PDA

View Full Version : Unable to pay for donation

OverrRyde
10-14-2015, 08:45 PM
Hi guys, i need some help paying for donations.

I am trying to get 3 donations done at iks66.com and putting in the credit card info. I am using a prepaid card that has worked in the past with donations so i know it works.

However, i am getting an "insufficient funds" error, but i know there is enough money there. I have 296$ Canadian which is equivalent to 228$ US Dollars and 3 routes is 210$ US.

Anyone can help with this?

Thanks!

big dady
10-14-2015, 09:03 PM
You need to put more the CC have some fees they charge for international

OverrRyde
10-14-2015, 09:24 PM
You need to put more the CC have some fees they charge for international

The only extra fee that may apply would be a 2.5% exchange rate above the banks normal exchange rate, which in this case is approx 6.50$ - there should still be enough funds to cover the spread.

Does TrustPay charge a fee on top of that? Thats the only thing i can think of right now...

OverrRyde
10-14-2015, 09:56 PM
$210 US = $271.50 CD - + 2.5% ($6.77) intl charge from bank = $278.27 - that leaves $17.73 for fees - i have a hard time believing anyone would charge more than that for any international fees.

paxxx
10-14-2015, 10:31 PM
well Guess what no matter what you think there is NOT enough money to process your order put more money on the card that's it ...

$210 US = $271.50 CD - + 2.5% ($6.77) intl charge from bank = $278.27 - that leaves $17.73 for fees - i have a hard time believing anyone would charge more than that for any international fees.

OverrRyde
10-15-2015, 12:13 PM
well Guess what no matter what you think there is NOT enough money to process your order put more money on the card that's it ...

Wow you're a fountain of help and knowledge!! What would i do without you...

Here i am trying to get help but all i need to do is keep throwing money on the card until it works... Nevermind trying to figure out if there if maybe there is a glitch (despite me doing exchange rate and conversions) or maybe knowing how much the actual charge is, that must be too much to ask for you...

/sarcasm

Anyways, question still stands, does anyone know if trustpay or the other gateway has extra fees and what they are? Has anyone recently purchased from Canada and can confirm?

Thanks!

eureka
10-15-2015, 12:38 PM
Have you checked the T&Cs of your payment card? It should be easy enough to calculate the total amount to be charged.

I know you don't want to hear this, but if the processing of a payment yields an insufficient funds error then that's usually what the problem is.

Either way your card issuer should be able to advise you of all relevant charges if you can't work them out from their T&Cs.

Not all cards would have the same charges, so relying on someone that has a Canadian card of the same type who purchased three donations, who happens to read your post is a bit unrealistic.

monty49
10-15-2015, 12:44 PM
I always use trustpay and add 10% more canadain then the cost and it has always went through and yes trustpay does take some fees off your card as they dont do it for nothing.

OverrRyde
10-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Agreed, thanks for the info. Although this particular card only has a 2.5% extra charge for conversion/exchange rate which is why its throwing me off that the amount on the card would cover the spread.

Shitty part is that these cards can't be reloaded. I might be stuck having to get 2 instead of 3.

catz
10-15-2015, 01:28 PM
Yes there is a pay portal charge and the 10% is a good estimate to add to the card.

theuduk
10-15-2015, 01:47 PM
Try getting two see how much they cost use leftover forc whatever then decide if you want to go to a third donation.
The money not used is still on the card, is a hassle as many online transaction are, hope it turns out well for you.