PDA

View Full Version : Genesis??

steve2
09-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Been using this G box for over a month now and a bit disappointed with Genesis.Seems every program or movie I try to watch it runs for a few moments and then freezes and that seems to be the end of watching Genesis programming.Show Box,and the others are all working A 1. Is this a buffering problem?or some other glitch.I was running Kodi14.2 and upgraded to 15.1 Genesis worked same way on both Kodi programs.Thanks for any hints and or fixes....Steve2

Kimbo
09-06-2015, 05:36 PM
have you cleared the cache on both the inside genesis under tools and also Kodi, just an idea!!

Marley
09-06-2015, 08:45 PM
thats weird run that on 7 boxes and np at all

steve2
09-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Tried clear cache in genesis,no improvement.Don't know where to go to do it in Kodi. Possible new problem, when I try to select a program to watch ,streaming starts and then a window pops up saying it ran into a problem and to check log,again I have no idea how to check log...what log do they mean?....Again many thanks for any hints or suggestions..Steve2

Kimbo
09-07-2015, 04:26 PM
A Genesis update came out yesterday hope it helps your issue, below is a video on how to create a check log

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjf1ahGh4MU

eureka
09-08-2015, 08:28 AM
To clear your cache follow these steps:

1) Install the Fusion Installer. Instructions on how to do this here:
http://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

- Then install the Addon Installer. Instructions here:
http://www.tvaddons.ag/addon-installer-kodi/

- Once you have that done open the Addon Installer, choose Program Addons & look for Maintenance Tool & install it.

- Open the Maintenace Tool from your Program Addons, choose General Maintenance, Clear Cache, OK. Then go back to the previous screen & choose Purge Packets, OK.

2) Log File: Similar to the video posted above by Laser915 follow these instructions:
http://www.tvaddons.ag/posting-error-logs-kodi/

You shouldn't really ever need to post log files unless you have major problems in which case a fresh install of Kodi is the best thing to do unless you're moderately tech savy IMO - a lot of the time any problems can be sorted out by updating a troublesome addon /uninstalling & reinstalling.

Don't go mad & install dozens of addons - you won't need them, you won't use them & the more you have installed the more likely that something will go wrong, so stick to purely what you need (Once you have IPTV Stalker, Genesis, Phoenix & a few more that you know you'll use installed you probably have more than enough to keep you entertained). Clear cache & purge packets at least once a day.

If you have automatic updates disabled check regularly for available updates. For best results if you're using a wireless connection consider using wired or at least have your device close to where your modem/router is located.

steve2
09-09-2015, 02:38 PM
Will give those instructions a try...Thanks steve2

floder2
09-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Here is an easier way to install General Maintenance addon for KODI...............just go to system........addons.........add from zip file........ choose this file posted here1001

steve2
09-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Here is an easier way to install General Maintenance addon for KODI...............just go to system........addons.........add from zip file........ choose this file posted here1001

Did one better , in my searching on G box I came across reset to factory settings, reset and reloaded Kodi and it looks lige most everything is back to normal except for some programs in Genesis coming up error something missing check log....Thanks for all the help and suggestions...Steve2

Mumalo22
09-13-2015, 06:01 PM
Question my friend has a GBox if she resets it will kodi stay on the device or will kodi have to be side loaded or uploaded

Marley
09-16-2015, 04:26 AM
kodi will stay on box but make a backup for apps and gbox is like gotham 13.2

steve2
09-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Everything is gone...Steve2