PDA

View Full Version : Ideal settings for buffering on an M8 (802 chip)?

goonie
10-10-2015, 02:33 PM
I have been setup for a day on Rocket.

Located in BC, Canada I have 147 mbps download speed, yet I get buffering all the time.

I understand how to apply the advancedsettings.xml files. I am wondering which I should use for an M8.

I tried both the 1 and 2gb files. Both improved buffering from about every 5 secs (for a second) to approximately every 30 seconds (but for much longer 2-5+ seconds each time.)

Dare I say it, I am truly not impressed with Rocket so far.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?

Alucard
10-10-2015, 03:49 PM
if you are using Kodi with PVR Stalker try this: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?8228-Some-Kodi-settings-to-help-with-Live-TV-Buffering

goonie
10-10-2015, 04:19 PM
I have done it already.

Before I apply the advancedsettings.xml file it buffers every 5 secs for about 1/2 sec on pvr stalker and rocket.

After I apply it, it streams for 20 seconds or more then buffers for about 5 seconds and repeats.

Bear in mind every other service streams faultlessly on xbmc.

Ideas anyone?

Alucard
10-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Then there is another issue. Are you wireless or wired? Do you have QOS running? Do you have Torrent running? Internet Speed and so on?

unclesam
10-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Hi goonie, I live in BC too . I have a 805 chip . about the same. one of the best chip android tv box this year. I have posted and I can tell you why.

There are too many subscribers compare to the server capacity the provider has. that is why. For example. If the provider has 1000M bandwith, and to get smooth streaming let's say you need 1M bandwidth, so the provider can serve 1000 customer at the same time. what if there are 3000 customers? then ---- buffering. no solution but upgrade the server or the band width - Money!!! To prove this , If you try play the same buffering channel in the morning when there are less viewers, it is smooth. untill later afternoon, buffering again.......

shame on the provider not provide enough bandwidth.

sam

tuxen
10-10-2015, 11:42 PM
its not viewers its people using the net for what they might use it for.. there are not to many subscribers on the server then everybody would have problems (I personally have none at no time of the day) there are to many subscribers for the bandwidth your provider or another has bought at the internet exchange along the way to belize. that coupled with nfps/rocket/iks66 servers are not connected to a exchange point in belize but Amsterdam, makes problems for some, especially at internet primetime.

unclesam
10-11-2015, 12:09 AM
its not viewers its people using the net for what they might use it for.. there are not to many subscribers on the server then everybody would have problems (I personally have none at no time of the day) there are to many subscribers for the bandwidth your provider or another has bought at the internet exchange along the way to belize. that coupled with nfps/rocket/iks66 servers are not connected to a exchange point in belize but Amsterdam, makes problems for some, especially at internet primetime.

I think I understand what you mean sir. But what is your suggestion to change this ?