PDA

View Full Version : Genesis downloaded movies issue

Wisensager
10-08-2015, 03:09 AM
Hey, so, I figured out how to download movies and TV shows to my hdd. It's been filling up my C: drive, which has been slowing down my PC.

I'd like to move the movies I downloaded through Genesis to a drive I have set aside for that purpose but can't find the folder where the movie files are being stored. I checked the Download directory and it shows <special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.genesis/Movies>. I attempt to change the directory there and that's not happening.

I went through and merged Kodi with my Genesis to attempt to access the libraries there. Now, Kodi shows one of my movies and one of my TV Shows in its listing...nothing else is showing.

Anyone else have this issue/frustration? How do we go about getting my movies over to my D: drive where Kodi/Genesis can access them and, in so doing, freeing up valuable C: drive resources?

high247
10-08-2015, 01:16 PM
Goto c:/users then select your profile you use. Then select local then kodi.... Userdata... Then addondata and the folder you are looking for will be in there.

Johndoe
10-08-2015, 01:25 PM
For the future go into Genesis Settings and redirect the download folder to your movie folder

Wisensager
10-08-2015, 01:51 PM
[High247] Thanks...I found the movies and manually moved them to another drive. I imagine I want Kodi to import them into my library now?

Wisensager
10-08-2015, 01:53 PM
For the future go into Genesis Settings and redirect the download folder to your movie folder

I've been trying to do that but when I click on the download window where the special:// address is all it does is take me back up to the root directory.

high247
10-08-2015, 03:15 PM
[High247] Thanks...I found the movies and manually moved them to another drive. I imagine I want Kodi to import them into my library now?

Not a problem 😃