PDA

View Full Version : problems with kodi on startup - refreshing channels

webbo
10-15-2015, 07:53 AM
hi, i've recently donated and setup IKS66 with IPTV Stalker and IPTV Simple PVR Client. all was well and 900-odd channels found etc. when i restart kodi (14.2 Helix), the kodi splash screen flickers and it looks as though IPTV Simple is attempting to update the channel list, something i assume is setup by default. when it eventually gets to the kodi home screen, my 900 channels are gone and i need to clear the EPG database and have it regenerate, which works fine. i've had a look at some forums but can't seem to find a fix for this issue. would appreciate anyone taking the time to help me solve it as i feel like i'm pretty close to getting the setup i want. this is a bit of a pain and would prefer it to update successfully on startup.

i thought about upgrading to a different version of kodi - is this likely to resolve the issue?
can i stop this update from occurring somehow in the xml settings on startup? it would be fine to just use the channel list it had last time i used it
any other help that people could offer would be appreciated.

cheers in advance

daddyrat50
10-16-2015, 03:01 AM
hi, i've recently donated and setup IKS66 with IPTV Stalker and IPTV Simple PVR Client. all was well and 900-odd channels found etc. when i restart kodi (14.2 Helix), the kodi splash screen flickers and it looks as though IPTV Simple is attempting to update the channel list, something i assume is setup by default. when it eventually gets to the kodi home screen, my 900 channels are gone and i need to clear the EPG database and have it regenerate, which works fine. i've had a look at some forums but can't seem to find a fix for this issue. would appreciate anyone taking the time to help me solve it as i feel like i'm pretty close to getting the setup i want. this is a bit of a pain and would prefer it to update successfully on startup.

i thought about upgrading to a different version of kodi - is this likely to resolve the issue?
can i stop this update from occurring somehow in the xml settings on startup? it would be fine to just use the channel list it had last time i used it
any other help that people could offer would be appreciated.

cheers in advance I am having the same exact problems as you are and i am running Kodi 15.1 on firesticks. One of my setups is running on rocket and another one is IKS 66 both running simple client and both of them does that, also causes Kodi to crash and go back to start menu to launch Kodi. It is annoying. I go in and rpdate guide clearing the guide and multiple reboots and finally it starts working, but weird thing after guide repopulates on rocket the guide is complete for all channels and on the IKS one only the US stations has program info and UK stations blank. I am about to lose my mind with this too. They are having server problems maybe thats whats causing our problems.

webbo
10-16-2015, 08:05 AM
ok, good to know that it's not just me but sorry you're having the same issue. i have tried it on my android phone kodi install as well (15.2 i think it is) as well - same issue except the flickering doens't occur on startup. any time i restart kodi the channels attempt to download from the client using confluence theme. it appears to download the info for the channels fine but the live tv icon just isn't there. i need to go and clear the EPG database for it to download the details of the channels and for the 'TV' menu to be there. surely this is not the way it's supposed to work.

seems to me like it's a problem with the PVR Simple client - is there a specific version we should be using or is the one that comes with kodi (which is the one i'm using). is there an alternative we could try? i thought this might be a more widespread issue but cannot seem to find any other info on it on these forums.

i'd really like to use the PVR client rather than ivue as it allows channel surfing which i'm keen on.

does anyone know a way you can stop the PVR client from downloading all the channels at startup - i guess that might fix the problem?