PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Channels ?

debug337
09-19-2015, 07:49 PM
I see a ton of channels listed that I would never watch ... Is there a way to delete these ?

eureka
09-19-2015, 09:45 PM
The following doesn't apply to IPTV Stalker Video Addon (the best you can do is add channels to your favourites). It applies to the built in Kodi Live TV feature with channel list & EPG that works in conjunction with the PVR Stalker Client.You can't delete channels but you can hide them.

To hide go to:
System -> TV -> General
Scroll down to & choose Channel Manager
Highlight your unwanted channel
Arrow over to channel options
Click 'Active' (so as blue circle disappears)
Click 'Activate Guide' (so as blue circle disappears)
Arrow back over to highlight another unwanted channel & repeat above
When finished, arrow over to & click 'Apply Changes Now' (apply changes as you go in batches of 25 or 30 in case your mind wanders & you accidently exit without saving)
Click 'OK'

Then go to main Kodi Settings -> TV -> Guide & click to disable 'Hide No Information Labels' (so as blue circle disappears).

As new channels appear you'll notice them showing up in your channel list & if you don't want to watch them do as above to hide them. Note that if you ever clear data from TV general settings you'll have to do it all over again.

debug337
09-20-2015, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the info , I will check into it .

longodongo
10-01-2015, 06:28 AM
Awesome info to have,got rid of a bunch of worthless channels for a friend. This post should be a sticky.

Capt.Kangaroo
10-01-2015, 06:32 AM
Awesome info to have,got rid of a bunch of worthless channels for a friend. This post should be a sticky.

Agree. Now it is...:)

dobsorob
12-21-2015, 03:19 PM
Say channels are added if I don't clear data will the new channels still be added? I was under the impression that you needed to clear data in-order to receive new channels.

Thanks for the help

dinkish
12-23-2015, 12:45 PM
How do we go backing up the channel manager after we've deleted this list? (Thanks Eureka for the how to).

Had a snafo and accidentally deleted the list, it takes quite a while to do, and I'd like to back that sucker up this go about :)

(sorry if this isn't quite on topic, but I'm positive if there's a way to back up, everyone would want to do it after spending that much time removing channels).

***EDIT***

Found this thread:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?8634-Kodi-PVR-Channel-Template-Loader&highlight=channel+manager

I suggest you use this to speed up your channel removal, as well as back up the template after you are finished incase you need to remove both the channel\guide info if something has a hiccup.