PDA

View Full Version : Loving it, (A honest mini review)

Watchful44
09-23-2015, 01:44 AM
Hi all,

So I've been on the fence for a while and just sitting, reading this site while using and building many Pi's for friends and family. Finally got a Avov box and I must say, I'm impress. I like the ease of use with the added customization. I did order a Mag254 as well but I have a few days for it to come.
I have one question. I'm taking the Avov to show a friend so that I can convince them to buy one. However, since I configure it at my home, will I be able to plug and play via Ethernet or WiFi at there house or will I have to change the Mac address when I get there?

Capt.Kangaroo
09-23-2015, 01:51 AM
Hi all,

So I've been on the fence for a while and just sitting, reading this site while using and building many Pi's for friends and family. Finally got a Avov box and I must say, I'm impress. I like the ease of use with the added customization. I did order a Mag254 as well but I have a few days for it to come.
I have one question. I'm taking the Avov to show a friend so that I can convince them to buy one. However, since I configure it at my home, will I be able to plug and play via Ethernet or WiFi at there house or will I have to change the Mac address when I get there?

can plug straight in to ethernet. If using wifi you'll need to enter their wifi password.

Marley
09-23-2015, 03:36 AM
think you'll be real happy add kodi to it the app

Yotrek
09-23-2015, 03:51 PM
Hi all,

Yes you can, I did the same thing when showing to my friend house

Marley
09-23-2015, 06:32 PM
dont need change mac address only ethernet or wifi