PDA

View Full Version : How to integrate an EPG into PVR IPTV Simple Client using IPTV Stalker

Pages : [1] 2

dara
05-05-2015, 03:02 AM
Go here for new method: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?16508-How-to-get-epg-ninja-with-PVR-IPTV-Simple-Client-and-IPTV-Stalker-Papiao-(New)

---

Manual configuration:

This tutorial assumes you already installed the IPTV Stalker.

1. Verify M3U Server is enabled and set to Port 8899: Go to config-> M3U Server (tab over to right beyond Parental). You can click Start if you want, but just once is fine. Exit settings, go to Portal 1 and clear cache using the context menu. Click into the portal, and select "All" to load the channels. (May not actually be required for Server only operation)

2. Go to the Add-on Browser and locate the "PVR IPTV Simple Client"

3. Configure the client as follows:

In General, Set Location to "Remote Path (Internet address)"
Set "M3U PLAY LIST URL" to:

http://localhost:8899/channels.html?portal=1
"channels.m3u" can be used instead of "channels.html"
Enable "Cache m3u at local storage"

b. If you have a guide url, use the EPG Settings tab to enter the settings. [See above link for automated setup]

4. Click OK, Enable PVR IPTV Simple Client

5. Disable other PVR clients if previously enabled. Multiple clients can be used but you will end up with a blended channel list.

6. Disable and re-enable Live TV. You should see channels load, then the EPG. If you don't see a load for the EPG, try "Reset the EPG database" from the TV-Settings page.

7. If you don't get an initial load at all (i.e. no TV on main Kodi page), try exiting Kodi, and re-enter. This may take a few attempts.

You should be able to leave Kodi, and on reentry, Kodi should be able to restart the LiveTV on its own. If you restart Kodi and the channels don't load, try disable/enable LiveTV.

dara
05-05-2015, 03:45 AM
Don't forget to change the EPG Time Shift appropriate to your location. ********** is set at UTC+0.

JLVines
05-05-2015, 04:43 AM
Don't forget to change the EPG Time Shift appropriate to your location. The data is set for Eastern Time (USA)

So, since I'm on CST (Central Time), I should set it to -1.00? I've tried -1.00 and +1.00, but the EPG didnt change even after restarting.

bubbs16
05-05-2015, 04:50 AM
i cannot get past 1.0.7 iptv stalker

got it.

JLVines
05-05-2015, 04:54 AM
i cannot get past 1.0.7 iptv stalker

Download this:

https://github.com/esxbr/plugin.video.stalker/archive/master.zip

System>Addons>Install from zip

psycon
05-05-2015, 07:40 AM
So, since I'm on CST (Central Time), I should set it to -1.00? I've tried -1.00 and +1.00, but the EPG didnt change even after restarting.

This is a known issue with IPTV simple pvr, Try resetting Kodi's pvr database in settings > TV >Guide after changing your timzeone.

Ideally someone can set up an xmltv custom grabber. maybe webgrab plus. to grab the data we need

Ivue seems like it needs to be updated again, i am getting no program info for all channels again.

neiland67
05-05-2015, 08:55 AM
I have a problem getting anything to work now,was working perfect yesterday today nothing,ive tried the guide Psycon/pocpoc put up to try to set it it up the new way but nothing,ive updated the stalker addon to 1.0.11 ive done the iptv simple client set up ,enabled it,disabled iptv stalker enabled/disabled live tv reset database etc but nothing is happening just a no programme information and no channels load,this is on my windows pc,

ps. had my amazon fire tv working great as well yesterday with the ivue guide and stalker but today is empty nothing happening,i haven't updated the iptv stalker plugin addon on my fire tv yet so that may be the problem but I will wait to see if anyone can kindly help me figure out how to get this great addon working again,fingers crossed

ps can someone just guide me as to which stalker I should disable/enable for this as this may be were im going wrong is it the 1.0.11 or the 0.6 dvbken one I need to disable confirgure correctly along with the simple client settings it driving me round the bend,sorry for the long post

psycon
05-05-2015, 03:13 PM
change url to
http://tecbox.tv/repo/teciptvguide/stalker.xml . no need for ivue plugin

dara
05-05-2015, 03:34 PM
change url to
http://tecbox.tv/repo/teciptvguide/stalker.xml . no need for ivue plugin

Will do. I was waiting for a fresh update to check on what timezone adjustment actually works. It may be mixed, unfortunately. I know there's a way to create your own epg as well, I think someone posted it here.

psycon
05-05-2015, 04:08 PM
disable PVR . Reset your pvr database and set to this url. then reenable... Works great for me with an offset of -3 for pacific. all data loading and proper times.

leafs99
05-05-2015, 04:51 PM
I'm confused with this line (Start the M3U Server: Go to config-> M3U Server -> START (PRESS ONLY ONE TIME). I loaded the iptv stalker 1.0.11 but whenever i press on the configure option all i see is parental and portal options. The portal options are already preconfigured with the proper url. How do i start the m3u server? regards

PVRUser
05-05-2015, 05:02 PM
I'm confused with this line (Start the M3U Server: Go to config-> M3U Server -> START (PRESS ONLY ONE TIME). I loaded the iptv stalker 1.0.11 but whenever i press on the configure option all i see is parental and portal options. The portal options are already preconfigured with the proper url. How do i start the m3u server? regards

Then, you probably don't have the latest version. Verify if you have 1.0.11. It happened to me. I had 1.0.3 and even if I uninstalled it and installed 1.0.11, it still showed 1.0.3. I had to manually install it.

PVRUser
05-05-2015, 05:05 PM
If we don't need the iVue TV Guide plugin anymore, the line "You will also link to provided data from TecBox, who is also feeding the iVue TV Guide." should be removed from Post #1 to avoid confusion.

dara
05-05-2015, 05:13 PM
If we don't need the iVue TV Guide plugin anymore, the line "You will also link to provided data from TecBox, who is also feeding the iVue TV Guide." should be removed from Post #1 to avoid confusion.

I don't see any need for it, as I no longer refer to instructions for their TV Guide. I'm acknowledging their work on it, without that guide, there probably wouldn't be a data file to work with.

dara
05-05-2015, 05:16 PM

If you are actually on 1.0.11, on the settings page, you tab over beyond Parental.

coop75
05-05-2015, 05:18 PM
If you don't mind me asking what is the advantage of this method rather than the method of using the iVue TV Guide epg program.

Appreciate all the work you guys are doing.

psycon
05-05-2015, 05:20 PM
it uses Kodis built in EPG system, so follows Kodis skinning interface.. and loads much faster. and grabs metadata for the shows. (images, episode info, etc, you can also map channel up/down buttons to channel surf.)

coop75
05-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Brilliant thanks, will give it a go.

date
05-05-2015, 05:24 PM
The question is , will all this work after NFPS implements the authentication of serial and Mac for each device.

dara
05-05-2015, 05:28 PM
If you don't mind me asking what is the advantage of this method rather than the method of using the iVue TV Guide epg program.

Appreciate all the work you guys are doing.

I think its going to be a preference thing. For example, the PVR in Kodi (Simple or Stalker) will provide a way to record shows if allowed by the server, and is closer to a set-box experience, such as direct access by channel number. PVRs still require a data feed for EPG data. In the future, everyone hopes that NFPS/Rocket will provide that.

Using the iVue TV Guide is more like a browser, but will need intermediary add-ons, like IPTV Stalker, to work. Its probably a little easier to use, but maybe less flexible.

psycon
05-05-2015, 05:56 PM
The question is , will all this work after NFPS implements the authentication of serial and Mac for each device.

I have faith that it will.. pocpoc has already implemented MAC and serial authentication at the channel level, and i believe it has been tested to work already.

Marley
05-05-2015, 06:33 PM
you really think thats all it will be MAC and serial authentication

psycon
05-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Thats all most servers seem to use.. even if they add a different type of authentication, stalker middleware is open sourced. if it can be done with STB emu, it can be done with Kodi, would just need to be coded. i mean sure, they can do something to break Kodi.. but why would they,,, its the best looking client. looks much better than STB emu, and has a working EPG when no other client/hardware does. its acceptance should increase revenue.... i know plenty of people that like the idea of free tv.. but when they see the GUI of a Mag device or STB emu, they refuse as the interface looks like something outta 1997. they would be doing a great disservice to their clients by breaking these plugins IMHO.

jrry_grz
05-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Hi can this be done on Mag 254?

coop75
05-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Followed the instructions but getting script error when trying to start the IPTV Stalker m3u Server so therefore Live TV doesn't appear as an option on the Kodi home screen.

Checked all urls are correct.

dog09
05-05-2015, 06:51 PM
my version says 1.062 i loaded latest file 1.07 try force refresh, so how do i update to latest version

dara
05-05-2015, 06:55 PM
my version says 1.062 i loaded latest file 1.07 try force refresh, so how do i update to latest version

You need to dump the repository that it is on to get the 1.0.11 to work (probably SuperRepo).

dara
05-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Hi can this be done on Mag 254?

No, its a Kodi solution only. Kodi can't run on a Mag254, to the best of our knowledge.

date
05-05-2015, 09:14 PM
Thats all most servers seem to use.. even if they add a different type of authentication, stalker middleware is open sourced. if it can be done with STB emu, it can be done with Kodi, would just need to be coded. i mean sure, they can do something to break Kodi.. but why would they,,, its the best looking client. looks much better than STB emu, and has a working EPG when no other client/hardware does. its acceptance should increase revenue.... i know plenty of people that like the idea of free tv.. but when they see the GUI of a Mag device or STB emu, they refuse as the interface looks like something outta 1997. they would be doing a great disservice to their clients by breaking these plugins IMHO.

You made a good point to me " increase revenue " but haven't you wondered why they don't allow talking about this method on their official forum, if they were serious about allowing of using kodi/xbmc with their ps then they would have allowed testing this method and also accepting feedback about it but the fact they would not allow it on their official forum makes me to be discouraged investing anymore time on this method since I consider it something very temporarily.
It comes down to each individual to what he prefers.

psycon
05-05-2015, 09:44 PM
The reason they dont talk about it on their main forum is because they are worried it will not work when it goes paid and they turn on authentication. and dont want to have a bunch of angry customers... I understand their concern, i just have more faith in the devs i guess. If other servers already work. its likely theirs will too,, and if not, it would just require a fix.. but theya re the ones who would have to do damage control in the event there is an outage... also, to be more clear they have allowed talk about it, just dont want any threads opened with the main focus about it as of yet to get peoples hopes up...

soldertech24
05-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Most likely the server will be separate for real time epg info

jansh84
05-05-2015, 10:47 PM
Why are the channel logos missing in the IPTV Simple client?

date
05-05-2015, 11:36 PM
@ psycon, I am with you since believe and I like the versatility access to ps.
Only time will tell if that will be allowed.

Marley
05-06-2015, 03:35 AM
never count your chickens before they hatch but its sure is nice to run this now

psycon
05-06-2015, 04:09 AM
IT would be bad if the plugins stopped working, ill agree, but only for NFPS, since the plugins already work with other servers. remember, its a stalker client, not a just a NFPS client..

Marley
05-06-2015, 04:14 AM
thats why things are adding up to me :)

psycon
05-06-2015, 04:20 AM
anyhow. to get back on topic.. has anyone tried any different xmltv sources? or tried messing with webgrab plus or something similar to buid a moore complete data set?

Are there any free sources of Dishnet/ Bell / Sky EPG data, most i see you have to pay for, which isnt a problem really if it means a full guide.

Aslo, it seems that this guide is not as complete as when using ivue.. likely due to slight differences in the channel names on the server and xmltv file, that the ivue guide plugin has compensated for

DualTest
05-06-2015, 12:20 PM
anyhow. to get back on topic.. has anyone tried any different xmltv sources? or tried messing with webgrab plus or something similar to buid a moore complete data set?

Are there any free sources of Dishnet/ Bell / Sky EPG data, most i see you have to pay for, which isnt a problem really if it means a full guide.

Aslo, it seems that this guide is not as complete as when using ivue.. likely due to slight differences in the channel names on the server and xmltv file, that the ivue guide plugin has compensated for

Awhile ago I was building my own epg in this thread. I just used a London, Toronto and Buffalo postal/zip code and it is free.
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?1989-EPG-and-NFPS

SMok3dOUT
05-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Once you have the simple client M3u server running properly, you can revert back to an older version of the stalker addon, and use ivue guide together with the M3u server...

psycon
05-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Awhile ago I was building my own epg in this thread. I just used a London, Toronto and Buffalo postal/zip code and it is free.
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?1989-EPG-and-NFPS

Have you tried setting it up with all the channels yet? care to share what you came up with?

DualTest
05-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Have you tried setting it up with all the channels yet? care to share what you came up with?

Here was the last chl lists that I used.

kizer8
05-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Anybody know why this only works for me if I disable and reenable Live TV in System -> Settings? I have to do this every time to get the channels and EPG to get loaded. I am using 1.0.13.

kizer8
05-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Why are the channel logos missing in the IPTV Simple client?

I too don't see logos..Anyway to get them to show up?

dara
05-06-2015, 06:21 PM
Anybody know why this only works for me if I disable and reenable Live TV in System -> Settings? I have to do this every time to get the channels and EPG to get loaded. I am using 1.0.13.

Did you enable Cache in local storage for both m3u and epg? Also, there may be a timing issue internal to the m3u server, it may not be coming up as quickly as it should.

dara
05-06-2015, 06:24 PM
I too don't see logos..Anyway to get them to show up?

Logos aren't currently served through IPTV Stalker to the IPTV PVR Simple Client. It may need a code change.

kizer8
05-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Did you enable Cache in local storage for both m3u and epg? Also, there may be a timing issue internal to the m3u server, it may not be coming up as quickly as it should.

Thanks for the reply. I have both of them set NOT to cache to load storage.. Anyway to fix the timing issue or a direction to go toward to fix?

psycon
05-06-2015, 07:20 PM
For more complete EPG info unzip and replace this file in /userdata/addon_data/plugin.stalker.video. Then reset the PVR database in settings>TV.General and reenable iptv simple client.

kizer8
05-06-2015, 07:30 PM
For more complete Guide info unzip and replace this file in /userdata/addon_data/plugin.stalker.video

Thanks, but what is this and what do I do with it in the settings? Is this static?

psycon
05-06-2015, 08:26 PM
its semi static i think.. not sure.. treid deleteing it and it wasnt recreated.... and has survived several restarts for me. i think if any channels are added it may change though.

dara
05-06-2015, 09:03 PM
The file will go away if you do a cache refresh.

psycon
05-07-2015, 05:02 AM
Here was the last chl lists that I used. Thanks for this. just what i needed!

http://iptvtalk.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=515&d=1430923829

OK so i figured out how to use mc2xml. so we can grab our own xmltv data on demand, it can give up to 14 days worth of EPG info too

anyone care to do a tedious task and edit the attached files and append ":stalkerchannelname" to each line without quotes (append the names as they appear in the stalker channel list)

so they look something like

ABC:ABC New York
CBS:CBS New York
USA:USA Network East

This will be used to rename the channels in the xmltv data when its grabbed so it matches the stalker plugin and can populate the EPG

kizer8
05-07-2015, 12:35 PM

Anyway to fix the timing issue or a direction to go toward to fix?

DualTest
05-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Thanks for this. just what i needed!

OK so i figured out how to use mc2xml. so we can grab our own xmltv data on demand, it can give up to 14 days worth of EPG info too

anyone care to do a tedious task and edit the attached files and append ":stalkerchannelname" to each line without quotes (append the names as they appear in the stalker channel list)

This will be used to rename the channels in the xmltv data when its grabbed so it matches the stalker plugin and can populate the EPG

I may have time for that latter today or tomorrow.

dara
05-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Anyway to fix the timing issue or a direction to go toward to fix?

The newer versions addressed the timing issue.

kizer8
05-07-2015, 03:11 PM
The newer versions addressed the timing issue.

Thx for the reply, but I am running 1.0.16 which is the newest. I have Kodi running on windows, but it won't load the stalker channels until I enable/disable live TV everytime when I start Kodi.

DualTest
05-07-2015, 03:15 PM
I haven't tested these yet. But I added some channels and added ren files to rename the UK and US channels that are different.

dara
05-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Thx for the reply, but I am running 1.0.16 which is the newest. I have Kodi running on windows, but it won't load the stalker channels until I enable/disable live TV everytime when I start Kodi.

The load is not instantaneous. Try waiting a minute or two to see if it comes up. PVR in Kodi is a work-in-progress, and supposedly, there are improvements in Insengard. Remember, there are lots of moving parts with this implementation, and just getting an EPG working with NFPS is a huge bonus.

kizer8
05-07-2015, 03:32 PM
The load is not instantaneous. Try waiting a minute or two to see if it comes up. PVR in Kodi is a work-in-progress, and supposedly, there are improvements in Insengard. Remember, there are lots of moving parts with this implementation, and just getting an EPG working with NFPS is a huge bonus.

Thx for the reply. I opened a new Kodi and waited 10 min, but stalker channels did not load until I disabled/enabled Live TV in System -> Settings.

Juliushell
05-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Mine sometimes load when i open it, and some other, i have to disable and reenable to make it work, might be a bug.

dara
05-07-2015, 04:29 PM
It may be a bug. Just me, its not that big of a deal to disable/enable, as I do that all the time with other PVRs, its just that way with LiveTV.

crazyxbmc
05-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Hello this is just wat I have been wanting I have followed the instuctions in post 1 over and over and for some reason my guide is blank the channels all work just no guide can surf everything but no guide im running kodi 14.2 on a android box and have the latest version of iptv stalker as of this morning I think the last version is .16 any ideals what I should try next epg says it loads but cant see no info

kizer8
05-07-2015, 04:49 PM
It may be a bug. Just me, its not that big of a deal to disable/enable, as I do that all the time with other PVRs, its just that way with LiveTV.

Thx, just wanted to make sure it wasn't only me.

crazyxbmc
05-07-2015, 06:44 PM
nope not just you it's driving me nuts as I know it must be something I missed.

jcastera
05-07-2015, 08:15 PM
The EPG is not loading because of an issue with settings.xml in userdata/addon_data/pvr.iptvsimple/. Simply open the settings.xml file and edit line 7, replacing it with below. There is an extra space in that line. EPG will load fine after/

<setting id="epgUrl" value="http://tecbox.tv/repo/teciptvguide/stalker.xml" />

dara
05-07-2015, 09:04 PM
The EPG is not loading because of an issue with settings.xml in userdata/addon_data/pvr.iptvsimple/. Simply open the settings.xml file and edit line 7, replacing it with below. There is an extra space in that line. EPG will load fine after/

<setting id="epgUrl" value="http://tecbox.tv/repo/teciptvguide/stalker.xml" />

I think you get that error if you c/p the entire line in the first post. I'll fix it, just in case you use the Ctrl-c/Ctrl-v method instead of typing.

jcastera
05-07-2015, 11:28 PM
I think you get that error if you c/p the entire line in the first post. I'll fix it, just in case you use the Ctrl-c/Ctrl-v method instead of typing.

Yeah, I think I used CP/Paste. Only issue I have is the EPG only showing the channels that have metadata populated. Maybe I fiddled with the settings.

psycon
05-08-2015, 03:49 AM
For anyone interested I set up an xmltv grabber so you can create your own xmltv file.. Currently it has 107 channels populated and is still a WIP. see here http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2940-NFPS-xmltv-EPG-Grabber

j2048b
05-08-2015, 06:33 PM
ok quick issue i cannot figure out:

i dont have the iptv simple client on my kodi any longer, i had it active, decativated it, and poof it disapeared,

so where can i get the iptv simple client dvr addon again? i cant find it anywhere

its no longer listed in my pvr add on's under the disabled addons list

jlitwinetz
05-08-2015, 08:34 PM
kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IPTV_Simple_Client you can try to reinstall it there is a link on that page for zip

j2048b
05-08-2015, 08:50 PM
kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IPTV_Simple_Client

already tried that to no avail.... dependencies not met with ever zip i tried from github.... really not sure what to do to get it back now?

jlitwinetz
05-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Im not too sure but you can always do a clean install of Kodi

I just installed the latest IPTV Stalker version 1.0.18 and configured EPG per instructions. Seem to work fine.. Much better program info than Ivue. Thanks to all who contributed.

dara
05-09-2015, 05:19 AM
Updated post #1. The EPG team recommends a new link! If changing from the i-vue data, set time zone shift to 0, reset PVR and EPG data, and restart LiveTV.

psycon
05-09-2015, 06:04 AM
People pulling directly from the URL may still need to set a timeshift, not sure. the list is pulled in pacific time.

DarkSide
05-09-2015, 06:08 AM
very right!!! i had mine still at -3... and it was off

DarkSide
05-09-2015, 06:25 AM
looks like epg set to '0' is good... reset the epg database and the dvr database and it looks good here, i think! lol

**for pacific**

0adbylad
05-09-2015, 08:09 AM
re IPTV Stalker
Ive got version 1.0.62
But all ive got in config tabs
is
Portal/Parental
Iv got no epg
iam in the UK not that this matters
But am i on the wrong track ?

dara
05-09-2015, 08:49 AM
re IPTV Stalker
Ive got version 1.0.62
But all ive got in config tabs
is
Portal/Parental
Iv got no epg
iam in the UK not that this matters
But am i on the wrong track ?

Carefully read the first line of the tutorial... you need to have 1.0.11 or greater.

neiland67
05-09-2015, 10:24 AM
finally managed to get this set up with the latest 1.0.18 zip and the latest Epg guide looking great however quite a few channels stay on working etc for 30 sec plus but wont open,i know this is a work in progress but just interested to know if others are getting this happening

0adbylad
05-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Carefully read the first line of the tutorial... you need to have 1.0.11 or greater.

re IPTV Stalker
Ive got version 1.0.62

surely the above version is higher than 1.0.11 that you quoted
Uninstalled IPTV Stalker
installed master zip
confifed all
you then get "update available" this takes you to the above version 1.0.62 where you lose the extra configs as in the first post

crazyxbmc
05-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Thank you all for the work you all have put into this imho I think this is the best new add on to kodi to come out in a vary long time hope it last along time but that will depend on the server putting out the channels

date
05-09-2015, 12:07 PM
0ad the latest version from post one is 1.0.17 install it from zipped and don't update it.

dara
05-09-2015, 01:35 PM
re IPTV Stalker
Ive got version 1.0.62

surely the above version is higher than 1.0.11 that you quoted
Uninstalled IPTV Stalker
installed master zip
confifed all
you then get "update available" this takes you to the above version 1.0.62 where you lose the extra configs as in the first post

.62 was a post by MetalKettle, which caused versions .7 and above to not be erased. You need to force refresh his repo, or get rid of newer SuperRepo repositories that may have that.

kizer8
05-09-2015, 01:41 PM
Can someone please help me understand what time shift I should use if I am using the new http://bit.do/NFPSEPG as my XMLTV URL if I am in CENTRAL time zone? I have tried 0, -1, -2, 1 and 2, but the EPG guide is always off.

woodtearl
05-09-2015, 01:55 PM
.62 was a post by MetalKettle, which caused versions .7 and above to not be erased. You need to force refresh his repo, or get rid of newer SuperRepo repositories that may have that.

i too have this issue . disabled mk repo and uninstall superrepo. deleted plugin.video.stalker folder. deleted both versions of plugin .18 & .62. reinstall .18. same thing 'update available ' which in .62. seems i cant get rid 0f .62

jlitwinetz
05-09-2015, 03:40 PM
3 works on the east coast. was having some difficultly with the epg only showing 8 channels when I changed the number. Finally changed it in settings file in iptv simple client user data to 3.000000 so, 2.000000 should work for central. The number must be exact I think.
Had to delete settings in iptv simple client and reset epg and pvr data also. Use notepad to open file and edit/ save as settings.xml drop down file type to all files.

Im trying to have a group of just movie channels and can see how to add group but can not figure out how to add channels to the group? edit figured it out in channel manager in live tv settings group management

dara
05-09-2015, 03:59 PM
Can someone please help me understand what time shift I should use if I am using the new "ALWAYS CODE EXTERNAL LINKS" as my XMLTV URL if I am in CENTRAL time zone? I have tried 0, -1, -2, 1 and 2, but the EPG guide is always off.

It should be set to 0 for all time zones. Make sure you reset the EPG from LiveTv before using. Which channel(s) do you see are off?
--
Come to think of it, it may be set for West Coast North America (Pacific). If you are off, go to the plus side if you are east.

psycon
05-09-2015, 06:38 PM
bt.do/NFPSEPG has been updated with more channels. Purge your EPG and PVR Database to load them.

xbmconnect
05-10-2015, 01:17 AM
what timezone for pacific time California... im tried -3 hours off & 3+ hours and cant seem to get it right. im using bit.do... as i cant get ivue guide xml to work.

dara
05-10-2015, 01:59 AM
You set the offset to 0, like the instruction say.

Marley
05-10-2015, 02:57 AM
time to do another video

thenameless
05-10-2015, 03:14 AM
what timezone for pacific time California... im tried -3 hours off & 3+ hours and cant seem to get it right. im using bit.do... as i cant get ivue guide xml to work.

im having same issue. I am using the new link and im in usa on the west coast. i had to use -7 to get the right times

psycon
05-10-2015, 05:07 AM
Sorry. forgot to mention. i made a change so the listings are now in UTC. Everyone will have to offset from there.

0adbylad
05-10-2015, 09:03 AM
i too have this issue . disabled mk repo and uninstall superrepo. deleted plugin.video.stalker folder. deleted both versions of plugin .18 & .62. reinstall .18. same thing 'update available ' which in .62. seems i cant get rid 0f .62

Reinstall Kodi mate :)

0adbylad
05-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Sorry. forgot to mention. i made a change so the listings are now in UTC. Everyone will have to offset from there.

For us in other parts of the world
Whats UTC ?

Capt.Kangaroo
05-10-2015, 09:13 AM
For us in other parts of the world
Whats UTC ?

Universal Time Coordinated

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

woodtearl
05-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Reinstall Kodi mate :)

i did and all is well now

crazyxbmc
05-10-2015, 04:22 PM
OK I gotta ask whats the odds of getting logos added to this guide and channel list and if they are already there can I be pointed in the right direction i'm using the bit.do list and can't say it to many times great work by all who put in the hours and work. Edit: scratch this post I have it figured out google is my friend for sure.

sneakk
05-11-2015, 04:10 AM
new to all of this, hoping someone can help me out, where do i get the MAC ID from? I'm running Kodi on a Mac Mini, do i use that MAC ID?

psycon
05-11-2015, 04:16 AM
@crazyxbmc. someone posted a pack of Logos here a while back.. You could tell iptv simple client to use those perhaps., may have to do a lot of file renaming though..

Im not going to bother with that.. Something coming soon that will make that redundant.

psycon
05-11-2015, 04:19 AM
new to all of this, hoping someone can help me out, where do i get the MAC ID from? I'm running Kodi on a Mac Mini, do i use that MAC ID?

You dont have to set one.. if you want to tho just make one up following this: 00:1A:79:XX:XX:XX (only change the last three pairs to hex values 0-9 A-F)

sneakk
05-11-2015, 04:39 AM
You dont have to set one.. if you want to tho just make one up following this: 00:1A:79:XX:XX:XX (only change the last three pairs to hex values 0-9 A-F)

Thank you i got it working

kizer8
05-11-2015, 12:32 PM
@crazyxbmc. someone posted a pack of Logos here a while back.. You could tell iptv simple client to use those perhaps., may have to do a lot of file renaming though..

Im not going to bother with that.. Something coming soon that will make that redundant.

Sorry, but can you elaborate a little what new is coming?

kizer8
05-11-2015, 01:03 PM
I was curious if using the bit.do site if I should use ""cache xmltv at local storage" in the EPG tab for the PVR simple client?

dara
05-11-2015, 02:10 PM
I was curious if using the bit.do site if I should use ""cache xmltv at local storage" in the EPG tab for the PVR simple client?

You should, because if there is no data at startup, Kodi may choke. Those pesky timing issues with the PVR and IPTV Stalker.

podgod
05-11-2015, 04:16 PM

I ripped these last week when setting up the iVue guide, so there may be a few new channels missing. Worth a shot.
https://m.sendspace.com/file/az3b98

Just ignore the studios folder, that's different. The Stalker logos folder is a direct rip from the server

psycon
05-11-2015, 04:29 PM
Yeah, that looks like a lot of work.

Shipwreck
05-11-2015, 05:06 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!! I am totally blown away by all the awesome work being done here. I seriously just had to reschedule an important meeting because I got so caught up reading all this that I didn't realize the time and missed the meeting for today LOL. Huge kudos to everyone working their butts off here.

I just want to clarify.... I am going to be totally wiping my hard drive and reinstalling everything later today. I just wanted to make sure that the original post here has been edited and updated with new info and links so I can just follow those without having to go through the pages here and do the added steps that have been updated as work progressed... Is this correct? Once I get this all set up I look forward to jumping in and helping out as much as I can.

Also, this is off topic... Once I get this all set up on my system I want to be able to copy what I have over to my sister and mother's systems. Is there a backup/copy addon or something I can use for that? If so and someone can provide a link it would be greatly appreciated.

dara
05-11-2015, 05:49 PM
@Shipwreck, the instructions are good, and I adjust them as necessary. As far as copying what you do, it depends on what your system is, as there is a user-accessable folder where your add-ons and userdata are, and you can just copy that over to a similar system that has kodi on it. Read this:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Backup.

Basically on a PC it's at "C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi" . Just have to copy that after you install Kodi.

psycon
05-11-2015, 05:50 PM
OP here is accurate.. also get the latest version of iptv stalker from its thread's OP..

Google kodi backup, there are solutions on their wiki

sneakk
05-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Is there a way to set a program to record? I tried to hit record and it said PVR backend does not support timers.

psycon
05-11-2015, 10:03 PM
At this time no. the pvr plugins would require an update for that..
It is possibly in future plans for pvr.stalker.
Unsure about IPTV stalker as it uses a 3rd party plugin (iptv simple client) for the pvr, which hasn't been updated in almost a year, so i think its unlikely.

crazyxbmc
05-12-2015, 01:15 AM
Thanks I have downloaded like 3 sets to get most all logos

Chromboxer
05-12-2015, 01:31 AM
Thank for all the info. Got everything working for the most part. But the epg is not showing any info on the guide. Using the bit.do ... I have reset the database several times and still nothing. Any help?

date
05-12-2015, 01:44 AM
At least stalker is still up and working with the free trial so enjoy it while it last which I hope it will.

sky305
05-12-2015, 01:59 AM
I have several Azure Cloud subscriptions and am looking to integrate a common guide. I am totally up with the development. Just need to know what I could do! If DevOPs need any resources let me know!

sky305
05-12-2015, 02:25 AM
Thank for all the info. Got everything working for the most part. But the epg is not showing any info on the guide. Using the bit.do ... I have reset the database several times and still nothing. Any help?

Change your update of the EPG to 15mins.. Let it sit for awhile and you should be good. Worked for me.

Chromboxer
05-12-2015, 02:42 AM
Change your update of the EPG to 15mins.. Let it sit for awhile and you should be good. Worked for me.

Thanks but still no go... The Tecbox epg works but not the bit.do

The other issue is i have to disable and the enable live tv after every reboot.

sky305
05-12-2015, 03:05 AM
Thanks but still no go... The Tecbox epg works but not the bit.do

The other issue is i have to disable and the enable live tv after every reboot.

Reinstall KODI..

jazp
05-12-2015, 03:28 AM

Will removing SuperRepo Repositories disable a bunch of addons included with this Repo as well? Will you need to install it later if you need to enable an addon that is found only on SuperRepo Repositories? Or once it is installed, all addons that come with it is permanently installed. May not be enabled but is installed and just be ready to be enabled once you need to?

dara
05-12-2015, 03:44 AM
Will removing SuperRepo Repositories disable a bunch of addons included with this Repo as well? Will you need to install it later if you need to enable an addon that is found only on SuperRepo Repositories? Or once it is installed, all addons that come with it is permanently installed. May not be enabled but is installed and just be ready to be enabled once you need to?

The addons won't be disabled; they just won't automatically update, if that repo is the only one supporting it. You may want to look at TR Total Installer, which can help you find add-ons you need. Some of the older SuperRepos, like Frodo All, did not get that version of the IPTV Stalker, and may support some of the more popular addons. You can also find out the authors of your more favorite addons and locate their repos. The IPTV Stalker was just a special case as MetalKettle was getting asked where this addon was, so he decided to put it on his repo, but he also made a few changes on it as people couldn't get it started (or just not patient on the initial load of channels). Before you remove the SuperRepo, you can find out which addons use it by going to the Add-on browser page, and "get Add-on", then finding the SuperRepo, and seeing what add-ons are enabled.

psycon
05-12-2015, 03:47 AM
Personally I have had the best experience with a Virgin install of Kodi. Add Stalker plugins, and Genesis.. no need for any repos or anything else really, for me anyways. Keep it simple and efficient. between stalker and genesis i dont know what else you would need..

jazp
05-12-2015, 05:23 AM
AHHH I finally got EPG to work! I followed all instructions. I would just like to thank all of you for working really hard to get this kind of info to us. You guys are amazing. Thank you again.

Shipwreck
05-12-2015, 04:11 PM
@Shipwreck, the instructions are good, and I adjust them as necessary. As far as copying what you do, it depends on what your system is, as there is a user-accessable folder where your add-ons and userdata are, and you can just copy that over to a similar system that has kodi on it. Read this:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Backup.

Basically on a PC it's at "C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi" . Just have to copy that after you install Kodi.

Thanks a million Dara.

blue fly
05-12-2015, 07:26 PM
I am happy that you get it to work. I am here trying my best but no luck . I have the guide with the logos but when I select a channel to play I get NONE TYPE OBJECT UN SUBSCRIPTABLE FROM THE STALKER. I am using the 1.0.18 any help to this problem

dara
05-12-2015, 08:00 PM
I am happy that you get it to work. I am here trying my best but no luck . I have the guide with the logos but when I select a channel to play I get NONE TYPE OBJECT UN SUBSCRIPTABLE FROM THE STALKER. I am using the 1.0.18 any help to this problem

It sounds like you are using the iVue guide, which isn't currently compatible with newer versions of IPTV Stalker. If you want to use iVue guide, you need to uninstall 1.0.18, and install 1.0.7. The instructions in this thread are for using the built in IPTV PVR Simple client, with IPTV Stalker (version 1.0.10 and above) and an exterior EPG source.

blue fly
05-12-2015, 08:13 PM
ok thank you . I see I will wait until you good guys figure out a way to get a stand alone guide to work with the stalker addon

jlitwinetz
05-12-2015, 08:19 PM
Wondering why my guide is opening two days ahead of actual time.

dara
05-12-2015, 08:42 PM
ok thank you . I see I will wait until you good guys figure out a way to get a stand alone guide to work with the stalker addon
I don't see that happening, to be honest at least in this thread. If you want the standalone guide, go with the iVue and maybe they will figure out how to access the newer versions.

psycon
05-12-2015, 10:32 PM
Wondering why my guide is opening two days ahead of actual time.
what timezone are you in, and what timeshift setting are you using

jlitwinetz
05-12-2015, 11:31 PM
what timezone are you in, and what timeshift setting are you using

eastern using 3.0 timeshift and the bit.do xml tv url and the guide only goes back to 9:30pm on may 12

epg set at 3 days 120 m refresh. Changed to tecbox xml tv url resolves problem with 0 timeshift

DualTest
05-12-2015, 11:59 PM
I am pretty sure that the eastern time zone would be -4. Your 9:30pm on May 12th is 1 1/2 hours away as I write this.

Shipwreck
05-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Logos aren't currently served through IPTV Stalker to the IPTV PVR Simple Client. It may need a code change.

Not sure how this could be used in conjunction with this setup being worked on here but I stumbled upon a pretty good resource for channel logos here;

http://xmltvguide.info/logos/

Pretty good quality graphics and as far as I saw it has all the channel logos and a ton of other related images as well.

psycon
05-13-2015, 08:20 PM
pvr.stalker already pulls the logos from the server, and displays it in the EPG as well.. it is currently being updated to support xmltv so I would just wait.

Shipwreck
05-13-2015, 08:21 PM
For more complete EPG info unzip and replace this file in /userdata/addon_data/plugin.stalker.video. Then reset the PVR database in settings>TV.General and reenable iptv simple client.

So I'm finally getting around to redoing my system... Just want to clarify... Once I follow all the directions in Dara's original post here do I do that you state here Psycon? Or has this been added to the directions in Dara's? If it hasn't been added to Dara's and needs to be done could it be added to his original post so folks know to do it.

Shipwreck
05-13-2015, 08:25 PM
Thanks for this. just what i needed!

Has this been done yet? If not I can get to work on it later today.

Shipwreck
05-13-2015, 09:31 PM
OK, so I followed the instructions in Dara's original post and have two issues.
1 - In the IPTV Stalker config I don't have the M3U Server tab. I have version 1.0.18.
2 - My EPG doesn't seem to be working properly. It doesn't show the current program that is on but instead the space where the current show should be is blank. It shows programs that start about an hour from now. Also, no logos at all show up (minor issue).

psycon
05-13-2015, 09:41 PM
Has this been done yet? If not I can get to work on it later today.

yes this has been done. chekc the other thread.. you could always help out and find the missing channels.

psycon
05-13-2015, 09:43 PM
1 - In the IPTV Stalker config I don't have the M3U Server tab. I have version 1.0.18.
2 - My EPG doesn't seem to be working properly. It doesn't show the current program that is on but instead the space where the current show should be is blank. It shows programs that start about an hour from now. Also, no logos at all show up (minor issue).

1. The m3u server tab is there, probably out of view, just keep tabbing over.
2. if your m3u server isnt set up right it shouldnt load..... make sure you set your timeshift to your timezone (+1 for DST) in the IPTV simple pvr client.. There are no logos, it hasnt been coded into this plugin...

Shipwreck
05-13-2015, 11:08 PM
yes this has been done. chekc the other thread.. you could always help out and find the missing channels.

OK cool. Will check the other thread and see what's needed.

Shipwreck
05-13-2015, 11:12 PM
1. The m3u server tab is there, probably out of view, just keep tabbing over.
2. if your m3u server isnt set up right it shouldnt load..... make sure you set your timeshift to your timezone (+1 for DST) in the IPTV simple pvr client.. There are no logos, it hasnt been coded into this plugin...

Thanks Psycon. I was trying to click to it by clicking the blue arrow pointing right. I realized I had to put my cursor on one of the buttons (Portal button or any of them) and then hit the arrow keys on my keyboard... Always the simple things eh LOL.

Also, I noticed that I haven't had to re-enable any of the addons or restart the M3U server when shutting down and restarting Kodi now. Once it's set up I can shut down Kodi and restart it and everything runs automatic. Sweet. :-)

TxAxZxZ
05-14-2015, 03:21 AM
Hello, I think I followed the instructions correctly and I have the default EPG working. The problem I'm having is iVue loads up automatically on Kodi startup. How do I disable this? Thank you!

dara
05-14-2015, 03:33 AM
Hello, I think I followed the instructions correctly and I have the default EPG working. The problem I'm having is iVue loads up automatically on Kodi startup. How do I disable this? Thank you!

There is toggle setting on iVue settings to control that.

TxAxZxZ
05-14-2015, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the quick reply!

TxAxZxZ
05-14-2015, 04:09 AM
When I click on the default EPG it takes about 15 seconds (blank screen) to load and about the same amount of time to exit. Is this normal?

kizer8
05-14-2015, 12:02 PM
When I click on the default EPG it takes about 15 seconds (blank screen) to load and about the same amount of time to exit. Is this normal?

Mine too... It's very annoying.. Anyone know how to fix?

Shipwreck
05-14-2015, 04:01 PM

OK, so the number one issues was resolved with the help of Date and Psycon, and I figured out what was wrong with the EPG not working properly.... It was the settings in the Live TV EPG settings under System. I had to change it from opening the info window to to switching to the channel LOL....

psycon
05-14-2015, 04:40 PM
Mine too... It's very annoying.. Anyone know how to fix?

Doesnt happen to me, what version of Kodi and on what device..... also are you caching your m3u locally in stalker settings, or iptv simple settings i cant remember

kizer8
05-14-2015, 04:46 PM
Doesnt happen to me, what version of Kodi and on what device..... also are you caching your m3u locally in stalker settings, or iptv simple settings i cant remember

14.2 Helix on FireTV Stick using bit.do website. Initially I wasn't cacheing EPG, but now i am from what I saw on another thread to check to cache it..

TxAxZxZ
05-14-2015, 05:23 PM
I'm using Kodi 14.2 on a Matricom G-Box Q (Android 4.4.2) with iptv stalker 1.0.18. I enabled Cache m3u at local storage & I'm using the tecbox.tv url for the EPG remote path settings.

Shipwreck
05-14-2015, 06:28 PM
Hey guys, I'm using Kodi 14.2 with IPTV Stalker 1.0.18 (on a Windows 7 PC) so you know what I have here... When I follow Dara's steps and do step 5 Disable PVR Stalker Client if previously enabled, I lose the TV menu on the home screen and thus the EPG as well. But when I leave IPTV Stalker enabled the TV menu, and EPG, both show up. I'm wondering if this might be an issue others are having as well. Is this a mistake in Dara's steps or is it something that only happens with certain versions of the addons?

TxAxZxZ
05-14-2015, 06:40 PM
Shipwreck,
Mine seems to be the opposite. I too disabled the stalker PVR client (0.6) but the iVue guide hangs and the Kodi EPG shows all the channels. I just have a blank (black) screen for 15 seconds then the Kodi EPG loads. At first I thought Kodi was frozen so I would do a hard reset. After a few times of that I let it stay on the blank screen while I was reading (this thread) and suddenly it populated.

I never got the iVue guide to populate.

Shipwreck
05-14-2015, 08:05 PM
Shipwreck,
Mine seems to be the opposite. I too disabled the stalker PVR client (0.6) but the iVue guide hangs and the Kodi EPG shows all the channels. I just have a blank (black) screen for 15 seconds then the Kodi EPG loads. At first I thought Kodi was frozen so I would do a hard reset. After a few times of that I let it stay on the blank screen while I was reading (this thread) and suddenly it populated.

I never got the iVue guide to populate.

TxAx, are you using the IPTV Stalker video addon or the client? If I'm not mistaken you need to be using IPTV Stalker video addon which you can get here:

https://github.com/esxbr/plugin.video.stalker/archive/master.zip

download that and then follow the steps in Dara's first post here. Before you do that though uninstall the stalker client as I had problems when I was using both. I believe this will solve your issues. Once you have the IPTV Stalker installed it should be at version 1.0.18. If not click the update button on it.

TxAxZxZ
05-14-2015, 08:07 PM
I'm using the video add on 1.0.18. I just mentioned that I disabled the stalker PVR client so I only have the simple PVR client enabled

Shipwreck
05-14-2015, 08:17 PM
I'm using the video add on 1.0.18. I just mentioned that I disabled the stalker PVR client so I only have the simple PVR client enabled

OK, have you tried enabling the IPTV Stalker and leaving it enabled?

TxAxZxZ
05-14-2015, 08:40 PM
Not yet, I'll try that tonight

kizer8
05-14-2015, 08:50 PM
14.2 Helix on FireTV Stick using bit.do website. Initially I wasn't cacheing EPG, but now i am from what I saw on another thread to check to cache it..

Anybody know why the EPG hangs and if caching should or shouldn't be enabled?

Shipwreck
05-14-2015, 09:15 PM
Anybody know why the EPG hangs and if caching should or shouldn't be enabled?

Caching should be enabled. That may solve your hanging, if not post back.

Shipwreck
05-15-2015, 12:36 AM
Is there a way to not load all of the channels on the PVR manager and the EPG? I tried channel manager but that didn't work. I don;t need any of the foreign channels and some others and when I start Kodi it takes so long for the PVR manager to populate and the TV menu to show up.

trackzz
05-15-2015, 01:40 AM
i cant seem to match the guide with the correct movie/show
guide says one thing but shows something else
any ideas ?

psycon
05-15-2015, 02:37 AM
set your timezone right and reset your databases

psycon
05-15-2015, 02:40 AM
Is there a way to not load all of the channels on the PVR manager and the EPG? I tried channel manager but that didn't work. I don;t need any of the foreign channels and some others and when I start Kodi it takes so long for the PVR manager to populate and the TV menu to show up.

download the git and remove the sections you dont want from go.bat and compile your own xml file.

MellowFellow
05-15-2015, 03:03 AM
I have the same setup as TxAxZxZ: Kodi 14.2 on a Matricom G-Box Q (Android 4.4.2) with iptv stalker 1.0.18.

I downloaded from github.com/esxbr/plugin.video.stalker/archive/master.zip and am having the same problem. i.e. It takes 35 secs for epg to appear onscreen. If I select a channel from epg, when I stop the channel it takes 35 secs to get back to the epg. In the meantime there's just a blank blue screen with bubbles. I think it is reloading from the clients each time the guide is displayed, not from the database. My cache m3u local storage option is selected. I have a fresh install of Kodi and the stalker zip is the only addon. The same stalker zip was used for my win7/kodi 14.2 install and it works perfectly. Snappy fast!

Dara has done a wonderful job in creating this, thank you so much!

dara
05-15-2015, 03:30 AM
I have the same setup as TxAxZxZ: Kodi 14.2 on a Matricom G-Box Q (Android 4.4.2) with iptv stalker 1.0.18.

I downloaded from github.com/esxbr/plugin.video.stalker/archive/master.zip and am having the same problem. i.e. It takes 35 secs for epg to appear onscreen. If I select a channel from epg, when I stop the channel it takes 35 secs to get back to the epg. In the meantime there's just a blank blue screen with bubbles. I think it is reloading from the clients each time the guide is displayed, not from the database. My cache m3u local storage option is selected. I have a fresh install of Kodi and the stalker zip is the only addon. The same stalker zip was used for my win7/kodi 14.2 install and it works perfectly. Snappy fast!

Dara has done a wonderful job in creating this, thank you so much!

It's not my work alone, psycon figured it out, and we wouldn't have this at all if pocpoc didn't need to develop the IPTV Stalker for his OpenElec.

I think the IPTV PVR Simple client is showing its limitations. It's meant for simple m3u lists, and probably not large lists that we are getting from NFPS. The guide data maybe taxing the limits of the client, as it may not be expecting programs that are 1 yr in length. With the EPG that we are collating, its coming from many different sources, even though they are standardized in its format, and there may be issues internal to that data as well. The best way to approach issues is to reset the pvr and epgs, and just be patient as this is just an experimental solution.

psycon
05-15-2015, 06:09 AM
The year thing may be whats slowing it down Dara.. Ill drop it to a month, or maybe just generate a 2 day listing on the fly. tomorrow, my brain hurts. lol
In the meantime mellowfellow, tell Kodi you only want to display 1 day of guide data, that may speed it up as well..

dara
05-15-2015, 06:27 AM
I'm not seeing the speed issues with that combined dummy load I just created, with the regular stuff (generated locally.) I'm also seeing a full guide properly.

kizer8
05-15-2015, 11:55 AM
Caching should be enabled. That may solve your hanging, if not post back.

Thx for the suggestion, but even with enabling the cache the EPG is still 20-30 seconds slow opening/closing or switching channels..

necrotix76x
05-15-2015, 04:21 PM
Am I missing something because all of the sudden my EPG for IPTV stalker has nothing but placeholders. Using IPTV Stalker Video Addon 1.0.18 with the "Bit.do" URL. It was working well last time about a day or two ago when I last went into Live TV.

Shipwreck
05-15-2015, 04:23 PM
download the git and remove the sections you dont want from go.bat and compile your own xml file.

Sweet, thanks Psycon!

Shipwreck
05-15-2015, 04:24 PM
Thx for the suggestion, but even with enabling the cache the EPG is still 20-30 seconds slow opening/closing or switching channels..

You may be having the same problem I am. Are you referring to when you go into the EPG or when you start Kodi?

kizer8
05-15-2015, 05:31 PM
You may be having the same problem I am. Are you referring to when you go into the EPG or when you start Kodi?

Going in and using the EPG. Either opening/closing it, switching channels or stopping/starting stream etc... on my firetv stick..it takes 20 sec to 2 min to respond. I do have EPG caching enabled in the simple PVR client pointing to stalker addon v1.018 using the bit.do website..

necrotix76x
05-15-2015, 05:56 PM
OK, I don't know if this is a bug or intended, but now the EPG data will not show alongside with Next PVR Client EPG data. I can only see IPTV NFPS EPG data if I go into it's groups. If I have all channels enabled in the EPG time line only Next PVR EPG data is visible and IPTV NFPS EPG channels are all blank. Does this happen with anyone else? Could be skin related as I'm using Xperience 1080XF MB3. This wasn't happening before.

Edit: Nope. Not skin related, but I do see how the EPG data is handled switching to Confluence as its completely handled differently from Next PVR.

SMok3dOUT
05-15-2015, 06:34 PM
Going in and using the EPG. Either opening/closing it, switching channels or stopping/starting stream etc... on my firetv stick..it takes 20 sec to 2 min to respond. I do have EPG caching enabled in the simple PVR client pointing to stalker addon v1.018 using the bit.do website..

Your problem may is more likely your processor power, firetv stick are not that powerful... No speed problems here either, loads within 5 secs, switch within 3 secs...

dara
05-15-2015, 06:35 PM
I'd wish that the stalker pvr or iptv pvr simple would work with other pvrs, but they just don't. Hopefully better in Kodi 15 ...

SMok3dOUT
05-15-2015, 06:43 PM
I'd wish that the stalker pvr or iptv pvr simple would work with other pvrs, but they just don't. Hopefully better in Kodi 15 ...

Dido they just don't play well together... HeHe

kizer8
05-15-2015, 06:54 PM
Your problem may is more likely your processor power, firetv stick are not that powerful... No speed problems here either, loads within 5 secs, switch within 3 secs...

The firetv stick is a dual core with 1 gig of memory.. What device do you use?

necrotix76x
05-15-2015, 07:08 PM

The thing is that they were all playing together in harmony just a few days ago!

necrotix76x
05-15-2015, 07:16 PM

I wish I could help but on my fire stick I use Ivue addon. No problems with it. Could you have a few apps running along with your instance of Kodi? The stick don't have much memory and power as it is. I make sure nothing else is running and not to hog up any resources.

psycon
05-15-2015, 08:08 PM
FYI You can color code your PVR listings by Genre by following this guide

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=175642

It only lists a few skins but should work on any if you replace the right lines..
Works fine on eminence

SMok3dOUT
05-15-2015, 09:44 PM

Dell 530 Duo Core 2 gigs, Dell 780 Optiplex 8 gigs and HP 2000 notepad 4 gigs. I sure it is related to processor power. My daughters JLab tablet has the same issues you have; slow load...

SMok3dOUT
05-15-2015, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=psycon;27679]FYI You can color code your PVR listings by Genre by following this guide

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=175642

Who are you guess, Glad you all are part of this forum; just to name a few psycon, dara, date,dvdken etc... you know who you are )...Nice share psycon as usual...:cool:

TxAxZxZ
05-15-2015, 10:46 PM
http://iptvtalk.net/images/styles/DeFraction/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by psycon http://iptvtalk.net/images/styles/DeFraction/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?p=27520#post27520)

Sweet, thanks Psycon!

Shipwreck,
It's looks as though this suggestion worked for you to get rid of all the channels you don't want. Could you maybe post a step by step of how you did it (noob here). I too want to get rid of all the channels I don't use and hiding them one by one is taking forever. Thanks!

TxAxZxZ
05-15-2015, 11:38 PM
Kizer & MellowFellow,
I'm not quite sure if what I did is what caused my EPG to work fast but now my EPG pulls up as soon as I click on it. Here is what I did.

System-->LiveTV-->EPG
- Changed "Days to Display in the EPG" = 1 day
- Reset the EPG database
- Click on the OK button

System-->Add-ons-->Enabled Add-ons-->Video Add-ons-->IPTV Stalker-->Configure (on G Box, click on the menu button; the button with the blue lines)
- Navigate to the M3U Server Tab
-- Click Stop & let it do its thing
-- Click Start & let it do its thing
- Click on the OK button

Shutdown Kodi and restart

Worked like a charm! I went back in and reset the days to display in the EPG back to 3 days and restarted and the EPG still loads immediately. Hope this works for you both!

~Tazz

kizer8
05-16-2015, 12:07 AM
Kizer & MellowFellow,
I'm not quite sure if what I did is what caused my EPG to work fast but now my EPG pulls up as soon as I click on it. Here is what I did.

System-->LiveTV-->EPG
- Reset the EPG database
- Click on the OK button

System-->Add-ons-->Enabled Add-ons-->Video Add-ons-->IPTV Stalker-->Configure (on G Box, click on the menu button; the button with the blue lines)
- Click on the OK button

Worked like a charm! I went back in and reset the days to display in the EPG back to 3 days and restarted and the EPG still loads immediately. Hope this works for you both!

~Tazz

Thanks Tazz, I will try and report back.

psycon
05-16-2015, 12:24 AM
For Those with the long load time issue try
http://ipkill.org/NFPSEnglish It does only contain the english channels and no dummy channels.

TxAxZxZ
05-16-2015, 01:04 AM
Much thanks Psycon & thanks for everything!! This is awesome!

I have my EPG time shift set to -1.00 because I'm in Central Standard Time. Do I need to change this for the new url?

dara
05-16-2015, 06:23 AM
Much thanks Psycon & thanks for everything!! This is awesome!

I have my EPG time shift set to -1.00 because I'm in Central Standard Time. Do I need to change this for the new url?

If you are using the new URL, set relative to utc. Central DAYLIGHT time is -5 hrs.

kizer8
05-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Kizer & MellowFellow,

System-->LiveTV-->EPG
- Reset the EPG database
- Click on the OK button

- Click on the OK button

~Tazz

Thx for the suggestion, but still no difference.

Sander55
05-16-2015, 02:10 PM
When I go to load a channel in epg it errors out says channel can not load ( also will not load in channels) , but it will load if I just use the IPTV stalker addon. Any help would be appreciated.

Shipwreck
05-16-2015, 03:15 PM
http://iptvtalk.net/images/styles/DeFraction/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by psycon http://iptvtalk.net/images/styles/DeFraction/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?p=27520#post27520)

Shipwreck,
It's looks as though this suggestion worked for you to get rid of all the channels you don't want. Could you maybe post a step by step of how you did it (noob here). I too want to get rid of all the channels I don't use and hiding them one by one is taking forever. Thanks!

Yeah it worked awesome Taz, Psycon was a huge help even though I got kind of annoying with questions at a point LOL.... I'm just getting back into coding after many years of being out of it and am a little more rusty then I thought I'd be... Use to code my own stuff for satellite back in those days and it's similar but a little different with different types of code for different things... But I'm picking it back up quicker the more I work on it...
I noticed Psycon posted the link to his git for the english only channels... LOL I had just finished mine and was about to post it and saw Psycon was quicker on the trigger with his LOL. I'll do up a step by step on how I did it and post it later for those who want to do it. My method so far isn't as fast as I believe Psycon's is as I mentioned I'm still a bit rusty.. But will post later what I have so far and update it as I progress and get it more efficient.

Loving this community!! So many awesome people I'm relearning from; Psycon, Dara, Date, etc.....

Shipwreck
05-16-2015, 03:17 PM
When I go to load a channel in epg it errors out says channel can not load ( also will not load in channels) , but it will load if I just use the IPTV stalker addon. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you changed the URLs in the addon to the new ones Dara posted in the original post here?

nav2014
05-16-2015, 03:52 PM
Thank you so much dara for this guide. I followed it step by step and it worked !!!

Just on Step 7, had to close and open Kodi and also disable and enable the PVR IPTV Simple Client and I can now see the channels along with EPG under Live TV.

And thank you to pocpoc also for the IPTV Stalker add-on.

Sander55
05-16-2015, 03:56 PM
yes I have double checked them same as posted in top post

TxAxZxZ
05-18-2015, 09:57 AM
Thx for the suggestion, but still no difference.

Yeah, mine went back to the 15 second load time after I switched to the English only EPG URL.

psycon
05-18-2015, 05:25 PM
Try purging and reloading. I changed the english version to only pull 1 day of data.. see if that help.

If it doesnt. I suggest using Kodi 15 instead as it seems to load the EPG much faster regardless of which file you use.

Shipwreck
05-18-2015, 08:54 PM
Try purging and reloading. I changed the english version to only pull 1 day of data.. see if that help.

If it doesnt. I suggest using Kodi 15 instead as it seems to load the EPG much faster regardless of which file you use.

Which version of 15 is more stable Psycon, alpha 1 or 2?

dara
05-18-2015, 09:05 PM
Kodi 15 is now in beta.

Shipwreck
05-19-2015, 12:03 AM
Sweet! Thanks Dara. Just downloaded it and installing now.

node
05-19-2015, 07:34 AM
I am using M8, with OpenElec 5.0.8, Stalker video add on 1.18 and Stalker client 0.6b Middleware, the Channels are loaded (651); the EPG is (73) channels.

The time is on the Left of the screen, top to bottom; there a way to get the guide times across the top of the screen, (running from left to right on top of the screen.).

dara
05-19-2015, 04:03 PM
I am using M8, with OpenElec 5.0.8, Stalker video add on 1.18 and Stalker client 0.6b Middleware, the Channels are loaded (651); the EPG is (73) channels.

The time is on the Left of the screen, top to bottom; there a way to get the guide times across the top of the screen, (running from left to right on top of the screen.).

I think you would be getting more channels on the EPG if you are using the IPTV Stalker (1.18) with IPTV PVR Simple which this thread is about. If you are looking for a 'grid' view, on the left side menu from Kodi, select 'Guide'. The "Stalker client 0.6b Middleware" implies you are using the PVR.Stalker, so if you are using that, I can see why you are only getting 73 channels. You don't actually install that Middleware on your system, you and everyone else is getting a feed from the middleware that is installed on their servers.

Teachme
05-19-2015, 08:35 PM
I get no guide and only 1 channel that says NFPS http error 404 : not found

Sorry i had changed address in stalker

necrotix76x
05-19-2015, 09:05 PM

Switched over to IPTV Simple method from IVUE and I'm getting this issue too! About 2/3rd of channels not working but is valid going through the IPTV Stalker video add on. Has anyone else encountered this? How was it corrected. Using IPTV Simple current version with Stalker add on 1.0.18 along with the ipkill.org English EPG channels on the Amazon Fire Stick.

Been using this method from day one on my Win 7 64 bit desktop.

psycon
05-19-2015, 09:09 PM
just go to settings >TV and disable. then enable the PVR again . sound like the timing issue with the m3u server.

Teachme
05-19-2015, 09:50 PM
Ik cool working good now how can i set channel numbers usa is like 62 instead of 105

psycon
05-19-2015, 10:02 PM
turn on "use backend channel numbers" vn settings >TV - may need to delete your databases too

Teachme
05-20-2015, 01:32 AM
i think what is messing me up is one of the 2 scripts used here has a start channel number at and it seems to be overriding the use backend channels. epg is working great just channels start at 1 and go in numerical order. how would i delete the databases also?

Shipwreck
05-20-2015, 02:56 AM
i think what is messing me up is one of the 2 scripts used here has a start channel number at and it seems to be overriding the use backend channels. epg is working great just channels start at 1 and go in numerical order. how would i delete the databases also?

To delete the databases go into system, then into Live TV. On the general settings click reset PVR database, then on the EPG settings click reset guide database.

Shipwreck
05-20-2015, 02:59 AM
Is anyone else have a bad buffering problem? I'm using Kodi 15 now and the channels are buffering pretty bad, practically every 15 to 20 seconds they freeze for about 10 seconds or longer. I set the zero cache up and it's still doing it...

Teachme
05-20-2015, 03:09 AM
On pvr iptv simple client what do u guys have for where it says channel number starts at. For exampme usa is 39 not 105

expatter
05-20-2015, 07:29 PM
Is anyone else have a bad buffering problem? I'm using Kodi 15 now and the channels are buffering pretty bad, practically every 15 to 20 seconds they freeze for about 10 seconds or longer. I set the zero cache up and it's still doing it...

A lot depends upon the OS you are using. For example, the wiki states that if you have a Fire TV you should NOT set "0" cache in advanced settings.

Note: Do not use the 0 (zero) setting if you have a device with a low amount of local storage, such as 8GB on a Fire TV. As a general rule of thumb, only use this setting if you have at least 16 GB of local drive space that is currently free on the device. Otherwise, Kodi will stall and stop playing the video, or might even crash.

Also that pvr video buffer is different from other internet stream buffers. I found this on the kodi forum a couple of days ago. They linked to the wiki and I amended my advanced settings to see if it helps. Some channels still stutter from time to time but mostly it works well. I'm on a windows box.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml Look at the section labeled "PVR" and see if this helps you out.

Shipwreck
05-20-2015, 11:06 PM
A lot depends upon the OS you are using. For example, the wiki states that if you have a Fire TV you should NOT set "0" cache in advanced settings.

Note: Do not use the 0 (zero) setting if you have a device with a low amount of local storage, such as 8GB on a Fire TV. As a general rule of thumb, only use this setting if you have at least 16 GB of local drive space that is currently free on the device. Otherwise, Kodi will stall and stop playing the video, or might even crash.

Also that pvr video buffer is different from other internet stream buffers. I found this on the kodi forum a couple of days ago. They linked to the wiki and I amended my advanced settings to see if it helps. Some channels still stutter from time to time but mostly it works well. I'm on a windows box.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml Look at the section labeled "PVR" and see if this helps you out.

Thanks Expat. I'm on a Windows PC as well and have a couple terabytes to spare LOL. Checking out that link you provided now.

Squall13
05-21-2015, 12:45 AM
So is anyone having problems right now?

Only the music channels are working for me right now. Everything else isn't

PVR Stalker version is 1.0.18

Running Kodi 14.2 on FireTV

Squall13
05-21-2015, 01:12 AM
additional info for above. I attached a snippet of my log file that seems relevant

http://pastebin.com/YEZzKN4N

expatter
05-21-2015, 01:37 AM
Thanks Expat. I'm on a Windows PC as well and have a couple terabytes to spare LOL. Checking out that link you provided now.

YVW. It may or may not help you out but this is a learning experience for all of us. :cool: With the speed at which things have been developing of late it sure has been challenging to my understanding. Hard to believe I used to be so proficient at help desk support for several hundred people once upon a time. But then that was the days of Windows 95, LOL!

Shipwreck
05-21-2015, 01:03 PM
So is anyone having problems right now?

Only the music channels are working for me right now. Everything else isn't

PVR Stalker version is 1.0.18

Running Kodi 14.2 on FireTV

I had the same problem on Windows Squall. In addition to that there were some channels that wouldn't work and then after checking a different channel and going back to the one that didn't work it would work. Also had issues with watching a channel and all of a sudden getting kicked out of it back into the EPG.

padron56
05-21-2015, 01:39 PM
HOWTO-Integrate-EPG-into-PVR-IPTV-Simple-Client-using-IPTV-Stalker Video
https://youtu.be/5d8sk_dipHY

padron56
05-21-2015, 01:48 PM
How to Change EPG Time Shift PVR IPTV Simple Client XBMC or KODI Reset the EPG database
https://youtu.be/57JQWH05Fk8

Shipwreck
05-21-2015, 06:06 PM
YVW. It may or may not help you out but this is a learning experience for all of us. :cool: With the speed at which things have been developing of late it sure has been challenging to my understanding. Hard to believe I used to be so proficient at help desk support for several hundred people once upon a time. But then that was the days of Windows 95, LOL!

LOL Oh yeah, an awesome learning experience. I love this kind of stuff and have been playing with stuff like this for many years, but like you got out of it for quite a long time and now relearning

It did indeed help too. I didn't see that part about PVRs before and was just setting the network settings. That did help some but adding the PVR settings helped even more. I played around with different settings and researched a ton and came up with something that turned out to be an awesome fix for the systems I am working with here. I just made a post about it here:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3320-Both-Video-and-Live-TV-Buffering-Freezing-Video-Problems-Solved&p=28994#post28994

node
05-22-2015, 05:47 PM
Is the EPG guide working? I tried both links, and nothing showing up, tried it yesterday and the ipkill link worked, now, just a blue screen. I run IPTV-Simple-Client and Stalker 1.18 on Openelec Kodi 14.2.

Both IPTV-Simple-Client and Stalker Video-addon load the channels and most are working,(648)Ch. Saw ABC CBS NBC and FOX New York not there anymore, hoping they will come back once the server is sorted out.

I am sure I am missing a small detail.

psycon
05-22-2015, 06:22 PM
looks like they pulled the new york feeds... but yeah, everything is working fine on this end.

node
05-23-2015, 03:49 AM
Psycon and Dara, and the entire crew thanks for your ever endless work on this, amazing job.

Will like to know if Trinidad feed can be added to the line up of the Caribbean channels on the guide?

sneakk
05-24-2015, 01:58 AM
I had everything working as intended on a couple different devices, and today I'm not getting the EPG to display any information, I just get a blank screen. I've tried NFPSFull and NFPSEnglish. I've cleared PVR database and EPG database and still nothing. I could use some help please

psycon
05-24-2015, 02:59 AM
the server is down i beleive

sneakk
05-24-2015, 03:05 AM
Thanks psycon

Sander55
05-24-2015, 01:02 PM
Is there a way to edit the channels I.E remove all the non English channels???

dara
05-24-2015, 02:16 PM
Is there a way to edit the channels I.E remove all the non English channels???

What do you mean "remove channel?" You can load the English version of the ipkill.org load, and if you wish, you can create a Group in the pvr left menu settings to only have English channels. You can't remove the channels from the feed.

psycon
05-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Go into the channel manager and hide the channels you do not want.

skyhigh
05-25-2015, 06:48 PM
Are these servers still down, http://ipkill.org/NFPSFull or http://ipkill.org/NFPSEnglish? they dont seem to pull any guide data right now, but http://tecbox.tv/repo/teciptvguide/stalker.xml does but thats not even close to a complete list so is the ipkill links down?

psycon
05-25-2015, 09:24 PM
ipkill.org is getting DDOSed and is going into protection mode.. if you go the the link on your computer it should whitelist Your IP and continue to work again.

I added another shortener.

English - http://is.gd/NFPSE
Full - http://is.gd/NFPSF

you can always load the actual URL these shorteners are pointing to.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/psyc0n/NFPS-EPG-Grabber/master/NFPSE.xml
or
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/psyc0n/NFPS-EPG-Grabber/master/NFPSF.xml

dara
05-26-2015, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure if the whitelisting worked for me. psyc0n, should I change the tutorial?

psycon
05-26-2015, 08:02 PM
perhaps that is a good idea. its been long enough

skyhigh
05-26-2015, 11:18 PM
It seemed to work on my end, Thanks...I really appreciate you guys hard work on the guide, its really awsome...I was wondering at some point if you guys plan to add channel logo's to the guide?

dara
05-26-2015, 11:49 PM
It seemed to work on my end, Thanks...I really appreciate you guys hard work on the guide, its really awsome...I was wondering at some point if you guys plan to add channel logo's to the guide?

Probably not for the simple pvr. You can get logos with pvr.stalker, but you will have to test Kodi 15.0

psycon
05-27-2015, 06:49 AM
Probably not for the simple pvr. You can get logos with pvr.stalker, but you will have to test Kodi 15.0

I know I am not going to bother with icons.. As Dara said, pvr.stalker supports server supplied icons in the channel list as well as the EPG.. Unless Dara or other users supply channel fixes I am really done improving this grabber as it is nearly complete. I will not consider the internationals a priority until the server goes paid and we can be more sure if the channel lineup isn't going to drastically change....

That being said, if a tech-savvy user wants to, on their own, do the tedious task of finding the missing channels from their country on webgrab or mc2xml and provides us with the info we need to add to the batch we will be happy to do so.

mavswin
05-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Hi Staff,

I followed the instructions and I was able to get the channels to load. However, when I click on the channels none of the the streams dont seem to work. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Kevin

dara
05-27-2015, 02:04 PM
Hi Staff,

I followed the instructions and I was able to get the channels to load. However, when I click on the channels none of the the streams dont seem to work. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Kevin

Make sure you go into IPTV Stalker and do an initial load of the channels there by selecting NFPS, then All. This sets the cache which the program calls the links from.

mavswin
05-27-2015, 02:12 PM
Make sure you go into IPTV Stalker and do an initial load of the channels there by selecting NFPS, then All. This sets the cache which the program calls the links from.

Sounds good! I will give a try when i get home. I have one more issue. Everytime I restart Kodi the PVR client loads previous database, Isreallive.tv, instead of the stalker client. Is there a way to prevent this from reoccurring at start up.

Thanks

Kevin

dara
05-27-2015, 02:18 PM
Just make sure you reset the PVR database and Guide from the Live TV settings.

jlee
05-28-2015, 12:43 AM
thanks, this worked and was very simple to do. Does need reset PVR settings then works like a charm.

Teachme
05-28-2015, 03:34 AM
The channel numbers are wrong on the video just like mine. I got use backend checked and have reset databases and its still wrong like the video shows.

dara
05-28-2015, 03:45 AM
Channel numbers have never worked for me using PVR simple. They do work with PVR Stalker.

mavswin
05-28-2015, 02:56 PM

Still not much luck as restarting the m3u via the config options. I am only getting a very small numbers of the channels to load. After viewing the streams for a few minutes via the the Amazon Fire TV, the few PVR streams that seem to work drops. Any other suggestions?

cmndodhruv
05-28-2015, 07:26 PM
Hello,

I am using Kodi on Windows 8.1.

I have followed all the instructions in first post of this thread. I am getting all the channels (160+) and they are working great (most of them). But I am not getting any data in EPG. When I click on EPG, it reads "No EPG entries".

I have tried resetting the EPG database and also restarted Kodi to no avail. Anyone has any ideas what could be the reason?

Thanks.

Juliushell
05-28-2015, 07:33 PM
Did you follow the instructions to set the epg? also which version of kodi are using? what addon? more info, easier to help.

dara
05-28-2015, 07:51 PM
Follow up question aftter Juliushell, which epg link are you using?

arman
05-28-2015, 11:39 PM
is there some one give me new iptv Url portal for hd channel because my url portal channel havent good quality
my box model is mag 254
thank you so much

dara
05-28-2015, 11:41 PM
The url for testing NFPS is 1.iptvprivateserver.tv (portal.iptvprivateserver.tv in IPTV Stalker) and there is no special one for HD. This thread supports integration of different add-ons to get an EPG guide on Kodi, so you may be in the wrong place.

cmndodhruv
05-29-2015, 03:04 AM
Did you follow the instructions to set the epg? also which version of kodi are using? what addon? more info, easier to help.

Yes I followed the instructions in the first post of this thread by Dara. Kodi version is 14.2. For EPG link I am using http://ip.gd.org/NFPSE.

My PVR addon is "PVR IPTV Simple Client". The IPTV Stalker client version I am using is 1.0.18.

When I disable and enable the PVR client, I see the message for a while that reads "Importing EPG from clients". In my live TV section, if I click on channels, I see all the channels. But when I click on EPG, it is blank and reads "No EPG entries."

Thanks.

cmndodhruv
05-29-2015, 03:11 AM
Yes I followed the instructions in the first post of this thread by Dara. Kodi version is 14.2. For EPG link I am using http://ip.gd.org/NFPSE.

My PVR addon is "PVR IPTV Simple Client". The IPTV Stalker client version I am using is 1.0.18.

When I disable and enable the PVR client, I see the message for a while that reads "Importing EPG from clients". In my live TV section, if I click on channels, I see all the channels. But when I click on EPG, it is blank and reads "No EPG entries."

Thanks.

Ok I reached the thread located at http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2940-NFPS-xmltv-EPG-Grabber and then changed my EPG link to http://ip.gd/NFPSF and now it is working :)

Thanks for your help!

cmndodhruv
05-29-2015, 12:34 PM
Hello,

Will it be possible to block the adult channels from being displayed in the EPG and Channels list? I have set the parental lock in the IPTV Stalker plugin config and when I go to the channels through the plugin, then I am asked for the password. But if I just go through the EPG or live tv section, I can get into adult channels without any password.

Thanks

dara
05-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Hello,

Will it be possible to block the adult channels from being displayed in the EPG and Channels list? I have set the parental lock in the IPTV Stalker plugin config and when I go to the channels through the plugin, then I am asked for the password. But if I just go through the EPG or live tv section, I can get into adult channels without any password.

Thanks

Use the Channel manager to hide or remove. I'm not sure if the changes are permanent though. Use the context menu when highlighting the channel. If you are worried about adult channels being accessed, you may want to consider creating profiles also.