PDA

View Full Version : mxq quad core 4.4

chochyking
08-28-2015, 07:39 PM
hi all anyone know if this box can be used for iptv as well and if so is it any good? thanks

eureka
09-01-2015, 05:21 AM
hi all anyone know if this box can be used for iptv as well and if so is it any good? thanks
Hi,
I have no experience with that particular model, but looking at it's specs (quad core etc) it would be compatible with IPTV. It's not dissimilar to boxes that I use & if anything it's a step up from them. It has a built in ethernet port which is a plus, & 4 usb slots which makes things that little bit easier from the point of view of accesibility. Once you have a decent quality broadband connection you shouldn't experience any more problems than anyone else.

You're probably buying one with Kodi pre-loaded, which will probably be an earlier version to the current one but you can download the latest version from the google play store or if you were donanting to NFPS/Rocket/IKS66 you could also install the stb emulator which works quite well & certainly useful especially if you're not familiar with Kodi.

built2last
09-01-2015, 05:26 AM
all quad core android boxes work great!dont waste your money on a avov or mag box

big dady
09-01-2015, 05:39 AM
all quad core android boxes work great!dont waste your money on a avov or mag box

You're opinion is yours but bashing avov and mag on almost every post is getting out of hand. We get it you don't like them but others do move on please

psycon
09-01-2015, 06:17 AM
the CS918 is a cheap box that works great (and seems to be the same internally as this one) .

Warning... the IR remote SUCKS HARD!!!! it has to be too close, and be pointed perfectly directly at the box, for me, its so bad i consider it unusable...... , so buy a 2.4 air mouse remote on flea bay for $5-$10 to have the best setup.... the box itself works well with kodi

or just get a amazon fire TV/stick and sideload kodi.. cheaper (stick), works great, just a tiny bit of a trickier install, not that difficult though if u use adbfire..

big dady
09-01-2015, 07:01 AM
Hey psycon i just looked at it it is the same and the cs918 was my second android box and boy that remote would make you want to kill some one

Deadwood
05-25-2016, 04:32 PM
Hey psycon i just looked at it it is the same and the cs918 was my second android box and boy that remote would make you want to kill some one

I never use any of the android remotes except the controller which comes with the Nvidia Shield. All the others, I use a wireless mouse & keyboard. Never liked air mice or cheap infrared remotes.

Deadwood
05-25-2016, 04:38 PM

All of the android boxes I have had and used are used with IPTV as they all connect to the internet unless they are an IKS android box which connects via satellite & internet.

If a box has Kodi, ( I wouldn't recommend android boxes which have android OS version 4.4 as Kodi doesn't work well with it, ( my opinion). Kodi does link to the internet and has a wide range of video apps which allows tv, movies and various other content in various formats but check out Kodi for Beginners.

midaryl
05-25-2016, 06:53 PM
Make sure it has 2gb ram, call it experience.

tugatvpc
05-30-2016, 07:25 PM
Make sure it has 2gb ram, call it experience.

I agree.
At least 2gb Ram. I have one with 1gb and sometimes is not enough.
It is only sad Ram is so expensive ...
I use myself an Android (4.4) MXQ 1gb/8gb. Works but you feel there is definitely much better out there. Good thing with this one it has 4 USB ports.
All depends in how much you want to spend...

bigtony40
05-31-2016, 12:18 PM
Hey I have one of these boxes it plays well but now i seem to have a problem I have little red sound image in the top right hand corner of my screen and now I can't get any sound to come out the box now thru kodi. Can someone tell me how to get my sound back on this box

theone
05-31-2016, 01:37 PM
Hey I have one of these boxes it plays well but now i seem to have a problem I have little red sound image in the top right hand corner of my screen and now I can't get any sound to come out the box now thru kodi. Can someone tell me how to get my sound back on this box

Don't hijack someone else's thread when you have your own thread going so stick to that one please.

Deadwood
05-31-2016, 05:29 PM

I'm not entirely certain about your opinion with respect to wasting money as I have had several android boxes and still do which brings me to wonder if you're basing your opinion on actually owning and knowing or basing it on cost and products ? Quite frankly, I have several android versions which include Dreamlink, MyGica, Nvidia Shield Tv which, in my opinion, is top dog with a top dog price tag. However, I have an AVOV Vixo 2 and I just bought an AVOV TVonline4 box which won't I won't get until the second week of June. Do you think I would waste money on a box if I didn't think it was worth the investment ? Consider what I own before you answer that question as it might provide some clarity on your thoughts regarding quad core boxes. Fact is, I'd be focusing on which version of Android operating system instead of the number of cores as I found the newest version of Marshmallow 6.02 is the fastest, smoothest of all the boxes so far and I "think" the AVOV TVonline 4 will also be close to it as it has Android lollipop 5.1 operating system installed. What version does your quad core box have ?

chrisman
07-02-2016, 07:44 AM
i have a mxq pro 4 k iptv box after i day it dispays a black scdreen with the mxq pro logo is there any way to fix this problem.