PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on STB emu - General version

neat-
08-17-2015, 06:45 PM
First off, I'd like to pass my respect and admiration for the developers here. Pretty impressive stuff from what I've observed, some nice work!!

Now, reluctantly.. a little peanut gallery feedback....Not a complaint, so please don't get all sensitive on me :) .. just feedback on a few things.

(Functionality) Address volume control so that volume can be adjusted from the firetv remote, or magic remote app. Not working in 6.11 at all and the tv remote is needed to adjust volume.
(Functionality) Modify menu navigation so that a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard would not be needed to configure portal server, mac and advanced settings.
(Glitch) Correct resolution settings (think this is likely a bug, not a lack of functionality). While within the portal...the screen resolution settings are not configurable, or do not reflect actual settings selected. They seem to default back to what is configured in the portal settings from the menu that you cant get to without a mouse (I'll call it the "Back menu").
(Functionality) It would also be cool to add a remapping of a button on the firetv remote that brings up a number pad. Even if the Magic Remote app is used... there still is no way of keying in the exact channel you want..... you will have to scroll to it from the list vs jumping to it.

As I said.. not a complaint, I'm really impressed with the amazing work that has been done with this technology... its really cool stuff for sure.....yet wanted to share this for both improving on things going forward and to inform folks that these things are not with their setup... but seem to be expected behavior.

mvas
08-17-2015, 08:15 PM
First off, I'd like to pass my respect and admiration for the developers here. Pretty impressive stuff from what I've observed, some nice work!!

Now, reluctantly.. a little peanut gallery feedback....Not a complaint, so please don't get all sensitive on me :) .. just feedback on a few things.

(Functionality) Address volume control so that volume can be adjusted from the firetv remote, or magic remote app. Not working in 6.11 at all and the tv remote is needed to adjust volume.

Will be ready soon. I've ordered Fire TV Stick a few days ago so I'll have it in a week or so (I live too far away). Then I'll try to fix volume control.

(Functionality) Modify menu navigation so that a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard would not be needed to configure portal server, mac and advanced settings.

I can try to do that, but not sure how to make it work on all devices correctly.

(Glitch) Correct resolution settings (think this is likely a bug, not a lack of functionality). While within the portal...the screen resolution settings are not configurable, or do not reflect actual settings selected. They seem to default back to what is configured in the portal settings from the menu that you cant get to without a mouse (I'll call it the "Back menu").

Hm, looks like a bug, thanks.

(Functionality) It would also be cool to add a remapping of a button on the firetv remote that brings up a number pad. Even if the Magic Remote app is used... there still is no way of keying in the exact channel you want..... you will have to scroll to it from the list vs jumping to it.

As I said.. not a complaint, I'm really impressed with the amazing work that has been done with this technology... its really cool stuff for sure.....yet wanted to share this for both improving on things going forward and to inform folks that these things are not with their setup... but seem to be expected behavior.

See answer 1.

neat-
08-17-2015, 08:18 PM
Thanks mvas!! nice work captain, TY!... This is very cool stuff and it works surprisingly well.

mvas
08-26-2015, 10:26 PM

Fixed in 0.6.13. Official apps will be published soon.

neat-
09-02-2015, 01:22 PM
6.13 addresses most of the issues mentioned in 6.11. Menu is now working to complete portal settings and is navigable without bluetooth mouse... Volume is also now working with firetv remote while using the VLC plugin....

Also... It installed as an upgrade to 6.11 and didn't need a complete reconfiguration.... Nice!!

Nice work mvas!

generica
09-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Yes

6.13 Menu is not working so it is a bit of a pain, how did you get around that?

I am unable to get it to where i like it, the screen resolution is not right as I have a thick white border around my screen and that makes it really annoying

mvas
09-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Yes

6.13 Menu is not working so it is a bit of a pain, how did you get around that?

Try to press Menu key on remote control twice. Sometimes it doesn't work if press only once. And I've only tested it on Fire TV Stick with basic remote control, so if it doesn't work try to remap keys in settings.

I am unable to get it to where i like it, the screen resolution is not right as I have a thick white border around my screen and that makes it really annoying

Could you, please, make a screenshot or a photo? Usually the app should fill the screen no matter what resolution you've chosen.

generica
09-05-2015, 09:31 PM
I will try to make a screenshot for you, I tried every option possible including remap some keys the Menu simply does not stay on the screen.

I will keep trying mind you, also the delete profile does not work, I wanted to add the STB IPTV profile but I was stuck having to alter the default demo profile instead.

I don't seem to have any of these issues on 6.12 so not sure what happened there.