PDA

View Full Version : i need help

dishdude2
01-17-2015, 12:19 AM
hi guys
every once a while everyone needs some help i think this time my turn...

i have the jynxbox m6 and i did install kodi helix

now on the splash screen still says XBMC short cut

now how can i replace that with kodi short cut

any help would be greatfull

dishdude2
02-04-2015, 08:41 PM
wow no buddy knows ???

BIO
02-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Seems the jynx isn't being used by the helping members on the forum.
It happens sometimes.

On other android devices there is usually a list of icons you use with a + beside them.
If so, click that plus and select what you want visible on that list.
Exit out when finished

Just a hunch, may be setup different

dishdude2
02-06-2015, 08:41 AM
thanks for your replay Bio

yes also i know that but just this box i am having a problem locating info how to replace the short cut from splash screen

thanks any way i will keep looking

satviewing
02-15-2015, 03:04 PM
problem with Jynx is there is no support, if you say anything against the support on their own support website you get banned, hence the support is very limited. They banned many people inc people who contribute greatly here and other forums.

BIO
02-15-2015, 04:20 PM
We have not banned anyone about jynx here satviewing.

insanityme
02-15-2015, 04:29 PM
since kodi is xbmc, changing the short cut is for aesthetics?

BIO
02-15-2015, 04:42 PM
Not really insan, on the 2 boxes I installed kodi on both kodi and xbmc had shortcuts and worked as seperate apps. Guess there is a way to update to kodi and over-write xbmc but haven't read up on it.

K00lKatT
02-15-2015, 04:53 PM
don't know if it's still true but at one time mygica(geniatech) built all jynx boxes, although each brand writes their own firmware, what works for mygica may work for jynx..just sayin

radmacks
02-15-2015, 09:20 PM
Total shot in the dark here. Do you have an app drawer? Is the icon in the app drawer? If so hook up a mouse and then drag the icon to your home screen. On most android based boxes its just a custom launcher. If I had to guess this should work.

Marley
02-19-2015, 11:59 PM
if thats true mygica(geniatech) built all jynx boxes i would try magtv for iptv you never know it could work just saying

dishdude2
02-22-2015, 03:13 PM
Total shot in the dark here. Do you have an app drawer? Is the icon in the app drawer? If so hook up a mouse and then drag the icon to your home screen. On most android based boxes its just a custom launcher. If I had to guess this should work.

where do you look for the app drawer ?? if you talking about front screen with plus sign on jynxbox dont have it atleast i didnt see any there

moskivb
02-27-2015, 12:36 PM
How to Remove Icons from the Android Home Screen

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Icons-from-the-Android-Home-Screen
You have to attach any mouse to the box.

Good luck

The Chairman
04-16-2015, 05:57 AM
A few years back I use to sell this product and stopped because of the lack of support, but over time I did manage to get in touch with a tech. This may help you get in touch with JYNXBOX support. The techs name was Steven at E-Mail *****.
He was probably the only person there that I ever dealt with that had a lick of sense. I hope this helps you but be ready to wait it takes them forever to reply. Good luck if you get an answer please let everyone know how to do it.

K00lKatT
04-16-2015, 06:00 AM
Please don't post live emails or live links in this public forum, see the rules, pls. thanks and enjoy. All links, if allowed must be coded..