PDA

View Full Version : iptv or iks

grounded
08-15-2015, 05:24 PM
ok ppl help out here im currently testing ilink 210 iks well I see the iptv now should I stay with iks or go iptv avov does it record and run as fast as a ilink 210

Kermit
08-15-2015, 06:04 PM
Iks will be going down sometime soon. Iptv will be around in the long run. So up to you.

grounded
08-15-2015, 06:15 PM
how is the iptv running is it as good as the iks at this time

Ryu
08-15-2015, 08:27 PM
iKs is present and don't know about future. Iptv is present and future, so buy nice iptv quad core box with kodi. Hope this will help u.kof

grounded
08-16-2015, 12:46 PM
trying to get some feed back how is it running frezz much hows the recording options easy to nav all chan basic info please

Lowteck
08-16-2015, 06:49 PM
IKS should be around for a while for boxes that process mpg4 or commonly know as HD. IPTV boxes commonly used like the AVOV do not have the record function working, even for KODI with stalker, but some iptv streaming clients do have a button available on the screen to record. I have not tested as of yet to see if KODI under the vixo 2 will accept recordings.

Marley
08-16-2015, 08:06 PM
look iks hd and few sd boxes will be good for a day or 2 yrs no one know but learn how use iptv and kodi

grounded
08-16-2015, 08:31 PM
IKS should be around for a while for boxes that process mpg4 or commonly know as HD. IPTV boxes commonly used like the AVOV do not have the record function working, even for KODI with stalker, but some iptv streaming clients do have a button available on the screen to record. I have not tested as of yet to see if KODI under the vixo 2 will accept recordings.d

that's what I was looking for thanks kodi is janky for live tv and for movies cromecast and the app cast2tv I have kodi but man cromcast and cast2tv makes it so easy thanks for the info hope they work out the record option

Farmer1
08-16-2015, 08:32 PM
from what I understand you are correct asft from what i hear on IKS its live expectancy is uncertain so I would say for now IPTV would be your safest bet for the long term

Kermit
08-16-2015, 09:33 PM
This is my opinion on iks. Right now they are switching from mpeg2 to mpeg4 which means anyone with a mpeg2 receiver will have to buy a new mpeg4 receiver. That is only the first step after they switch to mpeg4 they will probably bring in any cast or whatever it is called. Anycast will stop iks unless someone figures out a fix. Anycast has been brought into the stream a few times usually just for a day or 2 then they take it off. When Anycast is on no channels work. My option is they are switching to mpeg4 people will go out and spent money on a new receiver then shorty after that Anycast will come on and kill everything meaning you have wasted your money on just buying that receiver. I would stick with iptv for now. If a workaround for Anycast happens then maybe go with iks