PDA

View Full Version : What box would you buy?

grumpytom
09-19-2015, 12:55 PM
I've been reading a lot of information here and still can't decide on a new box.
MAG 254 has 512 MB Ram and only 256 MB memory. ( Highly recommended for some reason I have yet to discover)
AVOV Vixo 2 has 1 GB Ram and 8 GB storage. (Seems like a good box but expensive with a game controller I am not interested in.)
MX III has 2 GB Ram and 8 GB storage. ( Good price with the most Ram & memory I have found yet, but can I use my rocket with this box to get Dish?)

I have a FTA/IPTV rocket for Dish and want to get rid of my expensive Canadian satellite provider.

Any and all suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Kimbo
09-19-2015, 01:02 PM
MXIII is for Kodi in which you can access Rocket IPTV via the Stalker IPTV Add on and/or the stalker program but it is not for IKS (FTA). the reason Mag 254 is recomended for IPTV is that is plug and play (very easy) and works very well!!

floder2
09-19-2015, 01:48 PM
The NEW Avov TV-Online Quad core Box.....coming in October.................IPTV and KODI........with Mickyhop APPs also........Can't wait.........

grumpytom
09-19-2015, 02:10 PM
The NEW Avov TV-Online Quad core Box.....coming in October.................IPTV and KODI........with Mickyhop APPs also........Can't wait.........

Do you mean the Vixo Fuse I have seen?

Alucard
09-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Any good Quad Core Android box will work just fine. I personally would not use a Mag. These are good for people that just want a simple plug and play box but it limits you in what you can it for. With a Android based box you can install Kodi with other plugins to increase your viewing experience. One thing you need to watch for with some of the Android boxes is that the only way to load software is through their channel store and if they do not have what you want you may not be able to side load that application. I personally use the Fire TV and it is easy to side load anything I want on it and it runs great.

floder2
09-19-2015, 02:50 PM
Do you mean the Vixo Fuse I have seen?

NO........talking about the new Avov TV-Online box (quad core)....October

K00lKatT
09-19-2015, 02:52 PM
to the OP no, he means the new TVOnline + not the Fuse..

sat-junkie
09-19-2015, 04:09 PM
The mx3 is your best bang for your buck...do your research and you'll see what the best deal is..

Cd001111
09-23-2015, 02:17 AM
I've been reading a lot of information here and still can't decide on a new box.
MAG 254 has 512 MB Ram and only 256 MB memory. ( Highly recommended for some reason I have yet to discover)
AVOV Vixo 2 has 1 GB Ram and 8 GB storage. (Seems like a good box but expensive with a game controller I am not interested in.)
MX III has 2 GB Ram and 8 GB storage. ( Good price with the most Ram & memory I have found yet, but can I use my rocket with this box to get Dish?)

I have a FTA/IPTV rocket for Dish and want to get rid of my expensive Canadian satellite provider.

Forget android boxes they aren't as stable as Rasberry or even a PC is even better.

big dady
09-23-2015, 03:14 AM
Forget android boxes they aren't as stable as Rasberry or even a PC is even better.

how did you get to that conclusion?

Alucard
09-23-2015, 03:58 AM
Yeah, I am with big dady. I would like to know too.

grumpytom
09-23-2015, 09:13 PM
I tend to agree with sat-junkie that the best bang for my buck is the Android MX III. Or more particularly the new M8S Quad core with the newer S812 chip. I should receive it by Friday and be testing this weekend.

mr.crane
09-25-2015, 04:01 AM
grumpytom, let us know once you get the M8S, give us a review. thanks

xbmcbg
09-25-2015, 04:42 PM

If you want stable service than you do not have much choice because the only boxes that are on the market and upscale career to be used for IPTV by not using emulators are products of Infomir (MAG 200/250/254/...) and they work under Linux. All other boxes without exception use emulators and works under Android