PDA

View Full Version : Fire TV stick to Fire TV Box

galavant
10-18-2015, 11:18 PM
I have just bought a Fire TV Box and want to transfer my IPTV donation from my Fire TV stick to the Box.
As I am new to IPTV can you advise me the best way to accomplish this. Do I disable my IPTV Stalker on the Stick and then reenter everything with the same settings on the box ????.
Any constructive advice would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to make a big mess trying to do it.
Thanks
Galavant

Alucard
10-19-2015, 01:08 AM
Yes you can enter the same information, you just can't use both at the same time. If you are somewhat savvy, you could clone your Kodi setup on the Fire Stick to your Fire TV. Install ES File Explorer. You can use it to copy your Kodi folder from your Fire Stick to a network drive and then copy from your network drive to your Fire TV. You can use ES File explorer directly or go to the Network/Remote Manager option and enable that. Then you can use a FTP Client like FileZilla to move the files around and that is what I do. The folder you need to copy and put the files in is Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/

Marley
10-19-2015, 04:14 PM
can we use FileZilla to add plugin too and apks

galavant
10-19-2015, 04:16 PM
Thank you Alucard.
I will attempt to just put the same information into the Fire TV box.
I appreciate you're other work around solution, however, I'm not sufficiently savvy to attempt that yet.
Regards

Alucard
10-19-2015, 05:36 PM
can we use FileZilla to add plugin too and apks

Mostly I use it for configurations. I have Kodi setup on my computer and make changes there and then copy them over. But yes you can copy plugins and APKs. You can copy perty much anything you want since you are just dealing with the file system. Normally if I downloaded a plugin that I want to install I do an install from zip and i just go directly to my computer where I have it downloaded using the SMB share. That way I don't have to copy it. There are a lot of trick I could share if you run multiple boxes and want to keep stuff in sync :)

psycon
10-19-2015, 05:47 PM
just use ADBFire to back up kodi on your stick, then restore it to the new device.... so simple to do, its the best tool for fire TVs

Alucard
10-19-2015, 08:15 PM
just use ADBFire to back up kodi on your stick, then restore it to the new device.... so simple to do, its the best tool for fire TVs

You can use the Fire TV Utility App too.

Marley
10-19-2015, 10:18 PM
yea i run ADBFire just wanted to know if i could do it with FileZilla gave my stick to friend and hes very happy with it with FileZilla i should be able to fix things from my house then for him

galavant
10-19-2015, 10:58 PM
Galavant here,
I tried inputting the same imac address and settings from the fire stick to the the fire tv, but kept getting the message,
" non recoverable failure in name authorization ". Should I have disabled IPTV Stalker on the stick before attempting to configure the Box ??.
There really are no coherent instructions anywhere re the configuration of IPTV Stalker, the package is good when it's working but it's generally a very frustrating program.
Regards

Tata123
10-20-2015, 01:04 AM
I am also getting bad or missing serial
I change serial on my donation account today
And still get same message does it take hours
To work after the serial change in account ?
I have fire stick with kodi and iptv stalker can
Any body help please thanks

Marley
10-20-2015, 01:11 AM
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?9441-The-cause-of-all-these-unable-to-load-channels-and-auth-failures-in-my-opinion/page3 read all