PDA

View Full Version : Custom EPG/XMLTV file

OverrRyde
10-13-2015, 09:18 PM
Hi everyone,

i was wondering if there is a way to create a custom EPG xml list in order to remove or hide certain channels, but also without losing any future channels to be added? The other thing i want to be able to do is to append SD/HD to channel names as well.

I know that within Kodi i can go into the Channel Manager under Live TV Settings, however, this is pretty tedious work to do it within Kodi. Is there a Windows program or online app that i can use to create my own XML list of channels where i can customize the name of the channel, order, groups, etc? Possibly even create a custom Ninja EPG file/list using Clairvoyant's file as a base?

It would just be a lot easier and faster to update or create a list on my laptop than doing it through Kodi itself.

Thanks!

dara
10-13-2015, 10:26 PM
You can. There is a huge thread on how to do it.

OverrRyde
10-13-2015, 11:42 PM
You can. There is a huge thread on how to do it.

Hi Dara, really?

I can't find the thread you are referring to. Using search function is yielding me any results. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Thanks! ;)

dara
10-14-2015, 02:11 AM
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2940-NFPS-xmltv-EPG-Grabber-development

To be honest, the effort maybe not worth what you want to do. You'll either need to do a webgrab, or pay for mc2xml for your custom channel listings.

OverrRyde
10-14-2015, 02:32 AM
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2940-NFPS-xmltv-EPG-Grabber-development

To be honest, the effort maybe not worth what you want to do. You'll either need to do a webgrab, or pay for mc2xml for your custom channel listings.

Ahh that thread, i did see it but disregarded it since it mentioned it was retired.

So do you suggest just using the in-Kodi channel manager?

dara
10-14-2015, 02:55 AM
Sounds like a good method.

psycon
10-14-2015, 03:36 AM
kodi channel manager is the best way to go..
if you want to make your own grabber, here is the old source **********/NFPS-EPG-Grabber.zip

OverrRyde
10-15-2015, 08:04 PM
Do either of you know if Kodi saves a file locally of the EPG and groups? It would just be a lot easier doing it through my laptop than through Kodi!

psycon
10-21-2015, 12:20 AM
in all honesty. no need for you guys to try to recreate the wheel... just use kodis built in channel manager to disable or hide the channels you don't want to see.