this working without having to disable channels entirely in the channel manager or resorting to using a separate app.

psycon
11-08-2015, 12:43 AM
no rob.. he means to turn off "sync with backend". if you dont kodi will grab the groups set on the server and overwrite your custom config... i havent played around with all that much... I jsut go in the channel manager and disable all the channels i dont want to see... there are a couple tools on this site that make that process easier by letting you edit the database on your PC.