PDA

View Full Version : STBemu need a bit work - suggestions

unclesam
08-28-2015, 03:33 AM
I have a android tv box and I installed emu and PVR client nfps.

PVR client nfps is based on KODI . It is running pretty good to my testing. only limit is kodi. KODI is big and still buggy. the 15 version have issue exiting program . but that has nothing to do with PVR client.

If it is posibble, I rather prefer have a native app just for android box. emu has a long way to go though. Through a few days testing. I find out the problem of emu are: 1) no prompt when channel is loading, PVR client will show something like "working..." so you know it is working :( , at least. 2)success connection rate is way lower that PVR client. some channel no matter how you click. it shows a black screen. but if you use PVR client , it played with no issue.

So I will use KODI for now , but keep my eyes open for the update of emulator. the only issue of KODI exit problem , no big deal , just click HOME button to quit.

sam

generica
08-28-2015, 04:20 AM
The thing I found is that the PVR Client or Kodi Add On had allot more buffering or stuttering, so it is a bit of a give and take. Tonight I had allot of buffering issues on STB so am never sure which one is really best.

Lets just say the whole thing has a long way to go ...

big dady
08-28-2015, 07:18 AM
Both have there good and bad but most are users lack of knowledge.
Kodi says working to tell you that it's trying to connect good and bad. Good if it connect in a few second, bad if it seats there and keeps on working for......... you get the idea
Stb emulator does have a similar feature depends on the player you use. Xmtv player will say connecting for a few second. then connect or say unable to connect
So in conclusion before judging please do a full and make sure you understand how to use it