PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying Technical Terms

Autoroam
10-22-2015, 09:23 PM
Wow….got the codes from IKS66 in less than an hour…that is super fast…..!

However, I wish some of the terms were consistent though….I was looking for "donation no" and "serial no" but all I can see on the email is:

Order#: (16 digits)
Username and Password: (13 digits)

So which one is my donation no and which is the serial number?

dara
10-22-2015, 09:46 PM
Wow….got the codes from IKS66 in less than an hour…that is super fast…..!

However, I wish some of the terms were consistent though….I was looking for "donation no" and "serial no" but all I can see on the email is:

Order#: (16 digits)
Username and Password: (13 digits)

So which one is my donation no and which is the serial number?

Your donation number, or 'route' is the username/password. It's needed to link your MAC through the route checker, but don't put that into any field in anything IPTV for configuration... it isn't necessary. You can create a serial number on your own with letters and numbers, and follow the rest of the directions in regard to Device Ids and Signature.... they should be alphanumeric as well.

Autoroam
10-22-2015, 09:52 PM
Thanks mate…I have successfully changed my MAC…now trying to find the tutorial on configuring the STB Emulator.

Cheers.

dara
10-22-2015, 10:03 PM
The important thing with the emulator is to send the Device ID, which works for me using the "MAC" generated version. You don't need to change that password, all you need is the right mac and server url. You may need to exit the emulator as well before it allows you to connect.

Autoroam
10-22-2015, 10:15 PM
The important thing with the emulator is to send the Device ID, which works for me using the "MAC" generated version. You don't need to change that password, all you need is the right mac and server url. You may need to exit the emulator as well before it allows you to connect.

So under the section DEVICE ID, should I check "Use MAC-based device ID" and ""Send Device ID"?

dara
10-22-2015, 10:21 PM
So under the section DEVICE ID, should I check "Use MAC-based device ID" and ""Send Device ID"?

That's what worked for me. I tried a short custom Device ID, and it didn't work. I'm sure the random generated one could work though. I don't know if the serial number means anything, but if the server takes what is in there, with the Device ID it may be just good enough to prevent a MAC hijack.

Autoroam
10-22-2015, 10:32 PM
SUCCESS! Got the yellow bar loading up 961 channels…could not be more pleased….not all of them play though…hmmm.

And the internal player is bit clunky for me….but Im sure it can only get better.

Thank you agin Dara for your help….your forum provided so much knowledge on IPTV.

big dady
10-22-2015, 11:12 PM
http://66.iptv66.tv is the correct one

Autoroam
10-22-2015, 11:18 PM
http://66.iptv66.tv is the correct one

yes..thanks big dady I tried that and it worked!

big dady
10-22-2015, 11:46 PM
Glad to here