PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service what happen

qgrandstaff
08-31-2015, 01:25 PM
Package installer froze. Filled out the form AVOV asks you to fill out so they can push software to fix the issue. Called the next day because no corrective action was taken by AVOV. Was put off and told it would be fixed by Friday night. Today is monday and still nothing. I will call back and give them until the end of the day then drive over my AVOV TVONLINE as they put me off until the 21 days to return it passed over the weekend while they put me off. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE GUYS!!!

K00lKatT
08-31-2015, 01:34 PM
had you updated your box??...did you fac reset & reload??...Kind of hard to mess up the easiest there is to use box..if you give us some info we will be glad to help and no need to get nasty with the attitude..

qgrandstaff
08-31-2015, 01:45 PM
Yes. Did a factory reset prior to calling them. They said they would need to push new software. They said it would be done days ago. Well... Still waiting. The only problem left is they put me off until the 21 days to return the until elapsed leaving me with a 100 dollar paper weight if they chose to do nothing as it seems they are going to do. You are right about 1 thing. It is hard to mess up this box as easy as it is to run. Guess that means it is hard for them to send working software to it.

K00lKatT
08-31-2015, 01:48 PM
did you update after fac reset??..what version of build do you have on box now?

qgrandstaff
08-31-2015, 01:52 PM
Can not update. Package installer freezes every time you try to update. Currently is 1.0.17 After the reset all settings are gone. When you click to use any feature (Live Tv VOD Etc) it goes straight to attempting to install packages and freezes. Receiver worked fine until they came up with a update a few days ago.

K00lKatT
08-31-2015, 01:57 PM
pkg installs are not updates...I suggest you delete all your pkgs...reset once again..update...then re-install your pkgs

qgrandstaff
08-31-2015, 02:00 PM
As soon as you turn it on and connect it to your network it trys to download packageas freezing the receiver. No chance to do anything else.That is the problem I am having. This is after 5 attempts with factory resets.

K00lKatT
08-31-2015, 02:05 PM
have you hard booted your modem/router then box??

qgrandstaff
08-31-2015, 02:07 PM
Please explain how my modem that runs 6 other devices flawlessly would be the problem but yes I have reset my modem since this problem begun.

K00lKatT
08-31-2015, 02:12 PM
so if you can get to main menu, which you stated you can to get to sys info to fac reset. then go to market and delete your apps...then fac reset from sys info, update and reload

Kodi64
08-31-2015, 02:13 PM
Please explain how my modem that runs 6 other devices flawlessly would be the problem but yes I have reset my modem since this problem begun.
could be a block from the modem may not have given it permission or there is another item with the same ip
reboot the modem
set up a useable static ip and try that

qgrandstaff
08-31-2015, 02:18 PM
Thank you. I checked this but it was not the problem. Good thinking.

could be a block from the modem may not have given it permission or there is another item with the same ip
reboot the modem
set up a useable static ip and try that

qgrandstaff
08-31-2015, 02:31 PM
Just got off the phone with AVOV. They said this is a problem they are aware of and there is nothing I can do about this. They will need to push a software update to the receiver, However they are not the ones to push the update and there is no telling when the 3rd party will do it. I was informed the person I worked with prior to today is no longer with the company and no status on my previous request to push a update can be given because the guy I was talking to did not have his computer turned on. I was told to call back this afternoon so he could have his computer up and he would look to see the current status for me.

floder2
08-31-2015, 03:02 PM
did you update after fac reset??..what version of build do you have on box now?

By the way..what is the latest build number for TV-ONline box...........??

nada233
08-31-2015, 04:33 PM
for tvonline is 1.0.17 is the latest one .

Marley
08-31-2015, 04:56 PM
wow i had same problem as you on a different box would get to the loading of the box install it needed but stop i feel for you had to send the box back to them to re-flash the box and then it work after months so i know what your coming from so i know when they are saying they are working on it they are but it must be a hell of a bug they do have great support but for this one was in you shoes too

Farmer1
08-31-2015, 05:15 PM
They do seem to have issues with a few boxes. Hoping to see Hans around to address a few concerns

Marley
08-31-2015, 05:33 PM
yea they should have said something but in pr world you never say bad things about your product but really they are working on it sometimes i think they have just to much going on

sat-junkie
08-31-2015, 07:11 PM
Any box i can't reflash myself I'll pass on..I just build a small form factor windows based media center box..much more functional then any android box...but we all prefer different things..Kodi is all ya need

a-team
08-31-2015, 08:45 PM
Hi everyone,

Yes we had an issue with the box being frozen under the installer setup. We have requested our customers to report it and provide us the serial number for us to send back to our engineering team. However, we have run into a few delays which is out of our control. The engineers have been given several tasks and they are updating limited boxes due to the amount of work load they have. This team works non stop making sure the boxes are running without any major issues. The package installer was an unexpected issue and we are trying to get it resolved. They are working their way down the list of boxes that need to have manual updates pushed. Please be patient as we resolve this. The worst case scenario is sending the box back to us so we can do it manually. We would cover the shipping to you and if DHL comes through, then we will cover the cost of shipping the box to us as well. We are trying our best to tend to any and all issues.

Farmer1
08-31-2015, 09:45 PM
david could i get you to address the issue on build 1.0.7 in this thread
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?7260-Missing-channels-on-vixo2-build-1-0-7
Kind of looks like you left this one sit by the wayside

nelsonsylves
08-31-2015, 10:17 PM
Hi everyone,

Yes we had an issue with the box being frozen under the installer setup. We have requested our customers to report it and provide us the serial number for us to send back to our engineering team. However, we have run into a few delays which is out of our control. The engineers have been given several tasks and they are updating limited boxes due to the amount of work load they have. This team works non stop making sure the boxes are running without any major issues. The package installer was an unexpected issue and we are trying to get it resolved. They are working their way down the list of boxes that need to have manual updates pushed. Please be patient as we resolve this. The worst case scenario is sending the box back to us so we can do it manually. We would cover the shipping to you and if DHL comes through, then we will cover the cost of shipping the box to us as well. We are trying our best to tend to any and all issues.

david I must misunderstand you in my pm to you because I thought you told me that I have to pay for the shipping to the site

nelsonsylves
08-31-2015, 10:20 PM
david I must have misunderstand you because I thought you told me that I have to pay for the shipping. (it was either david or A-tech)

K00lKatT
08-31-2015, 10:25 PM
and the need to hard boot to refresh the date/time issue, while we still got ya....

K00lKatT
08-31-2015, 10:26 PM
Hans must be hiding!!

Farmer1
08-31-2015, 11:29 PM
I think Hans is avoiding me LOL

Capt.Kangaroo
08-31-2015, 11:37 PM
Hans must be hiding!!

Probably hanging with Franz...:)
http://www.nbc.com/sites/nbcunbc/files/files/images/2015/5/05/140207_2723958_Pumping_up_with_Hans_and_Franz_anvv er_3.jpg

Just jokin' Hans...;)

floder2
09-01-2015, 01:13 AM
Looks like David is gone and Han's was suppose to take his place but was sent to the Eastern front.................So Richard is the New Guy..........

My name is Richard, I will be taking over for David. I was recently hired to handle support and forum inquiries. Hans was originally going to take care of both plus sales. Its obvious that we need more of a presence online and Hans wont be able to do it all. So please PM if you have any questions. I will do my best to answer any questions you may have.

floder2
09-01-2015, 01:14 AM
Hello ..Richard.............

Tell me Richard......Does Avov have a working relationship with Rocket-NFPS......I'm sure Avov would like for Rocket-NFPS to be successful with the IPTV....It certainly would help to sell boxes.....

Capt.Kangaroo
09-01-2015, 01:16 AM
Greetings Richard...:)

Bkman2020
09-01-2015, 01:19 AM
Hello richard please introduce your self to the staff.

Kimbo
09-01-2015, 01:37 AM
I think he did http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?7484-New-Tech-For-Avov&p=58719#post58719

built2last
09-01-2015, 01:55 AM
i would never piss my money away on a avov box looks pretty clunky to me and the mag boxes have a crappy gui

Marley
09-01-2015, 02:29 AM
if they get there chit back together they are great boxes to run now lets see whatsup

Marley
09-01-2015, 05:38 AM
all my boxes run great i just wish the one with the version 1.0.7 was fixed i will say this customer service never let me down but i dont have that version

Farmer1
09-01-2015, 02:50 PM
kind of hate to put more wood on the fire
just found another problem with that build 1.0.7 no server settings

theone
09-01-2015, 04:33 PM
kind of hate to put more wood on the fire
just found another problem with that build 1.0.7 no server settings

This is not the place to post any issues with your box.

hoadzman
09-02-2015, 10:50 PM
I was gonna post that I was having issue installing package with my avov tvonline box but I just saw the post that I shouldn't post, so i'm gonna go look an see where I should post that i'm having an issue with my avov tvonline box that has stopped working everything sticks.

qgrandstaff
09-05-2015, 11:02 PM
Just wanted to give a update. AVOV said they did attempt to update my box remotely. Unsure if they did. They then said they would set me up with a RMA but I never received a sticker or any other communication. I have given up and this receiver now sits on a shelf as a reminder to not use this service through that company any more. I was going to sell these in my store but needless to say I have chosen not to do so.

Lowteck
09-06-2015, 07:24 PM
Yes, I was waiting for an email from the site sponsor, to return a dead remote and never received a response for over a week. So I went directly to AVOV and got good response and now have my remote. Communicate with them.

Marley
09-06-2015, 08:41 PM
qgrandstaff if they said they would give you a rma they will talk to them again

Marley
09-06-2015, 08:42 PM
on thing they dont lie if they say they are going to rma it they will i know that for fact

formigax
09-07-2015, 03:59 AM
I'm one more on the list having the same problem, my Avov tv online get stuck on the Package Instaler after Factory Reset. Since last week.. I didn't get any answer or help yet , from avov support.

Marley
09-07-2015, 04:31 AM
send them another ticket they will make it right

Farmer1
09-07-2015, 04:35 AM
Yes keep in contact with them I sent mine back and they are going to fix it
ask them if you can send it back to get fixed

K00lKatT
09-07-2015, 04:36 AM
I have full confidence in the avov team to stand behind their products. They have shown they care about their service and I expect them to do so..

Marley
09-07-2015, 05:46 AM
K00lKatT i,m so with you on that and same with many other members feel the same way again thank - you avov

Marley
09-07-2015, 05:50 AM
and i change the sucked part for which they do not and i stand by them like they did me when they fixed my box some time ago

nada233
09-07-2015, 06:17 AM
they did reply to me when have some questions with regard to my issue,and yes they do stand behind their products that is why ,I am sending all my friends to avov,today along 4 bought the new fuse,after showing my friends the benefit of it.

nada233
09-07-2015, 06:21 AM
should have become a dealer,lol

Cali9dub
09-07-2015, 01:50 PM
I've had the same issue with my tvonline box (installer stuck). Gave Avov service a chance to rectify the issue. It had been 7 days with absolutely no type of progress, back and forth emails and no follow up on their part. Called the distributor I purchased the box from and got a new one within 24 hours. Now THAT'S good customer service !

Marley
09-07-2015, 04:25 PM
good for you but who do they send the box back to and who lets them do that oh no it avov company they stand by there product they are having a tough time right now getting thing back to order but they are it not like big companies that have 50 people to take care of customer service i bet it maybe one or two guys thats just me saying that so please give them time they will make it right

Farmer1
09-07-2015, 04:46 PM
I've had the same issue with my tvonline box (installer stuck). Gave Avov service a chance to rectify the issue. It had been 7 days with absolutely no type of progress, back and forth emails and no follow up on their part. Called the distributor I purchased the box from and got a new one within 24 hours. Now THAT'S good customer service !
something not sounding right here I submitted 2 tickets and very time had a response within 2 -24 hr every time, when i respond to the thicket email same thing fast response
I do you need to submit a ticket
https://help.avov.tv/portal/newticket if you use report a bug you get no response

a-team
09-09-2015, 03:19 AM
Everyone,

We have had an influx of email, support tickets, voice messages, missed calls we have been getting around to. If you are having any issues, please open a support ticket at our help-desk and we will resolve it shortly. We are going through everything and making sure the right information is passed onto our customers and your problem is resolved asap.

Just have some faith in us guys! Open a ticket at http://help.avov.tv - its the best way for us to keep track and communicate.

PS. It's great to hear our resellers and/or distributors got our back and honoring the policies for their customers. We always try to pass that information onto our resellers/distributors on honoring return/defect/doa because we will always honor them in return.

Farmer1
09-09-2015, 03:33 AM
Everyone,

We have had an influx of email, support tickets, voice messages, missed calls we have been getting around to. If you are having any issues, please open a support ticket at our help-desk and we will resolve it shortly. We are going through everything and making sure the right information is passed onto our customers and your problem is resolved asap.

Just have some faith in us guys! Open a ticket at http://help.avov.tv - its the best way for us to keep track and communicate.

PS. It's great to hear our resellers and/or distributors got our back and honoring the policies for their customers. We always try to pass that information onto our resellers/distributors on honoring return/defect/doa because we will always honor them in return.
I am assuming this is the AVOV Member new name thanks Richard for the update

a-team
09-09-2015, 03:50 AM
I am assuming this is the AVOV Member new name thanks Richard for the update

Yup ill be around here and mostly on the help-desk as often as I can.

Marley
09-09-2015, 03:55 AM
cool great ...