PDA

View Full Version : version 1.2.0

bongskie
08-13-2015, 08:59 PM
is it the new version?

dara
08-13-2015, 09:52 PM
It isn't. It was modified to send out a now-blacklisted MAC to freeloaders. It also has a cache clear modification that will cause some users to have authorization issues.

See this post:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2514-Kodi-Stalker-video-add-on-all-platforms&p=50971&viewfull=1#post50971

xdetoursx
08-15-2015, 12:35 AM
I removed the addon and manually deleted all traces off it, but after reinstalling it from your other thread..https://github.com/esxbr/plugin.video.stalker

It still comes in at 1.2.0. Is there another link for the 1.0.18?

xdetoursx
08-15-2015, 12:52 AM
Tried it again and noticed that after the initial install right after the "enabled" message, the addon auto updates. I assume it then updates to 1.2.0.

dara
08-15-2015, 01:49 AM
Yeah, you need to find the repo that is auto updating it, or turn off the auto update completely. Metal Kettle is one of the repos that has the 1.2.0 "version".

Alucard
08-15-2015, 12:56 PM
If it keeps updating and you don't want to disable the repo or updates do the following.
1. Close Kodi
2. Download the official plugin.
3. Unzip the the main contents of the downloaded file to the kodi\addons\plugin.video.stalker folder and overwrite everything.
4. go to the kodi\addons\plugin.video.stalker folder and open addon.xml with a text editor.
5 Change this line from <addon id="plugin.video.stalker" name="IPTV Stalker" version="1.0.18" provider-name="esxbr"> to <addon id="plugin.video.stalker" name="IPTV Stalker" version="1.2.0" provider-name="esxbr">
6. Save.

Now when you open kodi it will not update as it already thinks it is up to date. At least until a new version is released.

xdetoursx
08-15-2015, 02:03 PM
Thanx Alucard. I tried it and it didn't seem like it updated, but when I check the Information screen it says 1.2.0. Is that because the .xml file is telling it that, but it really is 1.0.18?

crawlers1977
08-18-2015, 12:09 PM
if its auto updated before you had a chance to turn auto updates off and set it to notify only then your best option would be to uninstall the version on there at the minute after that manually delete the plugin.video.stalker out of the addon_data folder this is because that folder will not remove when you uninstall an addon its kept there for easy reinstallation of an addon when thats gone startup kodi and reinstall iptv stalker 1.18 and since your settings are set to notify only you wont get the 1.2.0 version installing on its own

crawlers1977
08-18-2015, 12:17 PM
Thanx Alucard. I tried it and it didn't seem like it updated, but when I check the Information screen it says 1.2.0. Is that because the .xml file is telling it that, but it really is 1.0.18?
1.2.0 is a copy of 1.0.18 the only difference between them both is the names and inside the installation folder theres a folder called resources which holds an xml file thats been given this line
<setting id="portal_mac_1" type="text" label="30002" default="00:1A:79:12:34:78" visible="eq(-1,true)" /> and that mac is blacklisted which changes once its installed. "plugin.video.stalker-master" <--this is version 1.18 & "plugin.video.stalker" <--this is the 1.2.0

crawlers1977
08-18-2015, 12:28 PM
If it keeps updating and you don't want to disable the repo or updates do the following.
1. Close Kodi
2. Download the official plugin.
3. Unzip the the main contents of the downloaded file to the kodi\addons\plugin.video.stalker folder and overwrite everything.
4. go to the kodi\addons\plugin.video.stalker folder and open addon.xml with a text editor.
5 Change this line from <addon id="plugin.video.stalker" name="IPTV Stalker" version="1.0.18" provider-name="esxbr"> to <addon id="plugin.video.stalker" name="IPTV Stalker" version="1.2.0" provider-name="esxbr">
6. Save.

Now when you open kodi it will not update as it already thinks it is up to date. At least until a new version is released.

these steps are good steps but they only tend to work when you want an addon not to update the version 1.2.0 mirrors the github files directly regardless of the names theres many ways you can avoid the update easiest way remove the auto update and set the settings to notify even if you change the version on the outside it will rename itself back again the server.py and defualt.py both say to do a regular check via the github

Alucard
08-18-2015, 12:44 PM
Well the issue I have with that is when you turn of the auto updates it is for everything on that repo and I like updates. You can always not use the Stalker Client and just run Stalker PVR. The only drawback is that you would not have the VOD channels until they get added to the Stalker PVR.