PDA

View Full Version : Is EPG Ninja down or not working not getting the full EPG

Smd621
10-08-2015, 12:48 PM
It has been working fine till 2 or 3 days ago any idea's whats up Ninija pretty good about keeping it up and running but it is not working now

sjordash
10-08-2015, 11:59 PM
Down for me

katrachoboy1
10-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Not working here either it was yesterday tho idk what happened

MitchL
10-18-2015, 02:27 PM
It worked for me this morning. It stalled in the middle of the download for about 5 minutes, but it finally completed and the guide is populated.

Blackbear199
10-18-2015, 03:27 PM
there was a error causing it not to load.its been fixed and its running a update now.wait abt 15 min and it should be ok.

MitchL
10-18-2015, 06:45 PM
I hate to bring it up, but it doesn't appear to be working now. The updating guide splash comes up, but it runs through channels in about 5 seconds. The only thing in the guide is truncated channel names.

Backup
10-18-2015, 06:53 PM
It seem to come and go ..Just like ECM...Maybe?..Lots of Buffering:)
Stalker not working at all..

Blackbear199
10-18-2015, 07:43 PM
psycon had left me this message over the weekend,earlier I was able to grab the guide and I downloaded it a few times as I was adding new ppv and doin other fixes.it appears to be still in effect as I couldnt download the guide lately,and I didn't keep count of exactly how many times I re-downloaded it.
can someone confirm the epg is working?

set up something to block users from connecting to often.. a client is allowed 6 connects in 2 hours, if they go over they get blocked for 6

thinking about that it seems like a good idea but if people are using a vpn and are on the same server it would block that ip steady I would think.psycon doesn't appear to be around today but I sure he will answer when he's back.

Backup
10-18-2015, 07:58 PM
epg is working ..but i had to restart Kodi several times and when i try to start again ,i have to wait some minutes and restart kodi again...but it is working..

psycon
10-18-2015, 11:37 PM
nothing is wrong with the server.. as said above i have had to add some limits to how often you can connect. for everyone with the guide already there shouldnt be any issues. you will only be allowed to download the guide a few times a day, so your kodi will autoupdate itself just fine., the rest of the time the site will appear down to you.

closing and restarting kodi several times is'nt going to help.. it may just ban you again. for another 6 hours... dont do that.

Now, This will be trouble for vpn users. so, turn your vpn off to update the guide, then you can turn it back on, the grab is 3 days long so you wont have to do it that often..

All this being said..b This is only a temporary countermeasure.. between the users using the server and the idiots trying to DOS it, the server load was too high and it had to be dealt with.
Soon I will be switching over to an authentication system that uses your MAC and donation ID, it still it will only allow you to connect a few times a day and you will be blocked just the same the rest of the time, but it will allow users with the same IP to be identified and blocked independently, so users wth multiple boxes, or behind a VPN will have no issues.

ilan
10-21-2015, 12:09 PM
How are things today? The Guide loaded early yesterday fine. It did not load later in the day. It did not load today. It zips through the Guide loading splash screen in a few seconds and nothing populates the Guide and only "No information..." populates the channel list.

eureka
10-21-2015, 12:27 PM
How are things today? The Guide loaded early yesterday fine. It did not load later in the day. It did not load today. It zips through the Guide loading splash screen in a few seconds and nothing populates the Guide and only "No information..." populates the channel list.
It seems to be working fine for me - the vast majority of the 292 channels that I have showing are displaying information.

ilan
10-21-2015, 12:42 PM
Damn, I'll try purging the channels and guide and reloading.

ilan
10-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Nope... Loading channels went fine and fast (959 successfully loaded). "Loading Guide from Client" then popped up as normal, but it zipped through the loading process in about 5 seconds and nothing populates the guide and "No Infomation Available" is carried on all channels.

adskiremote
10-21-2015, 01:01 PM
Down for me too at the moment. Tried a computer on a different IP to see if I could connect - nope.

eureka
10-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Nope... Loading channels went fine and fast (959 successfully loaded). "Loading Guide from Client" then popped up as normal, but it zipped through the loading process in about 5 seconds and nothing populates the guide and "No Infomation Available" is carried on all channels.
What PVR Client are you using? I'm PVR Stalker Client 0.84 on android box.

ilan
10-21-2015, 01:26 PM
PVR Simple Client. It has worked well with that set-up, including through yesterday morning.

psycon
10-22-2015, 07:51 AM
sorry all. i have been doing some work on the server. This may happen again over the next week.

everything is back up now, clear your databases and restart kodi if your guide is not back. if it doesnt come back right away, and you cant even get to the ********** website, your just blocked until the next refresh (6 hours) for connecting too often, it should fix itself whn you are unblocked.