PDA

View Full Version : Anyone successfully use Hauppauge or similar device with this box?

iptvnutz
10-07-2015, 03:12 AM
Yes or no will suffice. Don't want to break any rules on the site.

Alucard
10-07-2015, 12:23 PM
If your just trying to use it for OTA channels, then you could use DVB Link Server and then run the DVBLink PVR Client in Kodi. Another way that I have done for my cable card is setup Windows Media Center on a PC and get your card working in it. Then install ServerVMC on the Media Center Machine and the Server VMC Client PVR in Kodi. This will give you all your channels and guide data in your device.

dara
10-07-2015, 03:41 PM
If your just trying to use it for OTA channels, then you could use DVB Link Server and then run the DVBLink PVR Client in Kodi. Another way that I have done for my cable card is setup Windows Media Center on a PC and get your card working in it. Then install ServerVMC on the Media Center Machine and the Server VMC Client PVR in Kodi. This will give you all your channels and guide data in your device.

TVOnline doesn't have a capability for OTA. As far as the question goes, the outputs are HDMI and AV, through a miniplug connection. I can't answer the yes/no question directly, but Hauppauge Colossus can record off the HDMI, and the PVRs can record from the AV.

Alucard
10-07-2015, 07:28 PM
TVOnline doesn't have a capability for OTA. As far as the question goes, the outputs are HDMI and AV, through a miniplug connection. I can't answer the yes/no question directly, but Hauppauge Colossus can record off the HDMI, and the PVRs can record from the AV.

Am I mistaken that this box can run Kodi, i thought it could. If it can then yes you can use TV tuners to get regular TV to on the Box.

Johndoe
10-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Am I mistaken that this box can run Kodi, i thought it could. If it can then yes you can use TV tuners to get regular TV to on the Box.

No its a tuner you will need to link it to Microsoft Media Center then to Kodi on the same PC or Kodi on a STB that will network from your PC

Alucard
10-07-2015, 11:11 PM
No its a tuner you will need to link it to Microsoft Media Center then to Kodi on the same PC or Kodi on a STB that will network from your PC

Yes I know how to set this up. I have done it before. Dara was saying it can not be done with aVov and I thought it could load Kodi now but I may have gotten the boxes confused so I was confirming with him.

dara
10-08-2015, 02:07 AM
The TVOnline can run Kodi, but why would you record off of it, when you can do that directly off the server/card that is feeding Kodi?

iptvnutz
10-08-2015, 02:10 AM
Thanks for all the responses.

Will pvr stalker be a better option than what I'm considering above?

manfredz
10-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Hauppauge works fine with my MAG 254

Johndoe
10-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Yes I know how to set this up. I have done it before. Dara was saying it can not be done with aVov and I thought it could load Kodi now but I may have gotten the boxes confused so I was confirming with him.

Never understood how people got suckered into those very limited boxes...With Kodi working on all others