PDA

View Full Version : Missing channels on vixo2 build 1.0.7

Farmer1
08-26-2015, 06:50 PM
I thought this deserved a thread of its own If the mods feel differ please feel free to delete this post to move to this thread http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?7162-kodi-15-0-is-hereI
I have a vixo 2 build 1.0.7 and for some reason it is missing channels
I have been in contact with the david_avov and submitted at ticket so the team is working to resolve this problem
It has come to my understanding that the build 1.0.6 has 125 channels in the channel store
build 1.0.7 had 117 then went to 118 this morning and now is back to 117
Im not sure what all channels are missing but i know KODI 15 is missing and that is the big one in my opinion

a-team
08-26-2015, 07:25 PM
I think there are certain problems with 1.0.7 boxes as it seems like that update wasn't supposed to go through (evident by most users being on 1.0.6). I believe Mickyhop and Avov are working on a resolution for this specific problem which also should fix the missing Kodi.

Farmer1
08-26-2015, 07:37 PM
I thank you again David
I think you are right some one made a small boo boo
No worries we will just try to keep the members with build 1.0.7 up to date on its progress

Marley
08-26-2015, 09:49 PM
how hard is it just to add kodi to 1.0.7 in channel store

Farmer1
08-27-2015, 02:07 AM
I wouldn't think it would be that hard but i think there are more issues then just kodi

Farmer1
08-27-2015, 03:16 AM
On the V2 build 1.0.7 when i go to all channels the adult channels do not show up they are only in the adult channel list
just for comparison purposes i was wondering if it is the same on build 1.0.6

Farmer1
08-27-2015, 01:05 PM
still no happy dance

Lowteck
08-27-2015, 07:31 PM
"On the V2 build 1.0.7 when i go to all channels the adult channels do not show up they are only in the adult channel list
just for comparison purposes i was wondering if it is the same on build 1.0.6 "

Yes it is the same in the 1.0.6 build. I like the face and I am sure that people who have kids and grandkids cannot find these channels that easy. I would also recommend for these people to install and uninstall each time that they so are inclined to enjoy. Keeps it more private.

Farmer1
08-27-2015, 07:52 PM
Thanks lowtech. The reason I was wondering is my 1.0.7. On all channels lists 117 channels and your build 1.0.6 will list all channels At 125 my adult channels list 7. So I was wondering if I was just missing KODi now I know I am missing 8 channels not just Kodi

Farmer1
08-27-2015, 08:10 PM
I do agree the adult should not be easy to find and should always be password perfected kids these days learn how to navigate these devices fast

Farmer1
08-28-2015, 02:31 PM
still no change in my build 1.0.7 either the issue stems deeper then they thought and they are not to worried as there are only a few boxes out with this build
Or the team is busy on other issues and developments
i do agree with asft it shouldn't be that hard to add a channel to the channel store unless there are issues with KODI running on the 1.0.7 build

Marley
08-28-2015, 02:44 PM
if that the case why not make the box a 1.0.6 and start fresh get rid of 1.0.7 all together remove it

Farmer1
08-28-2015, 02:50 PM
I would be happy if they could upgrade my box to 1.0.6 till they get the build 1.07 fixed, one day they should come through

Farmer1
08-28-2015, 04:21 PM
This is my latest response from AVOV Tech

Thank you for your response, I will notify the engineering team of this. We will get this resolved as soon as possible. From my understanding the build issue should have been resolved. The team will be online in a few hours and please let me know on Monday if it has not been updated.

leafs99
08-28-2015, 04:47 PM
It's a great box but somehow AVOV seems to forget about the bugs. They like to enhance the boxes but I haven't seen much work on clearing up some of the bugs. thanks

Lowteck
08-28-2015, 07:36 PM
If you do a factory reset and let the box do the auto update then if 107 has been removed then you should stop at 106, but if it goes back to 107 when it does the auto update, then turn off the auto update and manually update until it show 106. Hope this helps you and others.

leafs99
08-28-2015, 10:50 PM
How do we manually update to 1.06? thanks

Farmer1
08-29-2015, 12:50 AM
I will try some stuf tonight when I get home in about 3 hr. I don't think you can go back in the updates
Every time I do a manual update my box tells mei have the lates update

Farmer1
08-29-2015, 12:51 AM
Low tech have you ever been able to go backwards in your updates

Farmer1
08-29-2015, 04:56 AM
How do we manually update to 1.06? thanks

just checked it out you can't go back to build 1.0.6
when i try to do a manual update it just tells me the current version is the latest

leafs99
08-29-2015, 03:59 PM
i didn't think we could update manually. I was seeing if the poster Lowtech was actually able to downgrade based on his writing. All we can do is wait for AVOV to fix the issue. I am quite surprised it hasn't been addressed by now. Has AVOV given any update recently of the 1.07 issue? thanks

Marley
08-29-2015, 04:14 PM
i have never see anyone downgrade

Farmer1
08-29-2015, 04:21 PM
This is the ticket response I got yesterday

you may want to put a ticket in on this issue
https://help.avov.tv/portal/newticket
the more tickets they get the better off we are

Thank you for your response, I will notify the engineering team of this. We will get this resolved as soon as possible. From my understanding the build issue should have been resolved. The team will be online in a few hours and please let me know on Monday if it has not been updated.

Farmer1
08-29-2015, 04:29 PM
If you do a factory reset and let the box do the auto update then if 107 has been removed then you should stop at 106, but if it goes back to 107 when it does the auto update, then turn off the auto update and manually update until it show 106. Hope this helps you and others.

i have never see anyone downgrade

I didn't think you could but Lowteck seemed to think you could I was out in the field harvesting so when i got home i had to give it a try

Not sure if your box had a lower version on and you did a factory reset if it would go back to the original build or not
if it did it may be posable to update to a lower version unless it goes straight to the latest version
Ours being a new box the oldest build it could ever go to is build 1.0.7 on a factory reset anyway

Marley
08-29-2015, 04:48 PM
look you cant well you could if you had there apks which they would never give out to reset so your sol till they fix this sorry you guys have all this bad luck on this one they should have never sent that one out really cant see why the channel store cant get it for you to add kodi 15.2

Farmer1
08-29-2015, 05:07 PM
It's not all bad if all worked I may have just plugged it in and sat back. This way I have become active in this form.
I strive to keep members up to date on the progress on build 1.0.7

Kimbo
08-29-2015, 05:33 PM
I'm still try to get my head around creating a device with 2 different builds specially one that is does not provide the full potential of this device. My take as a developer is to create a device and have them all sync into the same build so that is easier to solve any issues and simultaneous future upgrades . I was lucky to have the 1.0.6 and love my device, if they are unable to fix this issues they should at least provide a patch (firmware) to the lower 1.0.6 so that the users that bought this device are not waiting to fully enjoy this device. I do know that they are working hard but at some point you have to sync all Vixo 2 to the same firmware!!! IMHO

Marley
08-29-2015, 05:55 PM
i would say so dont know why they did that but im not them bad move on there part i;m running 1.0.6 and david is gone now we have hans hope you get this fix soon avov been what a month now

Farmer1
08-29-2015, 07:19 PM
I am sure releasing these with build 1.0.7 was a total screw up
I thing build 1.0.7 should and still is in the test stage or why have they not updated them all to this build

Farmer1
08-31-2015, 05:34 PM
Starting to get a bit frustrated!!!!! This issue was first addressed by david_avov on the 08-17 and there was been no changes to the issue what so ever still missing 8 channels
They keep telling me they are working on the issue and thought they had Kodi fixed ,I would think they would have a box with build 1.0.7 to try it on so they could verify it is working
Still waiting on a reply to the email i sent them last night

Marley
08-31-2015, 06:03 PM
yea i run 1.0.6 mostly with np wish they get this mess fixed i feel for you guys i always said this is box to get dont want egg on my face come on avov get it together

Farmer1
09-01-2015, 01:01 AM
Latest update from avov

Hi There

We are still waiting for the engineering team to push out the update. Sorry about the delay but the build issue has been resolved as of yet. The team has been backlogged with work and from my understanding is that it should be up anyday now. Again, apologize for the delay.

leafs99
09-02-2015, 03:52 PM
I will assume that no firmware update has been released yet. What is the hold up? I can't see it being that difficult. Firmware updates are a regular occurrence in this high tech world of ours. I would hold off on purchasing anymore avov boxes (old or new release) until they can prove to the masses that the boxes do have support. Sales and service are 2 intangibles that should never be separated from each other. regards

Farmer1
09-02-2015, 04:15 PM
last update is that i am sending my box back kind of sucks i have to pay the shipping back
Just guessing but suspect they are just going to refresh it back to 1.0.6

Hello,

so I believe it would be best for you to send your box in for RMA, I do not want you to wait any longer. If you can send the box back to us, we will cover the shipping back to you. At the moment, we are working with DHL for us to issue shipping labels so you will not have to pay for shipping. However, we have not come to an agreement with them as of yet. Let me know if you would like to wait or send the box into us.

leafs99
09-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Ya. I read your update. I hope they get it resolved. Imagine 100 plus boxes arriving on there door for just a little firmware update. Waste of time, cost to the end user, downtime for the service, and usage of the box. What will the turnaround time be before they send it back to the end user? Unless it is a hardware related issue, there should be no reason to ship a box back. thanks

Farmer1
09-02-2015, 04:34 PM
I thing the just want me off their case for a bit
If i don't have a box i can't post whats going on with it