PDA

View Full Version : IPTV Talk's Sign-Up Page is hands down the worst I have ever seen.

goonie
10-10-2015, 03:10 PM
It has to be said that your sign-up page is the most stupid and confusing I have ever seen.

I hate to be so frank but it drove me up the wall. IPTV is frustrating enough without having to decipher your cryptic sign-up questions.

What on earth were you thinking adding that random question nonsense? What is all that...[Put] Hell Yea Yippee Doo rubbish? Talk about confusing...
Are we supposed to copy it? Write the question? Write the answer? Write both? Write our own questions and/or answers?

More importantly, what is the purpose of it in the first place? I still don't understand it even after failing to sign up on my primary email address then somehow successfully signing up with a different one.

After being confused with the random question jibberish. We go on to the next question about promising to love and cherish IPTV Talk until death do we part...To which we must answer 'yes I do'. Is this why does my location shows "Yes I do" instead of Canada? lol.

Need I say more?

This forum is great but please fix this. For the sake of every other logical person who tries to join IPTV talk. It is irritating. It looks awfully childish and it does reflect very badly on the site.

catz
10-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Just want to know you walk and talk and not a program to fish.

goonie
10-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Yes I walk and I talk.

Funnily enough I had a house full of friends over while I tried in vain to sign-up to IPTV Talk. All of us were in agreement that the sign-up forms are both confusing and absurd.

I am a human. Not a troll. I had a very expensive education. I am not resentful, and ironically I hate complaining. Regardless, none of this changes the fact that your sign up page is really bloody confusing. :)

lol

catz
10-10-2015, 04:25 PM
9th grade education here ans for me it was a snap.

K00lKatT
10-10-2015, 04:27 PM
had no probs here with it either...been here awhile too, thks....:cool:

goonie
10-10-2015, 04:38 PM
http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr9/mathew_smith2/screen_zps8jtajfxy.jpg (http://s464.photobucket.com/user/mathew_smith2/media/screen_zps8jtajfxy.jpg.html)

Okay now. If we are not going to heed advice, why don't we start by explaining what the purpose of these questions are. (Referring to the random question in particular) And then explain what users are supposed to input into the required field.

Or should I forget what I learned at university and think back to how I thought at grade 9? lol. Or did I miss your point rockycat?

eureka
10-10-2015, 04:39 PM
The moral of the story is not to attempt to register whilst entertaining dozens of houseguests & instead engage in conversation & catering for their needs.

Call me crazy, but I must say that if I was a guest at someone's house & the only form of entertainment the host could think of was to watch them registering for an online forum I'd hotfoot it out of there before things got really wild.

To each their own!

goonie
10-10-2015, 04:53 PM
The moral of the story is not to attempt to register whilst entertaining dozens of houseguests & instead engage in conversation & catering for their needs.

Call me crazy, but I must say that if I was a guest at someone's house & the only form of entertainment the host could think of was to watch them registering for an online forum I'd hotfoot it out of there before things got really wild.

To each their own!

To veer off onto such I tangent I assume this means you have no logical answer as to why there are such absurd and confusing questions on the sign-up page?

ANd not that it is any of your business but I wanted to watch the rugby on pvr stalker and rocket without buffering every 5 secs. [note: still can't get it working]

Anyone else feel like a stab because you can't explain what the random question is for, or what the user is supposed to input?

Look at the picture people. Do we really all think that it is a well planned and easily understandable form? You don't see any room for improvement?

If you think it makes perfect sense and has a valid purpose I would love to be enlightened. Is it a primitive captcha?

I am also glad to see that the moderators take constructive criticism very well...or not lol.

K00lKatT
10-10-2015, 04:57 PM
have you seen our "short bus"??...she's a beaut, I'll try to find time to take ya for a spin....:cool:

K00lKatT
10-10-2015, 05:00 PM
We first and foremost look to our members safety, if this is too inconvenient for you, I would tell you, too bad...live with it or move on, thks...

goonie
10-10-2015, 05:08 PM
Glad we have that settled then.

The sign-up page is fantastic everyone. It was not in the least bit confusing.

The site is warm and welcoming. And I suggest to everyone that they post some suggestions in the "Help us Improve" page.

catz
10-10-2015, 05:11 PM
As I said to see if you walk and talk. We now know you talk (a lot) now will you walk out of here?

K00lKatT
10-10-2015, 05:13 PM
warmth, welcome & respect is earned, my friend, not lightly given away, just for your FYI, thks...:)

theuduk
10-10-2015, 05:13 PM
So far 64,500 have managed to become members here in less than one year it cannot be all that hard for humans to pass.

goonie
10-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Not until I get rocket working without buffering every 5 seconds. :)

Believe it or not I am a very nice guy with best intentions. Just trying to make it less confusing for the next guy. I am sure I am not the only one who was confused.

Forgive me for being frank. Northern Englishmen are not known for our subtlety.

high247
10-11-2015, 03:49 PM
@ op... Complain more that always seems to work... Sigh... If you had a hard time signing up, I don't think iptv is gonna be your thing. Sorry.

K00lKatT
10-11-2015, 04:00 PM
already dealt with..thread closed

tinieBlax
10-13-2015, 04:31 PM
most people can find the answers quickly, its for robots.. we got to make it harder for them to get in.