PDA

View Full Version : IPTV Stalker (dodgy) 1.2.0 version, need to delete and put Official version (1.0.18)?

justincody
08-17-2015, 10:37 PM
Hey,

I have been ripping my hair out a little with now having a clue how to solve the problem. I have put a fire stick recently online and later discovered after research on here that I have the dodgy unofficial version of iptv stalker. We discovered this as I have been having massive issue with the authorisation issue in ivue. I need to uninstall the version of the stalker I have (1.2.0) and install the correct version which is apparently 1.0.18. Unfortunately I am new to all this and my knowledge is limited, therefore have no idea how to do this and resolve my issues! I have asked in other parts of the forum but so far no one seems to be familiar with how to do it on a fire stick and therefore was directed to try here.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Marley
08-18-2015, 03:41 AM
look in kodi section and read up on fire stick here

justincody
08-18-2015, 08:14 AM
look in kodi section and read up on fire stick here

I have already done that but that doesn't help!

Alucard
08-18-2015, 12:50 PM
Have you tried using only the Stalker PVR? I believe iVue needs the Stalker Client where the Stalker PVR does not. If you do try the Stalker PVR, make sure you change your MAC and disable the Stalker Client.

Marley
08-18-2015, 06:59 PM
see i only run the app nothing more and i gave the stick to friend he so happy with it

justincody
08-18-2015, 09:06 PM
Have you tried using only the Stalker PVR? I believe iVue needs the Stalker Client where the Stalker PVR does not. If you do try the Stalker PVR, make sure you change your MAC and disable the Stalker Client.

What is the stalker pvr, not familiar with that? And how would I setup that up.

Update - looked around in system settings add ons and there is a pvr option under enabled add on's. It doesn't say pvr stalker but says pvr iptv simple client. Not sure if this is what you were referring too or if it's something completely different.

Alucard
08-18-2015, 09:39 PM
1. Go to this link and generate a new MAC. hxxp://www.hellion.org.uk/cgi-bin/randmac.pl?scope=global&oui=00%3A1A%3A78&type=mult icast. Replace xx with tt.
2. Associate the new MAC with your donation. If it fails, repeat 1 and 2 until it accepts the MAC.
3. Go to Settings, Addons, PVR and select the Stalker Client.
4. Select Configure.
5. Select Portal 1
6. Enter the MAC address that you generated and linked in steps 1 & 2
7. Enter the Server Address. It can be hxxp: //portal.iptvprivateserver.tv/stalker_portal/c/ or 11.iptvprivateserver.tv Replace xx with tt.
8. Set the Time Zone your in. You can use this site to get the correct Time Zone Name: hxxps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones Replace xx with tt.
9. Use your donation number for both Login and password.
10. Set Guide Preference to Prefer Provider
11. Set XMLTV Scope to Remote URL.
12. Set XMLTV Remote URL to hxxp://is.gd/NFPSF Replace xx with tt.
13. Click OK to change it.
14. Go to C:\Users\<LOGIN>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\add on_data\pvr.stalker on Windows or
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker on Android and open the settings.xml
15. Insure the connection_timeout value is at 60 and then save the changes.
16. Go back to Kodi and assuming you still have the Stalker Client Plugin up and enable the Stalker PVR Client. If not see step 3 to get back to it.
17. Back out to your Kodi Settings Menu and select TV/Live TV and enable the Live TV.

This should start the Stalker client. Give it a few minutes to load the guide information. Once loaded you should have a TV option on your main menu (Skin Dependent).
Select it to watch TV. You should also have a sub menu under that for the EPG.

justincody
08-18-2015, 09:51 PM
1. Go to this link and generate a new MAC. hxxp://www.hellion.org.uk/cgi-bin/randmac.pl?scope=global&oui=00%3A1A%3A78&type=mult icast. Replace xx with tt.
2. Associate the new MAC with your donation. If it fails, repeat 1 and 2 until it accepts the MAC.
3. Go to Settings, Addons, PVR and select the Stalker Client.
4. Select Configure.
5. Select Portal 1
6. Enter the MAC address that you generated and linked in steps 1 & 2
7. Enter the Server Address. It can be hxxp: //portal.iptvprivateserver.tv/stalker_portal/c/ or 11.iptvprivateserver.tv Replace xx with tt.
8. Set the Time Zone your in. You can use this site to get the correct Time Zone Name: hxxps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones Replace xx with tt.
9. Use your donation number for both Login and password.
10. Set Guide Preference to Prefer Provider
11. Set XMLTV Scope to Remote URL.
12. Set XMLTV Remote URL to hxxp://is.gd/NFPSF Replace xx with tt.
13. Click OK to change it.
14. Go to C:\Users\<LOGIN>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\add on_data\pvr.stalker on Windows or
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker on Android and open the settings.xml
15. Insure the connection_timeout value is at 60 and then save the changes.
16. Go back to Kodi and assuming you still have the Stalker Client Plugin up and enable the Stalker PVR Client. If not see step 3 to get back to it.
17. Back out to your Kodi Settings Menu and select TV/Live TV and enable the Live TV.

This should start the Stalker client. Give it a few minutes to load the guide information. Once loaded you should have a TV option on your main menu (Skin Dependent).
Select it to watch TV. You should also have a sub menu under that for the EPG.

Hey there,
Thanks for the information, I will try and do that (key word try).2 things, on step 14 it says enter that information on andriod or windows, does this apply with it being on a fire stick? And on step 3 you refer to it as pvr stalker, as mentioned in my previous post I don't see anything in there by that name. Nearest I see is pvr iptv simple client, is this the same thing? Thanks again

Alucard
08-19-2015, 03:16 AM
Make sure you install Kodi 15.1. The PVR client is not in the previous versions.
Yes step 14 depends if your using Android or Windows as the location of the users Kodi folders are in different locations depending on the OS your using.

justincody
08-19-2015, 11:13 AM
Hey there,

You have to keep in mind the whole point of the iptv stalker issues I was having was because I don't know (and no one had said) how to install files to a fire stick so therefore installing kodi etc would be impossible for me. However I have come across more information thing morning and seems you use adbfire to install files directly from your computer (my mac) to the fire stick. I have tried this to install the kodi 15.1 but something is going wrong, it should have been simply and at first all seemed well. But after I connected using my ip in adbfire and then download the kodi 15.1 and installed the apk for kodi through adbfire, I then start to get problems. All looks fine as it says connected at the bottom and the blue display is moving up and down like its installing but when it get to the end and you think its done, it does this over and over and over like its stuck in a loop! But nothing actually installs!

eureka
08-19-2015, 11:27 AM
You seem to be on the right road anyway. On your firestick Settings -> System -> Developer Options did you toggle both ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources to ON?

justincody
08-19-2015, 11:42 AM
Ok this just gets weirder! Now for the real weird part, well it seems weird to me but might make sense to other I guess. I watched a youtube video on updating to kodi 15.1 and it says to go into the setting on the fire stick and check the installed applications for kodi.....well there is none!! There is no kodi in there at all, this makes no sense at all as clearly I do have kodi! Now the one thing I did notice is in there is "ikonotv", I do always have to click on this in the main amazon menu to load up on kodi normally. So I dunno if that explains this but then surely shouldn't kodi be listed in there! Anyway I really need this guidance on this one from anyone as this is incredible odd to me. Thanks

justincody
08-19-2015, 11:42 AM
Hey Eureka,

Yes both of those are both selected to ON

Alucard
08-19-2015, 11:47 AM
To install Kodi on the Fire TV do the following.

1. Download the Kodi Arm from the Kodi site. hxxp://kodi.tv/download/
2. Download Amazon Fire TV Utility. hxxp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2736774
3. On your Fire TV go to Settings -> System -> Developer Options and Enable ADB Debuging and Apps From Unknown
4. On your Fire TV go to Settings -> System -> About -> Network and write down the IP Address.
4. Unzip the AFT Utility to c:\FTV.
5. Start AFT Utility.
6. Go to file settings.
7. Check the first radio button. Put the IP address that you wrote down and enter in to the first IP Address field. Disciption can be anything you want to use to identify this Fire TV Box.
8. Check the Normal Debug Mode.
9. Click Save and Close.
10. Click File Connect. A command box will show up. Wait for the connected to <IP Addreess> of Fire TV.
11. Select Sideload and Install APK File.
12. Cleck the Select Button and select your Kodi.APK file.
13. Click the Side Load 3rd Part Application Button. Anothe command box will appear. Wait for it do go away.
14. Now go to the Fire TV and make sure that Kodi was loaded by going to Settings -> Application -> Manage Installed Applications. The look through the list for Kodi. If there select it and Launch Application.

If everything is good so far, you can continue on to these optional steps. Since you have side loaded Kodi, the only way to start it by using step 14. Below are some steps to make this easier.
1. Go back to the AFT Utility App.
2. On the left side under Kodi Configuration, Select Kodi for Kodi Flavor.
3. Click on Install Fire Starter. Again wait for the command box to close.
4. On your Fire TV you should see that FireStarter has started and is showing.

Now you can go to settings in FireStarted and configure the single and double click actions of the remote home button. For example one click starts Fire TV Home and double click starts Kodi.

justincody
08-19-2015, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the information Alucard, why do you recommend not using Adbfire if you don't mind me asking? That is what I have been trying to use but have had some issues like mentioned. I will try what you suggested but big concern I have is regarding what I said in my previous lost

"Ok this just gets weirder! Now for the real weird part, well it seems weird to me but might make sense to other I guess. I watched a youtube video on updating to kodi 15.1 and it says to go into the setting on the fire stick and check the installed applications for kodi.....well there is none!! There is no kodi in there at all, this makes no sense at all as clearly I do have kodi! Now the one thing I did notice is in there is "ikonotv", I do always have to click on this in the main amazon menu to load up on kodi normally. So I dunno if that explains this but then surely shouldn't kodi be listed in there! Anyway I really need this guidance on this one from anyone as this is incredible odd to me."

Could you comment on why it would not be shown in there ?and could this cause any problems when I install the update? As the last thing I would want is for all my addons/setup to be over written. For what I read it says the 15.1 wouldn't overwrite anything and everything would just update but obviously my concern is the fact kodi should surely be listed in the installed applications? Thanks again

Alucard
08-19-2015, 01:03 PM
I know that there are a couple of utility apps, for me I found the Fire AFT Utility worked and was easy to use.

I do not have a Fire Stick but have a Fire Box. I am not sure if it is the same but for the Fire Box you have to go to Setting -> Applications -> Manage Installed Application to Kodi.

If you already have Kodi Installed, Install FireStarter. This will make it easy to access all your side loaded apps and you should see Kodi in it. Then you can use that app to configure the home button on the remote.

I also installed ES File explorer on the Fire Box. This allows you to easily handle the files and access your network shares to transfer files. It also has a FTP server so you can use a FTP Client to move files around. If I make major changes I always make the changes on my PC first and then transfer everything to the Fire Box.

justincody
08-19-2015, 05:30 PM
I know that there are a couple of utility apps, for me I found the Fire AFT Utility worked and was easy to use.

I do not have a Fire Stick but have a Fire Box. I am not sure if it is the same but for the Fire Box you have to go to Setting -> Applications -> Manage Installed Application to Kodi.

If you already have Kodi Installed, Install FireStarter. This will make it easy to access all your side loaded apps and you should see Kodi in it. Then you can use that app to configure the home button on the remote.

I also installed ES File explorer on the Fire Box. This allows you to easily handle the files and access your network shares to transfer files. It also has a FTP server so you can use a FTP Client to move files around. If I make major changes I always make the changes on my PC first and then transfer everything to the Fire Box.

It is the exact same in the fire stick to how you described it on your fire tv, but this is what I mean there is no kodi listed at all in that section (Setting -> Applications -> Manage Installed Application to Kodi). There is just that ikontv (which is what I normally click in on the main amazon screen to load up kodi. But this is what I meant about my concern why kodi not been shown in there. Should be concerned about this?

justincody
08-19-2015, 09:07 PM
Thought post an update,

Received a kind email which providing a lot of help in regards to my original issue regarding having the dodgy version of stalker 1.2.0 on my fire stick, I have now took the plunge removed it and installed the correct version - 1.0.18 (after finding how to side load files onto the fire stick) and thankfully its working correctly!

Now the annoying part, seems that even thou I have spent days of effort trying to get this correct version sorted because everyone had advised me that was the issues with iptv stalker giving me auth error issues on most channels in ivue. That this isn't actually the real issue, now don't me wrong there is an improvement since I have installed 1.0.18 as a lot of channels do work now or atleast after the 2nd attempt of trying to go into the channels. That said there is still a lot of channels that flat out don't work and give me the normal auth error message, so surely this must be an issue between iptv stalker and ivue? As there is no reason at all for me to have these issues now.

eureka
08-20-2015, 06:33 AM
Now the annoying part, seems that even thou I have spent days of effort trying to get this correct version sorted because everyone had advised me that was the issues with iptv stalker giving me auth error issues on most channels in ivue. That this isn't actually the real issue,
You had to get your issue with having the correct version of IPTV stalker resolved before tackling any of your other issues, so it was time well spent. It took longer for you to do this because you weren't familiar with Kodi or the fire stick. If you didn't resolve your issue with having the correct version of IPTV Stalker it would be pointless trying to get anything to work. Now that you've got that resolved you'll be in a better position to resolve everything else.

justincody
08-20-2015, 11:30 AM
You had to get your issue with having the correct version of IPTV stalker resolved before tackling any of your other issues, so it was time well spent. It took longer for you to do this because you weren't familiar with Kodi or the fire stick. If you didn't resolve your issue with having the correct version of IPTV Stalker it would be pointless trying to get anything to work. Now that you've got that resolved you'll be in a better position to resolve everything else.

Hey there,

Yeah true I am pleased managed to get it resolved and feel pleased know how to do all that now. Also know how to do repos etc and a bunch of new add ons today which is great. However spoken to a few people since on here privately and thr issue seems to defiantly be on iptv stalker/ivue end, so think it's something they need to look into to get resolved. Thanks

Alucard
08-20-2015, 11:58 AM
Is there a reason your using IVue? In my opinion you would be better off using the the IPTV PVR Client or use IPTV Simple client with the Stalker Client to get your guide. It is a pain to update the MAC in IVue if you have to change it and I don't think it has all the channels so you have to add them or update them as changes happen. I could be wrong but I only had played with it for a bit and that was my observation.

zues29
08-20-2015, 05:13 PM
Is there anyone to update kodi from 14 to 15 via the fire stick itself without losing everything?

justincody
08-20-2015, 11:00 PM
I am using it because now I have everything resolved and got everything pretty perfect on my kodi now. Not to mention I now understand how to do most things, it just seems pointless to mess around with kodi when I could end up loosing everything. Like I mentioned before kodi seems to be installed I'm a weird way on my firestick as its not shown that it exists anywhere in the system settings. It just seems like its installed somehow as ikono tv (what I click to load up kodi in the first place). Therefore not sure how trying to update might work or rather what the point would be. I tried the pvr simply client earlier and that was shocking, just terrible!