PDA

View Full Version : alot of channels down

sat-junkie
08-25-2015, 11:55 AM
I can see the server going down for a few hours for maintenance or doing an upgrade but having the most popular channels not working is lame on a paid private service.. what kinda gets me is how secretive this whole service is..do the mods here have any clue on how this service really works?,, for being in the sat community since 2005 this whole place is weird..there is NO info at ALL on where or how they get these streams...i thought this whole iptv stalker was some kind of IKS hybrid server with real subbed boxes slinging out content..is there any mods here that can explain how this works? is this whole thing run by the Russian mob?

Bkman2020
08-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Please read the rules before posting, also you might get a vacation as well.

sat-junkie
08-25-2015, 12:39 PM
a vacation for what? wanting some knowledge?

sat-junkie
08-25-2015, 12:50 PM
Please read the rules before posting, also you might get a vacation as well.edited..and i did read the rules when i joined..didn't realize i cussed lol

Bkman2020
08-25-2015, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the edit, This iptv service is still very young i would give them a chance im sure it will improve.

mexjerry
08-25-2015, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the edit, iptv service is still very young i would give them a chance im sure it will improve.
I beg to differ, IPTV is not a young NEW service.
My wife worked for a telephone company, Matanuska Telephone, in Alaska, 20 some years, she and I were a test case for roll out of IPTV for them, we were discussing when that was, and seem to recall sometime PRIOR to 2006, this was using an Amino 110 to start, and over DSL, we were located approx. 1.1 mile from the telco hut and they were concerned about signal degradation, there published distance was under a mile from the hut, there were some glitches, but eventually, they got it sorted out. After the testing period, we were able to install a second Amino, and handle 2 boxes over DSL, with no problems.
So much for being a young, new and emerging market.
jerry

dara
08-25-2015, 06:27 PM
For the OP, the server people aren't going to publicly say where their sources are, it just gives who ever they got them from an incentive to tighten their security, whether through 'watermarking' or some other method to track it back to the subscriber. The sources aren't necessarily going to be from one type of distribution, it could be from the sky, or through a wire, through OTA terrestrial radio, or through bits on the internet. Sometimes you can figure that out by accident... you might see a bouncing icon, or a slate or an error message from an ird... but that is clearly unintentional.

IPTV is not new... but maybe is for legacy users of IKS.