PDA

View Full Version : Server iks66

cjiour
10-20-2015, 12:50 AM
Today im happy i think the server is back because my channels they not freezing i can watch baseball today

Marley
10-20-2015, 01:28 AM
i cant wait to hear that all time

tuxen
10-20-2015, 01:45 AM
that the problem working with IT and stuff like this you can be sure to hear a lot when things are down or there are changes but when everything works nobody says anything. :)

tuxen
10-20-2015, 02:57 AM
hey I think you misunderstood, I have been a system admin for many years.. there is absolutely nothing malicious in my statement.
the OP is of cause an exception to that rule, and only people like that only brings warmth and goodness to the community. thanks!
as you say if only we heard more of that.

at least give me a reason. i'm not some kid stirring things up, and there is no provocation or evil in my post.
i only state my experience through 25 years of working as sysadmin. do you see it differently or what?
i feel like I'm in kindergarden when we cant talk to eachother, and just slaps an infraction without an explanation even.

bawler
10-20-2015, 03:18 AM
Tuxen I totally agree. I've been in IT for over 20 years also. Not much praise when things are smooth and peachy...LOL!

tuxen
10-20-2015, 03:21 AM
thanks man.. yeah its an unthankful job at times.

crazed 9.6
10-20-2015, 03:27 AM
I see there might have been a misunderstanding. I do not see why an infraction would have been given.
Pretty sure it was a misunderstanding.
I'll inquire about this and see about getting the infraction removed.

crazed 9.6
10-20-2015, 03:31 AM
I think I do see what happened.
I believe the administrator is doing some site work and may have used you as a test subject. I bet it was all innocent enough.
I'll tell admin next time to use me as test subject :)

thnx tuxen and sorry about this :)

Infraction was removed and not by me. The admin musta done that. Which makes my theory of a test valid.
Sorry again and thnx for your good nature on this tuxen :)

tuxen
10-20-2015, 03:37 AM
thanks crazed.. i'm still scratching my head as to how it could be misunderstood so bad that it could lead to an infraction without a reason.
it makes it hard to know what i done wrong or how to behave when i am not given any feedback at all.

tuxen
10-20-2015, 03:39 AM
I think I do see what happened.
I believe the administrator is doing some site work and may have used you as a test subject. I bet it was all innocent enough.
I'll tell admin next time to use me as test subject :)

thnx tuxen and sorry about this :)

Infraction was removed and not by me. The admin musta done that. Which makes my theory of a test valid.
Sorry again and thnx for your good nature on this tuxen :)

no problems.. actually it makes sense. the user is testforlife.. i thought it sounded odd for a common infraction account. lol

crazed 9.6
10-20-2015, 03:41 AM
thanks crazed.. i'm still scratching my head as to how it could be misunderstood so bad that it could lead to an infraction without a reason.
it makes it hard to know what i done wrong or how to behave when i am not given any feedback at all.

it was a test on the site. I see now that the admin reversed the infraction. It was prolly meant to be done and reversed before you even noticed it.
So it was as what I figured it was. Just a test.
Some of our staff have issues with their staff functions and admin was checking into things.

Next time I will volunteer to test subject :)

tuxen
10-20-2015, 03:56 AM
its a-ok no problem at all i got my explanation. things are good as long as we can talk. :) thanks for the fast response.

Marley
10-20-2015, 04:08 AM
good to hear your ok tuxen sorry for the problem you took it well

johncel
10-20-2015, 06:04 PM
Well to be honest the service was almost flawless yesterday hope you guys can keep it up, it was smooth the best i have ever seen