PDA

View Full Version : Running STB Emulator but want to experiment

Autoroam
10-23-2015, 06:48 AM
Running STB E on a Minix X8H Plus…runs ok but I feel the interface is a bit sluggish….commands from remote to screen don't execute in the fluid manner which I expected.

Will things perhaps be better if I try running IPTV within Kodi 15.0….on IPTV Stalker or the PVR Stalker Client?

Which would you recommend and why?

One other thing: would my settings on STB E interfere with setting up IPTV within Kodi.

dara
10-23-2015, 02:14 PM
You will need to set up a different MAC because the settings between the STB Emu and the Kodi addons aren't transferable.

Autoroam
10-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Is it ok to have two mac addresses associated with one donation?

Or will i have to give up my perfectly good current working mac and create a new one just to try out pvr stalker?

And if i did, would i still be able to access iptv on both the emu and pvr client?

In other words can you have 2 MACS connected to one iptv account even though they may be running from the same minix box?

big dady
10-23-2015, 04:00 PM
you would have to go and change it every time you switch from one or the other

Roach46
10-23-2015, 04:12 PM
um, i`m using an M8 with kodi and stalker client, and on the same box, am using the 6.16 STB emulator, only us one at a time but both are set up with the same MAC and same settings, set up the pvr client first in your kodi, I like the STB vs the pvr, but stwcih back and forth when I get bored

Autoroam
10-23-2015, 04:55 PM
Roach…yes, that is the setup I was eyeing….using pvr client from within Kodi to run one stream…..and using stb emulator to run the other.

I set up the STB Emulator first and it just works perfectly so far…however the remote controls that appear on the screen don't work as smoothly as they should.

Your logic makes sense….if the same mac address is talking to the iptv server from the SAME box but from two different apps, then why should the iptv guys care? Both MACS would also be further authenticated by my custom serial number that created. Guess I would need to hear if more people have tried this without any problems…I will be gutted if I have to give up my genuine MAC and create a random one.

Plus why fix it if it aint broke etc…

Maybe I will concentrate on upgrading to the paid version of STB Emulator….there must be some improvements to be had there if it costs 5 bucks.

Roach46
10-23-2015, 05:30 PM
my STB doesnt work very well with the key board, having same issues as you, so i set up my favorite with the key board, and all i use after that is the cheesy remote that came with the M8, I really dont see why you would need to change your mac, when a serial # was required and device ID, a few days ago, had my pvr client working again in a couple mins, following all the suggestions on the STB could not get it to work after 3 days, so yesterday I decided to try again, followed one post and got it to work, didnt change my mac, let us know what the difference in the paid version and free version, I would only run one at a tine

zensat
10-24-2015, 06:41 PM
Running STB E on a Minix X8H Plus…runs ok but I feel the interface is a bit sluggish….commands from remote to screen don't execute in the fluid manner which I expected.

Will things perhaps be better if I try running IPTV within Kodi 15.0….on IPTV Stalker or the PVR Stalker Client?

Which would you recommend and why?

One other thing: would my settings on STB E interfere with setting up IPTV within Kodi.

yes it will load up but make your kodi set up blocked by provider unable to connect to server.....
you have to re-register your mac again to unblock.....then you will have a fresh set up (you will lose your favorites, etcc..)

Autoroam
10-24-2015, 06:49 PM
yes it will load up but make your kodi set up blocked by provider unable to connect to server.....
you have to re-register your mac again to unblock.....then you will have a fresh set up (you will lose your favorites, etcc..)

I did get a new MAC and have shifted my IPTV within Kodi using the Stalker PVR 0.8.4…..now I have to figure out how to get my favourites in one place….I only need about 130 of those 1000 channels…lol.

I think I much prefer having all my entertainment integrated under one banner…which is what Kodi is so good at providing.

So, unless it all goes tits up, so long stb emulator and hello stalker.

zensat
10-25-2015, 12:40 PM
I did get a new MAC and have shifted my IPTV within Kodi using the Stalker PVR 0.8.4…..now I have to figure out how to get my favourites in one place….I only need about 130 of those 1000 channels…lol.

I think I much prefer having all my entertainment integrated under one banner…which is what Kodi is so good at providing.

So, unless it all goes tits up, so long stb emulator and hello stalker.

with new security features you have to redo all the favorites and moving channels again and every time you have to register your MAC wheN the server kik you out..... i dont understand why they do not implement login in main screen portal like othe big company and put the international in main menu list separate from other channels (they did for indian,pakistan why for not for all of them???) would be great a separation like this:
ALL, US, UK, SPORT, MOVIES, ENTERTAINMENT, CULTURE, NEWS, ADULT, INTERNATIONAL

Sleekyboy24
10-28-2015, 01:22 AM
I too have STB EMU, stalker addon and client working on my M8. I usually change from one to another. If lots of freezing on STB EMU, I would close the app and open either the addon or the client... I get less to no freezing... Most of the time... Sometimes the other way around... Weird...