PDA

View Full Version : What is IKS and How does it work?

built2last
09-09-2015, 10:49 PM
i have seen sever people confused on this subject in the forum hope this helps

What is IKS and How does it work?
Ok I have seem to be giving people the answer to this question a lot these days so here is my explanation for those who do not understand what IKS is and how it works.

IKS - Internet Key Sharing

What is it?

Internet key sharing is the process of using one smart card (hacked or legit) to serve multiple receivers.

How is this done?

This is done in several parts.

1. The tools

Smart Card
Card Reader or CAM
Connection to the satellite
Networked Server

2. The setup

The card is used to decode whats in the stream from here the information (command words) are sent to the card reader attached to the server where a program is set up to receive and broadcast these command words to other units on the network whether it be on the internet or locally. So here is the chain of events

Satellite ----> Smart Card --->Card Reader ---> Server ---> Other Unit(s)

So how is this all relevant and how will it benefit the tester?

This is what many brands running third party software are turning to as a solution whether it be temporary or permanent. Even if new Smart cards cannot be successfully reversed engineered; One subscribed card can still serve tens, hundreds, thousands or more units depending on both the power of the server and network connection. Which means that there will always be viewable television via ECM's as long as the server stays online broadcasting these control words.

The Negatives

1. Privacy risks

2. Some channels may stay down. For example a subscribed card will only get a PPV movie if the person who owns that subscribed card actually orders the movie. Remember with this method someone is actually paying a bill.

3. Requires decent internet connection (sorry folks no dial up)

The Positives

1. More than one solution = less overall downtime

2. Ability to update software and features via the internet

3. Streaming capabilities (mp3, jpeg, and in some cases video)

List of receivers capable of running IKS (on public servers)

Nfusion
Kbox with attached Khub
Sonicview 360's with attached IHUB (and many more)

Conclusion

I am sure that nobody needs to be told what to do and from weighing both the positives and negatives YOU all can come up with your own decision when making a choice for receivers in the future. In my opinion this is only an alternate method from what testers have come to expect over the years in FTA. Standalone operations are not a thing of the past .... yet, but this current solution demonstrates that most teams providing third party support are trying to cater to the audience by doing what they can to offer as little downtime as possible by thinking out of the box.

floder2
09-09-2015, 11:12 PM
Should I care about IKS on this IPTV site..when there are plenty of other sites that deal with IKS

Marley
09-09-2015, 11:25 PM
humm should you ? but weird why you post that here on iptv site still info is good for brain if its the right info

sat-junkie
09-10-2015, 01:53 AM
humm should you ? but weird why you post that here on iptv site still info is good for brain if its the right infoWhy not it's good info to know...i agree i see alot of people confused about it ..why not explain it..i wish there was more technical info here but there isn't..

Farmer1
09-10-2015, 02:06 AM
yes good info i have seen lots of people ask the difference also of IKS and IPTV

big dady
09-10-2015, 04:48 AM
yes good info i have seen lots of people ask the difference also of IKS and IPTV

Answer: iks is the past and iptv is the future

K00lKatT
09-10-2015, 05:24 AM
and just an FYI....iks does work on dial-up...just sayin..

K00lKatT
09-10-2015, 07:40 AM
the main difference between iks and iptv is the card remains in the slave(donor) rec. thereby avoiding the ecm the iks donor is prone to...just sayin..

bsngupta
03-10-2016, 02:27 AM
Just to clarify myself
if i buy IKS Only, i cant use view channels on KODI?
do i need to buy IPTV + Free IKS in order to view on kodi?

i have seen sever people confused on this subject in the forum hope this helps

What is IKS and How does it work?
Ok I have seem to be giving people the answer to this question a lot these days so here is my explanation for those who do not understand what IKS is and how it works.

IKS - Internet Key Sharing

What is it?

Internet key sharing is the process of using one smart card (hacked or legit) to serve multiple receivers.

How is this done?

This is done in several parts.

1. The tools

Smart Card
Card Reader or CAM
Connection to the satellite
Networked Server

2. The setup

The card is used to decode whats in the stream from here the information (command words) are sent to the card reader attached to the server where a program is set up to receive and broadcast these command words to other units on the network whether it be on the internet or locally. So here is the chain of events

Satellite ----> Smart Card --->Card Reader ---> Server ---> Other Unit(s)

So how is this all relevant and how will it benefit the tester?

This is what many brands running third party software are turning to as a solution whether it be temporary or permanent. Even if new Smart cards cannot be successfully reversed engineered; One subscribed card can still serve tens, hundreds, thousands or more units depending on both the power of the server and network connection. Which means that there will always be viewable television via ECM's as long as the server stays online broadcasting these control words.

The Negatives

1. Privacy risks

2. Some channels may stay down. For example a subscribed card will only get a PPV movie if the person who owns that subscribed card actually orders the movie. Remember with this method someone is actually paying a bill.

3. Requires decent internet connection (sorry folks no dial up)

The Positives

1. More than one solution = less overall downtime

2. Ability to update software and features via the internet

3. Streaming capabilities (mp3, jpeg, and in some cases video)

List of receivers capable of running IKS (on public servers)

Nfusion
Kbox with attached Khub
Sonicview 360's with attached IHUB (and many more)

Conclusion

I am sure that nobody needs to be told what to do and from weighing both the positives and negatives YOU all can come up with your own decision when making a choice for receivers in the future. In my opinion this is only an alternate method from what testers have come to expect over the years in FTA. Standalone operations are not a thing of the past .... yet, but this current solution demonstrates that most teams providing third party support are trying to cater to the audience by doing what they can to offer as little downtime as possible by thinking out of the box.

dara
03-10-2016, 02:37 AM
Just to clarify myself
if i buy IKS Only, i cant use view channels on KODI?
do i need to buy IPTV + Free IKS in order to view on kodi?

You need to buy IPTV with the free IKS to use the IPTV service... on Kodi, a box or on an emulator.

Marley
03-10-2016, 02:40 AM
yup get both you will be happy