PDA

View Full Version : IceFilms 1.7.0 Update

Kimbo
02-03-2015, 04:33 PM
c/p
v1.8.2(Friday, 20 February 2015):
- Fixed HugeFiles captcha problems
- Converted Favourites to SQL database

Big item in this release is the conversion of favourites from the old file based system to the database

This is another step in improving speed of the addon as well as giving users ability to store their addon favourites into a central MySQL DB so that all boxes in your house can now share the same list of favourites

There are issues that can pop up as a result of this, your old favourites are still in tact so they are not lost if the conversion doesn't go properly

v1.7.0(Tuesday, 03 February 2015):
- Fixed MovReel resolver
- Fixed BillionUploads resolver
- Switch to use xbmcvfs to allow network file operations - downloads
- Removed need to download meta data image packs, only database file is required for meta data now
- Code optimizations
- Shrink images to reduce addon zip by 70%
- Remove images for sources, now displays movie/tvshow meta data & poster
- Correct downloads to use original file extension instead of always changing to .avi (legacy code)

This one is a bit of a bigger release than normal, lots of internal code cleanup and fixes happening

Some of the bigger items include ability to (finally!!) download files to a network location

Also I've removed the need to download the huge image packs for meta data, now the only requirement is to download the small 7 meg database file which comes with all meta data pre-loaded as of today

I also moved the meta pack location over to 2Shared, tuxen has been having ups and downs with his server so for the time being I am using 2Shared as they seem to be rather stable

ELDORADO

cryinsince67
02-06-2015, 06:42 PM
I see there is another update 1.7.2 to fix favourites issues

Kimbo
02-06-2015, 07:09 PM
v1.7.1(Tuesday, 03 February 2015):
- Corrected issue loading sources when meta data is turned off
- Fixed search function that wasn't using user entered Icefilms URL
v1.7.2(Thursday, 05 February 2015):
- Fixed error in adding Movie favourites - any favourites added since 1.7.0 will need to be deleted and re-added
- Removed dependency on pyxbmct to allow Frodo users to continue using

Kimbo
02-09-2015, 09:20 PM
v1.8.0(Monday, 09 February 2015):
- Fixed (hopefully) all issues with favourites
- Added new Icefilms own cache DB
- Currently only allows for web page caching, this will help speed up navigation
- Future will move favourites to the cache DB, as well as include resume support
- Includes MySQL database support
- Reworked code for fetching sources, should see a good speed increase here

Marley
02-10-2015, 04:45 AM
mine auto update

tonyboy
02-15-2015, 06:31 PM
Hi asft, how to auto update icefilms

Marley
02-18-2015, 03:57 AM
it 1.8.1 now

Kimbo
02-18-2015, 01:33 PM
v1.8.1(Tuesday, 10 February 2015):
- Fixed yet another issue with favourites, was failing to create sub-folders on some systems
- Small code cleanups from new changes

v1.8.0(Monday, 09 February 2015):
- Fixed (hopefully) all issues with favourites
- Added new Icefilms own cache DB
- Currently only allows for web page caching, this will help speed up navigation
- Future will move favourites to the cache DB, as well as include resume support
- Includes MySQL database support
- Reworked code for fetching sources, should see a good speed increase here

bachan
02-19-2015, 06:29 PM
sorry this is my first time can you tell me how to download the latest program on my box . thanks

Kimbo
02-19-2015, 06:40 PM
It should update once you open Kodi, check to see if you have by right clicking on the add on and clicking on add on information to see which version you have, if it has not updated then go to System>settings>addons>Check for updates and give it a few minutes.

Kimbo
02-20-2015, 09:08 PM
v1.8.2(Friday, 20 February 2015):
- Fixed HugeFiles captcha problems
- Converted Favourites to SQL database

Big item in this release is the conversion of favourites from the old file based system to the database

This is another step in improving speed of the addon as well as giving users ability to store their addon favourites into a central MySQL DB so that all boxes in your house can now share the same list of favourites

There are issues that can pop up as a result of this, your old favourites are still in tact so they are not lost if the conversion doesn't go properly

Kimbo
02-24-2015, 02:12 PM
v1.8.3(Monday, 23 February 2015):
- Fixed Favourites migration issue duplicating favourite entrie