PDA

View Full Version : Setting up pvr with Kodi on AndroidTV box

maddox
09-19-2015, 04:35 PM
Since the help was so effective on my last issue, i thought i'd try again :)

so, i've followed the guide on these forums for setting up pvr using the simple client but i'm still getting an authorization failed error.

the exact same setup works on my pc, but the androidTV box won't take.

I'm using iptv stalker 1.0.18 with kodi 15.1.1 on an androidtv box. I'm using my iptv66 sub. I've put my mac in iptv stalker portal 1, and i've filled out the server info and added mac to portal 3. send serial is selected as thats the only way it seems to work.

i've tried deleting the settings.xml, changing my mac multiple times, and cleared all caches. i can browse to the channels directly through iptv stalker but pvr keeps giving my authentication failed.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

sat-junkie
09-19-2015, 05:03 PM
your mac is corrupt now.. don't use 1.0.18 never hit send serial number that will corrupt your valid mac so
change you mac... just use pvr stalker no need for the stalker addon what so ever..read this......

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?7004-Setting-up-PVR-Stalker-Client-NFPS&highlight=stalker+ivue

maddox
09-19-2015, 05:16 PM
your mac is corrupt now.. don't use 1.0.18 never hit send serial number that will corrupt your valid mac so
change you mac... just use pvr stalker no need for the stalker addon what so ever..read this......

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?7004-Setting-up-PVR-Stalker-Client-NFPS&highlight=stalker+ivue

Nice! ok, so i've followed those instructions. i uninstalled iptv stalker addon first, then created a new mac. disabled the simple client pvr and enabled the stalker client. added my new mac to portal 1, added my server (mw1.iptv66.tv) and i used the http://**********/NFPSE.xml, i also upped the timeout to 15

enabled the pvr in tv settings and it says Stalker Client unable to load channels.

maddox
09-19-2015, 05:24 PM
reading through another topic of someone that had the same problem, dara says to increase the timeout in the xml file. i went looking for it but it's not in any of the paths that are posted in the thread. the only place i can actually find it is through kodi file manager. is there a way to edit the xml file right in kodi?

maddox
09-19-2015, 05:46 PM
so i wasn't able to browse to the addon folder using es file manager but i downloaded a quick note editor and went to open file, it then allowed me to browse right to the settings.xml :) i edited the timeout to 60 successfully but i'm still getting the unable to load channels error :(

maddox
09-19-2015, 06:07 PM
silly me, i apparently didn't read closely enough and thought that the stock stalker pvr in kodi was the one i was supposed to be using as it had the same version number.

so i downloaded the proper one, stalker nfps and to be safe i uninstalled the other one, went in via file manager and deleted everything in there. then i set up the stalker nfps appropriately and enable pvr and it says this: Check the log for more information about this message. Add-on couldn't be loaded. An unknown error has occurred. Can't load DLL.

going to keep looking for a solution but if anyone can help in the meantime it would be awesome.

maddox
09-19-2015, 06:45 PM
still stuck on this, tried removing kodi completely and reinstalling but no luck.

maddox
09-20-2015, 02:50 PM
anyone have any other suggestions? the stock pvr stalker will always immediately say unable to load channels. the info is filled out correctly, i've tried multiple macs and i've also changed the timeout to be 60 via the settings.xml.

the pvr stalker nfps version will always give me the "Check the log for more information about this message. Add-on couldn't be loaded. An unknown error has occurred. Can't load DLL" error. I think this one would probably work if it would just load but I can't seem to find any information on how to get it to load once getting that error.

thanks.

kroakie1
09-21-2015, 01:54 PM
The dll error usually points to Android version being out of date. You need 4.2 or later to get Kodi working correctly. I had to update my tablet to get Stalker pvr to work.

maddox
09-21-2015, 03:19 PM
The dll error usually points to Android version being out of date. You need 4.2 or later to get Kodi working correctly. I had to update my tablet to get Stalker pvr to work.

mine is 4.2.2, would that be good enough? if not then i have a whole new problem because my android tv box refuses to update, it gives me an "MD5 downloaded file invalid" error whenever i try to do the update. it pops up and tells that there is in fact an update, it just won't do it.

so frustrating. i refuse to give up.

mr.crane
09-25-2015, 03:51 AM
maddox, just curious which android box are you using?