PDA

View Full Version : HDMI video with no sound/// Cinch cable with sound but no video

Dino
01-26-2015, 10:03 PM
So as the title suggests I have a problem... when I hook my mag254 with HDMI I have great quality video, but no sound, and when I plug it via cinch cable (red-white-yellow) it gives me only sound and the screen shows "no signal" message... I tried changing audio settings to almost any combination... but no avail.... There is a way to plugin external speakers via cinches and HDMI to TV but is there any suggestions on how to make the HDMI do it????

Thanks in advance.

paxxx
01-26-2015, 10:09 PM
I would suggest trying another cable...

So as the title suggests I have a problem... when I hook my mag254 with HDMI I have great quality video, but no sound, and when I plug it via cinch cable (red-white-yellow) it gives me only sound and the screen shows "no signal" message... I tried changing audio settings to almost any combination... but no avail.... There is a way to plugin external speakers via cinches and HDMI to TV but is there any suggestions on how to make the HDMI do it????

Thanks in advance.

Dino
01-26-2015, 10:35 PM
Yeah, funny as it sounds it's not cable related problem...

Marley
01-26-2015, 10:43 PM
hdmi is cable related for sound but i tried a few and all working could be in setting for you or turn up sound

vimonty
01-26-2015, 11:00 PM
Try another HDMI port and make sure the cable go all the way in,

crazed 9.6
01-26-2015, 11:34 PM
If that HDMI still won't get audio....
Along with that HDMI connection, also connect an optic cable for audio (S/PDIF).

To get video thru the RCA connections....
connect the HDMI cable again. Then go into menu/settings and change the resolution to 420.. then back out and reconnect the RCa cables (red.white and yellow). Then your RCA cable connections will have audio and video.

mjjk
01-27-2015, 11:03 PM
In system settings Video/F1 More/ HDMI/DMI box should read HDMI not DVI. then reboot, this corrected my no audio problem. this might help