PDA

View Full Version : UFC blocking $6 million payday from Anderson Silva until NSAC makes final ruling

Kimbo
02-09-2015, 02:26 PM
The fallout from former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight kingpin Anderson Silva's positive pre-fight UFC 183 test for steroids has reportedly gotten a lot worse for "The Spider," as Brazilian outlet Veja.xxx.com is reporting that UFC is withholding nearly $6 million in pay from the former champion.

Silva made a reported $800,000 ($600,000 to show, $200,000 to win) in salary for his unanimous decision victory over Nick Diaz in the main event of UFC 183 -- which will now more than likely be overturned to a "no contest" once the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) votes on the subject.

The remaining sum is reportedly Silva's earnings from pay-per-view (PPV) points, and considering how well UFC 183 did business-wise, "The Spider" was expecting a hefty chunk of change.

UFC brass will apparently withhold the funds from "The Spider" until the NSAC makes its final ruling, and with a disciplinary hearing not planned until March or April, it may be quite some time before Silva sees that money.

Even worse, with the NSAC likely to overturn the victory for Silva, the Brazilian may forfeit his win bonus -- and could potentially face a hefty fine as well.

Silva himself has denied ever taking steroids (see test results here), and UFC has indicated they will back the former champion as due process plays out.

jetta
02-09-2015, 03:28 PM
ouch! mr silva that's gonna hurt....

Kimbo
02-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Sad, but I do think that he knew he was using performance enhancing drugs maybe even for years.

jetta
02-09-2015, 08:29 PM
you are right it is sad and I was wondering if it was the remnants of steroids they used to fix the broken leg that they found ......I guess I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now...