PDA

View Full Version : this box dont work like the others

djgates06
10-04-2015, 05:43 AM
im fed up with this box no more support and apps like icefilms and project dont work and 1channel has lots broken links.
im not sure if i want stay with avov i was thinking on getting the online plus or the fuse?what i like to know is can you update kodi apps by your self or is it only done by updates with avov
i dont want buy another box if i cant update the addons my self.? how is the mygica boxes can you install kodi your self on the box and update addons yourself? can anyone help me out i just dont know what box does kodi well and iptv for nfps,also heard good things about the minix pro h8 boxes..

Alucard
10-04-2015, 12:53 PM
Unless you have some kind of custom Kodi install, you should be able to install any Kodi addon you want. Plugins have nothing to do with the box it's self and are maintained by the plugin developer. The best plugins I found for TV and movies are Genesis and Phoenix.

Johndoe
10-04-2015, 01:55 PM
im fed up with this box no more support and apps like icefilms and project dont work and 1channel has lots broken links.
im not sure if i want stay with avov i was thinking on getting the online plus or the fuse?what i like to know is can you update kodi apps by your self or is it only done by updates with avov
i dont want buy another box if i cant update the addons my self.? how is the mygica boxes can you install kodi your self on the box and update addons yourself? can anyone help me out i just dont know what box does kodi well and iptv for nfps,also heard good things about the minix pro h8 boxes..

Other then speed your box is just like all the others its a Android that uses apps and the one grand daddy app is KODI which uses addons yes you need to update addons
The best addon is Genesis do some reading on the correct forum The actual Kodi forum will not allow talk of these addons ! Go and join =http://www.tvaddons.ag/ read up first before asking questions

crazed 9.6
10-04-2015, 02:07 PM
avov1 does not have Kodi in it's Channel Store. It has it's own apps thou just not Kodi.
That info was for our members who responded here, I don't think you guys knew that.

The Online boxes and the vixo2 and the Fuse all support Kodi.

The Avov brand receivers were never meant to have Kodi in the beginning. Is why the vixo1 can not do Kodi.
Avov has it's own Channel Store where one could install apps from and that was meant for user friendly ease of use.
The cry for Kodi was heard by the avov team thou and so hence the newer models are capable of Kodi.

So the vixo1 does not suck, it does what it was meant to do.
The Apps do get updates when there are updates available. That part is automatic and has little to do with avov.

Johndoe
10-04-2015, 02:11 PM
avov1 does not have Kodi in it's Channel Store. It has it's own apps thou just not Kodi.
That info was for our members who responded here, I don't think you guys knew that.

The Online boxes and the vixo2 and the Fuse all support Kodi.

The Avov brand receivers were never meant to have Kodi in the beginning. Is why the vixo1 can not do Kodi.
Avov has it's own Channel Store where one could install apps from and that was meant for user friendly ease of use.
The cry for Kodi was heard by the avov team thou and so hence the newer models are capable of Kodi.

So the vixo1 does not suck, it does what it was meant to do.
The Apps do get updates when there are updates available. That part is automatic and has little to do with avov.

WOW Im glad you cleared that up ! I would steer clear of any box that doesn't support the Android/ google play store and apk files

crazed 9.6
10-04-2015, 02:41 PM
the avov1 was made to enhance the user experience and not have to go thru the hassle of finding and loading apps. They are in the avov's Channel Store and therefore easy peasy to load and use.
Steering clear of the avov vix1 for the wrong reasons.
Vixo1 was made as it is on purpose and it works fine for it's purpose.

Marley
10-04-2015, 03:34 PM
ok i have not used my avov 1 box in months going to try it and see what i get not going to say anything till then but im sure i will get what i need but lets see first

Marley
10-04-2015, 05:42 PM
yea i hear you box still runs tvonline and apps not all for me thats why i got a avov 2 box has quad and runs kodi in 1080p and 3d which i use every week still not a lot of 3d movies so i must say box still will do what they said just not all the bells a whistles that you need and want now read up get fuse tv online or avov2 will be a lot happier

djgates06
10-04-2015, 06:51 PM
i think i might go with the my gica1800e .and i was asking if theres any box that u can update the addons yourself if links dont work like sports devil??

djgates06
10-04-2015, 06:53 PM
i think avov doesnt support ther box well since i just got the vixo1 4 months ago now its discounted. i just want a reliable kodi box thats also has iptv if i want to use it.

crazed 9.6
10-04-2015, 07:00 PM
yea, the other vixo2 and with Kodi you can do the updates yourself.
I don't know how other boxes do with Kodi I haven't personal experience any other android boxes.
You are in the avov forum with a thread titled --> This box now sucks.
Maybe a different approach would have been better :)

just sayin' pal :)

Marley
10-04-2015, 07:09 PM
may i ask why did you get a avov1 box 4 months ago they were out of stock or did you buy from ebay if you would have ask here would have told you to get a tvonline or avov2 at that time

Marley
10-04-2015, 07:21 PM
this box is discount or they say sold out but still runs tvonline and some apps which is still good for the kids room or even living room just not all you want as today standers but saying box sucks noway still ge tv

Erosram
10-09-2015, 04:10 AM
This has been a great box, and still many of the apps work fine, including tv online. Even though it is discontinued, I have enjoyed it a lot, and continue to do so. I have no plans to buy from any other manufacturer as Avov products are great. So much so that I don't need to buy any box right now because my little vixo 1 will continue to do the work it was desinged to do.

theuduk
10-11-2015, 08:39 PM
This is a great box for those who just want to press buttons then watch tv, is good for my wife and daughter with her three and five year olds, bust. Highlight the selection and play so much easier than my dl.android with all the different areas to probe.
Trying to let me upgrade them but they love the avov1 too much too let go.

Marley
10-12-2015, 03:57 PM
this box like you say still runs great but not all the bell and whistles