PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on STB emu 6.11

neat-
08-17-2015, 06:06 PM
First off, I'd like to pass my respect and admiration for the developers here. Pretty impressive stuff from what I've observed, so nice work!!

Now, reluctantly.. a little peanut gallery feedback....Not a complaint, so please don't get all sensitive on me :) .. just feedback on a few things.

(Functionality) Address volume control so that volume can be adjusted from the firetv remote, or magic remote app. Not working in 6.11 at all and the tv remote is needed to adjust volume.
(Functionality) Modify menu navigation so that a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard would not be needed to configure portal server, mac and advanced settings.
(Glitch) Correct resolution settings (think this is likely a bug, not a lack of functionality). While within the portal...the screen resolution settings are not configurable, or do not reflect actual settings selected. They seem to default back to what is configured in the portal settings from the menu that you cant get to without a mouse (I'll call it the "Back menu").
(Functionality) It would also be cool to add a remapping of a button on the firetv remote that brings up a number pad. Even if the Magic Remote app is used... there still is no way of keying in the exact channel you want..... you will have to scroll to it from the list vs jumping to it.

As I said.. not a complaint, I'm really impressed with the amazing work that has been done with this technology... its really cool stuff for sure.....yet wanted to share this for both improving on things going forward and to inform folks that these things are not with their setup... but seem to be expected behavior.

dara
08-17-2015, 06:10 PM
The developer, mvas, monitors the configuration threads for the official emulator on the private server threads. You may want to post a copy of this in your service forum, or the one in IPTV emulators.

neat-
08-17-2015, 06:14 PM
will do Dara. I thought it would be good for the FireTV Stick folks being that there isn't much on the stick.... but I agree... I'll either post it there later... or wait to see if one of you guys moves it there... lol

Thanks!!

neat-
08-19-2015, 02:00 PM
By the way.... Found something cool with jumping to a channel vs scrolling to one.

Install the amazon fireTV app from your fav App Store, it's free. Link it to the firetv stick. And guess what... It gives you a keyboard option that allows you to key in a specific channel. Works great!!

Try it!

neat-
09-02-2015, 01:21 PM
6.13 addresses most of the issues mentioned in 6.11. Menu is now working to complete portal settings and is navigable without bluetooth mouse... Volume is also now working with firetv remote while using the VLC plugin....

Also... It installed as an upgrade to 6.11 and didn't need a complete reconfiguration.... Nice!!

Nice work mvas!