PDA

View Full Version : STB Emulator - Contact Provider message

generica
08-25-2015, 02:22 AM
Hi,

So I was getting flustered with the IPTV Stalker addon and Ivue and noticed this STB Emulator.

I downloaded the APK

Version 6.12

NFPS:

ARMv7 https://mega.nz/#!0cQFVL4T!GdtGwGuiZzGOnXngEB9PfXty2y4i_nFKnovhBcN 3McQ

I then install XMTV Player and launched the app.

I changed the MAC to my donation and I got a message saying please contact provider to register your device.

What am I missing?

dara
08-25-2015, 02:38 AM
It's probably the same issue with the MAC, something is getting set on the server side that its not supposed to see. Try changing your MAC... only a one or two of the last six digits.

generica
08-25-2015, 03:08 AM
It's probably the same issue with the MAC, something is getting set on the server side that its not supposed to see. Try changing your MAC... only a one or two of the last six digits.

Ok

Looks like it is finally working, less buffering and stuttering but still happens, maybe once every 5 minutes now instead of every 30 seconds.

And I will admit that I like the interface much better.

generica
08-25-2015, 07:36 AM

Ok,

So i got this thing working the last thing left is what is the default Parental control password or how do you disable it?

tinman_hd
08-26-2015, 12:07 PM
Ok,

So i got this thing working the last thing left is what is the default Parental control password or how do you disable it?

default code 0000

generica
08-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Allot of the channels on the STB emulator not working and then the software goes back to authorization problem 'please contact provider ' is this a standard operating feature of the emultator?

How often are you guys having to change your linked MAC and do all the channels on the lineup actually work?

dara
08-26-2015, 02:43 PM
You'll continue to get the "contact provider" message if you don't have 'clean' versions of the IPTV Stalker or PVR Stalker and use them with a calling program like iVue or Renegades. I haven't verified if PVR IPTV Simple Client will have the same effect.

generica
08-27-2015, 12:03 AM
so are you saying i need to disable IPTV Stalker and the EPG Guides?

I thought STB and IPTV Stalker were totally seperate entities and not tied to each, IPTV Stalker is running under Kodi after all and STB is a standalone app no?

dara
08-27-2015, 12:45 AM
They are separate apps, however your MAC isn't The problem is because there may have been information passed by the IPTV Stalker when you used iVue that now makes your MAC unusable with the Emulators. If you don't take the measures to prevent the serial number from being sent from IPTV Stalker or the PVR Stalkler, you will eventually get the error you see on STB Emu. The server software sees the MAC, but it will appear that the MAC is being used by a 'wrong' machine.

generica
08-27-2015, 02:24 AM
Ok that makes sense,

I did actually change my MAC and linked it to the STB and it now works perfectly, the one thing though that I did not realize at first is that you have to set the media player to external and chose XMTV Player, also you should start the Player at least once so you can agree to the terms before it actually works in the STB emulator. Now everything is very nice and the quality is good, I noticed a little buffering here and there but nothing like the horrible stuff using IPTV Stalker under Kodi.

zues29
08-30-2015, 02:11 PM
I'm using stalker but want to try stb emulator how do I disable stalker in order to use stb?

dara
08-30-2015, 02:20 PM
I'm using stalker but want to try stb emulator how do I disable stalker in order to use stb?

You don't have to disable IPTV Stalker or the PVR Stalker. I don't know if you've actually tried the STBemu or the server Official Android Emulators, but as long as the Kodi add-ons were properly set to not send serial numbers you should be fine. The only reason to uninstall IPTV Stalker is if it isn't version 1.0.18, or the modified 9.0.18 I posted here.

zues29
08-30-2015, 02:33 PM
I think it was set up to send anyway to change it?

dara
08-30-2015, 02:48 PM
What do you have Kodi installed on?

zues29
08-30-2015, 02:49 PM
Fire stick

zues29
08-30-2015, 02:50 PM
I'm getting contact provider to register now since I made new profile

dara
08-30-2015, 03:01 PM
I don't have the fire stick, so I may defer on this. The key here is to first ensure that you have no add-ons sending the serial number to the server. The modified IPTV Stalker (9.0.18) prevents this, so you need to side load that onto the firestick, click on default, and if you wish to use that in the future, configure it to use a NEW MAC. You get that message as I wrote earlier in this thread because the MAC at the server has serial number info that is preventing the STBemu from authenticating. If you only want to use STBemu going forward, you'll still need a new MAC, and don't use PVR Stalker or IPTV Stalker.

zues29
08-30-2015, 03:04 PM
We're can I download 9.0.18

dara
08-30-2015, 03:10 PM
We're can I download 9.0.18

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?7379-Modified-IPTV-Stalker-(9-0-18)-iVue-compatible

zues29
08-30-2015, 03:49 PM
I don't see download link

dara
08-30-2015, 03:50 PM
Plain as day. It's a zip. You're on your own on loading it to your firestick, or ask in that forum.

generica
09-01-2015, 01:21 AM
Well it was nice for a while ..

:)

Getting back to authorization failure messages on the simulator and unusable signal on the stalker ...

I guess you really need to find the best time of day to watch tv, but for the STB do I really need to start changing my linked MAC weekly ?

zues29
09-03-2015, 01:32 PM
If mac is issue and I get new mac it won't be the same as my fire stick and I thought I had to use that mac .I have stalker and stb on same fire stick and want to be able to switch between the 2 but stalker works but stb doesn't I turned off send serial on stalker but stb still gives me contact provider.

Bkman2020
09-03-2015, 01:43 PM
I have 2 android devices running same apk i havent touched the settings since first time setup both devices work perfect.

zues29
09-03-2015, 03:00 PM
I'm trying to run both stb and stalker on one fire stick

dara
09-03-2015, 03:17 PM
zues29, you'll need a new MAC in order to run both the STB Emu and Kodi apps, and turn off sending the serial number all apps. The modified IPTV Stalker 9.0.19 has it off, the PVR Stalker NFPS is off, and STB Emu also is by default not sending the serial number.

generica
09-04-2015, 12:39 AM
Hi dara,

I see you are doing some great work out there, so you are still working on the IVue right?

for using both STB and Kodi Add-on on the same device, I usually force stop one or the other so only one is running at a time.

eureka
10-19-2015, 07:44 PM
Now that we've to send serial number how do we configure the emulator? I've configured the Kodi video addon & the pvr client with all the required credentials & they both work fine but now even why I disable both I get the Contact Provider message on the emulator no matter what details I change - serial number/send serial number/device ID etc. Is it the case that we can't use the emu any more?

dara
10-19-2015, 08:07 PM
I suspected that this would be the case. It looks like you'll have to make a choice between the dedicated STBs, the emulators or Kodi add-ons, as they handle the serial numbers and other info diferently.

eureka
10-19-2015, 08:20 PM
I suspected that this would be the case. It looks like you'll have to make a choice between the dedicated STBs, the emulators or Kodi add-ons, as they handle the serial numbers and other info diferently.
Thanks Dara I was just curious more than anything else. I suppose the majority who use the emulator use it as a substitute for Kodi anyway.

dara
10-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Its too bad, because the emulator is the only method outside the STBs to get to the VoD collection. There is a way to enter the Serial Number, but the Device ID setting is confusing, and there is no way to enter the Signature. Maybe mvas will let us know how to do this with NFPS/Papaio services, but he has to keep it generic as well for other providers.

dara
10-19-2015, 08:53 PM
With the new serial number requirement, I could get an emulator going with a simple serial number with 13 digits, set the Device Id to the MAC generated version, and set the emulator to send that to the server. However that MAC can't be used with the Kodi addons then, as there is no way to figure out what the Device Id, Device Id2 and Signature without a specification.

eureka
10-19-2015, 09:17 PM
With the new serial number requirement, I could get an emulator going with a simple serial number with 13 digits, set the Device Id to the MAC generated version, and set the emulator to send that to the server. However that MAC can't be used with the Kodi addons then, as there is no way to figure out what the Device Id, Device Id2 and Signature without a specification.
Would temporarily changing your MAC address & serial number just when using the emulator & changing back to the original already populated in the Kodi clients after shutting the emulator down work? I suppose there's only one way to find out - I'll give it a whirl.

dara
10-19-2015, 09:22 PM
Would temporarily changing your MAC address & serial number just when using the emulator & changing back to the original already populated in the Kodi clients after shutting the emulator down work? I suppose there's only one way to find out - I'll give it a whirl.

That should work. There's a chance that you might get a "MAC address already in use" when you switch back and forth, but its possible that the server doesn't automatically clean out the old MAC right away.

eureka
10-19-2015, 10:16 PM
That should work. There's a chance that you might get a "MAC address already in use" when you switch back and forth, but its possible that the server doesn't automatically clean out the old MAC right away.
That worked fine Dara after restarting the emulator a couple of times to get the settings to take, but after that launched & exited a few times without any delays. The only real problem was as soon as I exited emulator, changed MAC address back to the original & opened Kodi I got the Unable to load Channels error but after disabling & enabling live TV they loaded no problem.

doingok37
12-21-2015, 07:05 PM
I guys got my T8 Pro android 5.1.1 working on the STB Emulator and love it, but trying to setup a friends at mine and cannot get it to work on this MX Box? Checked setting refreshed this MAC and so on, question 1 does the app generate the id and serial number? question 2 could it be picking up my Ip address though i have the pvr stalker client working not trying to run both at the same time kodi closed of course.

Help please cheers

Edit: this what i did for my T8 pro downloaded the Stb from google play store, the demo working so i changed the portal to http://iptvprivateserver.tv but the mac address in send id, refreshed the mac address done. The mx is just looking look its trying to connect, did the same thing.

Nickybhoy
01-07-2016, 02:35 AM
Anyone getting any further with this? Doingok?

I am trying to setup an M8 box to run stb emulator for my rocket subscription. I have it running fine on a kodi install using the stalker but would like this to work as well as the stalker client in kodi is doing a weird fast forward to live tv after about 10 minutes into viewing a channel. The stb emulator test portal works fine constantly.

In the stb emulator I get a contact service provider message - I believe I have setup all the necessary config items.

cheers troops

big dady
01-07-2016, 02:56 AM
You need to re-link your mac if you're coming from kodi

doingok37
01-10-2016, 09:20 AM
I have done 20 boxes and yes its still a pain

download stb emulator change address to mine was 11.iptvp bah bah bah

Change to your mac address so say 00:1A:78 BAH BAH BAH i ONLY CHANGED MY MACS 2 TIMES OUT OF 20?

ID important part i have found is that the bottom reset our id number and tick send

Now refresh your mac address go back in after a few min so the mac has time to refresh

Good luck