PDA

View Full Version : Add Addons to Get the Most out of KODI

BIO
02-09-2015, 11:30 PM
I put this here because it works on so many devices that other sections wouldn't hold up to the potential IMHO.

Many are asking and trying KODI (formerly XBMC) but some are wondering why it's so popular. I can sum that up easily in one word- setup. If you don't add repos and set it up there is little there. But, after you add a repo or several repos you end up with a true tv experience that will please even the most demanding of viewers.

We'll start with installing. You can install to many devices including your pc, phone, tablet, and android tv devices. Setup varies so read up on your install- most are as easy as installing a file or adding an app.

Once it's installed you have a blank slate to work from. Almost everything can be changed or customized after this point. This is where the fun starts.

I like to start with adding repos and adding video addons. I do this because the whole point is to watch tv and this gets me there faster. Looks and tweaks can be performed after watching a movie or show- no hurries after.

I think that super repo is a good start first because it's easy to type in and gives a good selection of apps. It hasn't kept up to the name change but works. You can always add what you wish or even add multiple repos after.

1 Start XBMC/Kodi up

2 Scroll right to "System"

3 Scroll down to "File Manager" and then select

4 Scroll down and click "Add Source"

5 Click for media locations and type in exactly
http://srp.nu for path and select "Done"

6 Click for media source and name it summin and "done". (SuperRepo works but can be anything) and select done Click OK

7 You should see SuperRepo or what you named it in the list now.

8 Exit back out to "System" and select "Settings" this time

9 Scroll down to "Add-Ons" and select

10 Select "Install from zip file"

11 Choose SuperRepo (or what you named it)

12 Select your XBMC Version, Gotham will work since KODI isn't listed yet

13 Select "All"

14 Select a zip file to install (no wrong answer, pick one)

15 Select "Get Add-Ons" from the "Add-Ons" menu this time

16 Select SuperRepo

17 Select "Video Add-Ons"

18 Select what you think you want. No wrong answer here- you can uninstall later. Install sometimes takes a minute and installs dependent programs, so be patient.

19 Exit all the way back out to main menu and scroll over to "videos" and select "Add-Ons"

20 Enjoy watching what you want, when you want.

After playing with your app(s) you'll notice "Get More" at the bottom there. You can add more apps from there or go back to System again if wanted. You can also Un-install apps by selecting the menu button and un-install from there.

All repos will load the same way, and there are some nice ones out there. Load as many or few as you wish.
http://xfinity.xunitytalk.com is another good one to add but a little harder to type in. Feel free to mention your favorite repo and why here if you wish.

alphablondy
02-10-2015, 12:32 AM
Latest Kodi download finally ironed out the bugs.
fusion is a godsend.

BIO
02-10-2015, 01:10 AM
Latest Kodi download finally ironed out the bugs.
fusion is a godsend.

Would fusion repo be?
http://fusion.tvaddons.ag

Asking because I can't play with mine right now but the last time I tried installing fusions repo it didn't work.

Total has a lot of stuff too, but the install is special and it seemed counter-intuitive to me. Special install instructions can be found in a web search
http://i.totalxbmc.tv

alphablondy
02-10-2015, 01:44 AM
tested them all .I find fusion is all ya need. It has most of the most popular addons with Navi-X & Phoenix . Navi-X is a favorite. loads quick.fusion added more of the most popular ad ons. Veetle is awesome just by itself for live tv.

Marley
02-10-2015, 03:23 AM
yea add-on installer

DarkSide
02-10-2015, 05:32 AM
http://fusion.xbmchub.com

gregm
02-11-2015, 01:14 AM
that may still work,but,it's recommended to use fusion.tvaddons.ag instead of xbmchub

xbmchub changed to tvaddons a couple of months ago and that is what i use when i setup boxes for friends and myself

DarkSide
02-11-2015, 01:37 AM
i have used both, and at this time they both still work

gregm
02-11-2015, 02:22 AM
i have used both, and at this time they both still work

thanks
as i have not tried xbmchub for a while i wasn't sure that it was still working

BIO
02-11-2015, 05:48 AM
Thanks guys, feedback is great.
I tried fusion.tvaddons.ag last time I setup but it didn't work.
Maybe I mis-spelled it when I clicked it in that time

Marley
02-11-2015, 06:57 AM
ah go to totalxbmc

alphablondy
02-12-2015, 11:18 PM
anyone get NHL live games working in Phoenix add on. the archived games work. the live game requires modification . shows ya how to do it in Woody's. tried it quite a few times exactly as it says in the tutorial video to no avail.

floder2
02-12-2015, 11:51 PM
I looked at woody but could not find anything for MLB.............

jjjackson
01-11-2016, 03:32 PM
The Navi plugin is now on a platform other than Kodi. I can't say, but if you do some research you can probably find it.