PDA

View Full Version : mag254

coco17
02-01-2015, 05:29 PM
My mag box keeps rebooting itself. I think I got a lemon.It will work for about 30min to 45 min then out of the blue it will just reboot. Also I could be watching a on demand move and all of a sudden it will freeze. the remote wont work nothing I can do but pull the power plug and plug back in to restart. I seem to be the only one having this issue, as nobody else has posted anything. Do these boxed come with any warranty? If so how long? I have purchased my box before Christmas:confused:. Any help will be helpful thanks.

theuduk
02-01-2015, 05:38 PM
first do you have decent internet say 5m or so, have you tried it on inner portal with youtube or M3U file, if you bought from a good seller talk to him and see, also check cables are in good shape changing HDMI might be woth a try.

BIO
02-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Make sure you aren't drawing too much from one of the usb ports. If you're using an external hdd that is powered by usb leave it unplugged. Another thing to consider is if you have it enclosed in a cabinet of something clear room around it and let it breath.

See theuduk got here before I did.
What he said too :)

coco17
02-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Hi Theduck and Bio, thanks for responding. first off I do indeed have good internet 25down and 2 up, also I have nothing plugged into any of the usb ports never have. the box is not inside of any enclosure or anything like that, it sits atop of an entertainment center in the open air. I have tried a different hdmi cable as well as the one it comes with that pluggs into rca ports. with same problem. Is it possible to reload the latests firmare all over again? without internet?